Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- Bob___ - 2009-03-10

Does it make sense to create an extra thread for the xbox friendly version of Aeon Stark? Because it is boring to read about your problems to convert this great stuff to a low-res version. Aeon Stark is made for newer hardware than the Xbox 1 Wink

- Ayala - 2009-03-10

Doraemonn Wrote:Thought I'd create some awareness, this kind of thing really pisses me off. I'd welcome your comment on the site.

Meedios skinner steaking from XBMC. Again.

Thanks.

while I understand your love for aeon, i have to say that I empathize with skinners who sometimes copy. in all honesty, imitation is the best form of flattery, and though credit can sometimes by displaced by the community (as we've seen in the past) it is not always negative. I have to say that part of what I do is a result of me obsessively trying to replicate the work that inspires me.

Perhaps the only thing wrong about this is when the community neglects to realize the source of the work.

- djh_ - 2009-03-10

Doraemonn Wrote:Thought I'd create some awareness, as this kind of thing really pisses me off. I've written an overview of the 'case' with side-by-side screenies. I'd welcome your comment on the site.

Meedios skinner stealing from XBMC. Again.

Thanks.

I'll stay out of it, thanks. But yes, this staunch aversion to giving credit is mystifying.

Oh, and I should probably say it now before the inevitable occurs: I wasn't expressing any real grievance by pointing that out - just thought it was amusing when I came across it.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-03-10

djh_ will you be adding original Aeon to the SVN soon?

- Doraemonn - 2009-03-10

djh_ Wrote:I'll stay out of it, thanks. But yes, this staunch aversion to giving credit is mystifying.

Oh, and I should probably say it now before the inevitable occurs: I wasn't expressing any real grievance by pointing that out - just thought it was amusing when I came across it.

Can I quote you on that? Wink

@TheDevil: I agree with you completely, BUT not when credit is claimed and not given. Using someone's work as inspiration, good, claiming the work as your own, bad.

- djh_ - 2009-03-10

I was actually planning to add it to the dustbin. Why the interest?

- hikaricore - 2009-03-10

djh_ Wrote:I was actually planning to add it to the dustbin. Why the interest?

I'd imagine this is due to Aeon still being a fantastic skin.
I personally would hate to see it goto waste when Stark comes out.

I can only guess what the op had in mind however.

- djh_ - 2009-03-10

Doraemonn Wrote:Can I quote you on that? Wink

@TheDevil: I agree with you completely, BUT not when credit is claimed and not given. Using someone's work as inspiration, good, claiming the work as your own, bad.

I'd rather you didn't, if that's okay - can't really be dealing with any craziness right now. Appreciate the sentiment, though.

- jtap06 - 2009-03-10

XBMCG33K Wrote:I certainly hope "Wide" view doesn't return. I finally made the jump to posters and agree with poster view 100% more than any other.

Can I get confirmation on this? I for one, and probably the only one, like the wide view. It seems that there is a much larger selection of banners than posters, especially for some of the more obscure shows.

Also, it was sort of a visual that I was in TV SHOWS and not MOVIES. So there were more files/hours so the icons were larger...if that makes sense. Smile

- Doraemonn - 2009-03-10

"Aeon’s author, djh, has been remarkably calm about the situation, and did not express any grievance towards the appropriation of his work. Having been through this once before, he appears pragmatic about the situation, a feeling not necessarily shared by some fans of his work, who are understandably indignant." Wink

- Choix - 2009-03-10

eQUIV Wrote:Wow, you're the man. You work quick. Now can we get you to have a look at problem in the middle east? Big Grin

Ah, from what I witnessed people were mostly getting caught up in that whole upper menu, file/library mode switch and the layout views. And I don't really switch between them. So for me personally you could lock the whole thing and that'd be great.

Thanks for doing that sir.

I second that, lock the whole thing if you can. I plan on sharing my htpc with my family so the less options the better. I don't want them messing up my settings by mistake. Wink

- MrTourettes - 2009-03-10

Batemann Wrote:pfff, now, why don't they just use the REAL thing?

I think its because there are people who like to find the ideal solution to the job. XBMC is easier to setup and maitain than Meedio but Meedio is far more versatile.

I have both applications running and still not fully decided which app I will end up with. After years of looking for the perfect app that I will finally have setup right and use everyday I still sway form one to the other.

I agree that maybe its unfair just to rip someone off but at the same time it happens all the time. When something is shown off on the net you will always find people copy.

As for Stark I think that is the next stage of my selection process. if stark really works for the job I require I will probably stick with xbmc and leave it at that. However if stark is not as clean as I require then I will look at meedio and the skin on there to see how it works.

The bottom line is I give full respect to all developers of all aspects of every app but as an end user I would rather go with the app that worked for me rather than just sticking to one out of some kind of loyalty.

Anyway.. Really looking foreward to this skin and thanks for sharing your pet project with this community and end users like myself, it is very appriciated.

- Livin - 2009-03-10

MrTourettes,
Maybe you can, in a new thread, post a review/comparison between Meedio & XBMC? It would be nice to see a comparison from someone that has used both extensively.

- djh_ - 2009-03-10

I'd be interested in that as well. Not that it'll shift my loyalty to XBMC, but it'd make for some interesting feature requests. Now then, can we move on from the whole Meedio thing? I only brought it up for amusement and now it's all kicking off again. Don't worry, fanboys, I'll be hosting the Meedios skin in the ports section of the Aeon website - that should restore the karma.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-03-10

I ask again Tongue

djh_ will you be adding original Aeon to the SVN soon?