Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-24

djh_ Wrote:The "proper" TV section, if and when it arrives, will involve a significant change to thumbnails anyway; we might have to reconsider the size and quality we're accustomed to.

Billyad has added a "create thumbnail" option to his media companion program. At the moment it is still just a work in progress but it has a lot of potential. One nice thing is that currently the thumbs are captured and created at full frame size. In a future release you will have the option to set a capture size. This could be a huge help if you want to do something more with Tv episode thumbs. That way you won't be limited to the 400x300 limit that they currently have on thetvdb.

- LaTropa64 - 2009-02-24

Villain Wrote:This is freaking epic.

[I MG]http://aeonproject.com/images/gallery/aeon_bookmarks.jpg[/img]

After these two pictures I am even more hyped.

OSD is one of the reasons I chose Mediastream over Aeon. These look great though! I can't wait for Stark.

- jarod71 - 2009-02-24

I cannot wait either!

- mrt2 - 2009-02-25

Rand Al Thor Wrote:Billyad has added a "create thumbnail" option to his media companion program. At the moment it is still just a work in progress but it has a lot of potential. One nice thing is that currently the thumbs are captured and created at full frame size. In a future release you will have the option to set a capture size. This could be a huge help if you want to do something more with Tv episode thumbs. That way you won't be limited to the 400x300 limit that they currently have on thetvdb.

Hrm... but I thought Media Companion already created thumbs for your contentHuh? I mean isn't that what .tbn is? What am I missing?

- Hitcher - 2009-02-25

Yes but it's only taken 5 seconds into the video (a lot of the time I get the opening credits) and it doesn't work for MKVs.

- mrt2 - 2009-02-25

Hitcher Wrote:Yes but it's only taken 5 seconds into the video (a lot of the time I get the opening credits) and it doesn't work for MKVs.

Hmmm.... that's odd. Well does XBMC make thumbs by default? The reason I ask is because all of my TV episodes have thumbs (they are all .mkv) and I know I definitely didn't make them so either XBMC made them or media companion did...

- PantsOnFire - 2009-02-25

yeah xbmc makes them.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-25

XBMC makes them for files view if they are not already there. If you are using media companion it downloads the .tbn files from thetvdb which limits the size to 400x300 max.

@Hitcher
As I said, it is a work in progress. Later in development you will be able to pick the time it takes the screenshot and the size.

- Hitcher - 2009-02-25

Rand Al Thor Wrote:XBMC makes them for files view if they are not already there. If you are using media companion it downloads the .tbn files from thetvdb which limits the size to 400x300 max.

@Hitcher
As I said, it is a work in progress. Later in development you will be able to pick the time it takes the screenshot and the size.

It's a shame XBMC doesn't make them for Library mode if there isn't one available.

- boxterduke - 2009-02-25

I just want to say thanks to djh for putting the time to make something as gorgeous as this skin and for free Smile
Love the skin and the interview.
Can't wait.

- Arkon11 - 2009-02-25

boxterduke Wrote:I just want to say thanks to djh for putting the time to make something as gorgeous as this skin and for free Smile
Love the skin and the interview.
Can't wait.

I second that, not many people would put this much work into something and not expect much in return. Thanks djh.

- jayhawk785 - 2009-02-25

Ya, almost hate to say it--but I wish he'd charge something.. Feel bad taking something this pretty for free. But I'll go ahead and do it Smile

Hope it's plex friendly, run into a couple skins that havent been lately now.

DJH, if you need plex testing in march, lemme know Wink

- Hitcher - 2009-02-25

jayhawk785 Wrote:Ya, almost hate to say it--but I wish he'd charge something.. Feel bad taking something this pretty for free.

Duncan did have a link to a charity on the old site if you felt like donating something.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-25

Hitcher Wrote:It's a shame XBMC doesn't make them for Library mode if there isn't one available.

Yeah, there is already a feature request on trac to use the autogenerated thumb in library if one is not already there. I am not really sure what size the autogenerated thumbs are and I know that you get no choice as to when the thumb is captured. That is why I am really looking forward to billyad improving his thumbnail generator.

- Neilyboy - 2009-02-25

I can not wait for this beautiful skin to be running on my htpc! I can not believe the amount of work put in to build something this beautiful! I will keep checking back to see the new updates!

Neil