Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- freezy - 2009-03-10

how about channel/network logos where the studio logos are placed in the movie view? are they even available? just thinking out loud..

- djh_ - 2009-03-10

As I've said before, the TV implementation in Stark is effectively a placeholder based on the existing views. Fully functional, of course, but nothing that really capitalises on the XBMC feature-set. I don't think people quite realise how hard it is to come up with a view that meets all the requirements and takes all the opportunities on offer, especially within a streamlined layout like Aeon's, with thumbnails that tend to be average quality at best.

Emilio came up with a good one for MediaStream which I think strikes the best balance between looks and function at the moment. The problem is that Aeon isn't designed to throw lots of textual information up front, which is why similar concepts haven't worked. Rest assured that I do recognise the need for a more informative TV view, and that what comes eventually will be the best attempt so far. But that takes time, so unless you want an extra month's delay on the entire interface, you'll have to make do for now.

- freezy - 2009-03-10

no worries. as i said, just thinking out loud.

- pletopia - 2009-03-10

prefer no delay .. i'll wait for Stark V2 for tv Smile

can any of the testers possible post a screenie or 2 of the new video osd ?? also is there a in-video info osd ? i believe (at least on my keymap.xml) it's triggered by hitting 't' while playing a video

- Geitekont - 2009-03-10

Sorry, but is the skin already released ?

Or is the only release that is out ALPHA14 (29th July 2008) ? I looks awesome Smile

Sorry its such a big thread.

Thanks in advance.

- Waffa - 2009-03-10

Look to the first post, second picture.

- smcnally75 - 2009-03-10

Geitekont Wrote:Sorry, but is the skin already released ?

Or is the only release that is out ALPHA14 (29th July 2008) ? I looks awesome Smile

Thanks in advance.

It is not released yet. It is in beta testing by a select few people at this time.

- wsoderberg - 2009-03-10

Geitekont Wrote:Sorry, but is the skin already released ?

Thanks in advance.

Release date is 30th of march. The beta has been released to a few people. Images from the lucky beta folks has been published in this thread and also a video from the skinner.

Available in youtube hd here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLzdLOO3sYI&fmt=22.

It looks complete but djh wants to surpass god himself I think. Just hang in there. Sad

- krypt2nite - 2009-03-10

Hopefully not touching a sour subject, but the way Meedio with the use of the proper plugins handles tv shows is beautiful. Only thing I've ever missed from using Meedio.

- jtap06 - 2009-03-10

Really I am just wondering if wide view will be seen in the release on the 30th?? If not I will go ahead and switch to posters now so that come March 30th everything will be all ready to go.

I would prefer wide view for TV Shows, but it is not my decision to make obviously. So if djh or one of the beta testers would let me know it would be appreciated. Thanks!

- joebrady - 2009-03-10

It's been discussed many times through out the life of Aeon, and I'm pretty sure DJH is pro-poster.

- smcnally75 - 2009-03-10

No wide view that I'm aware of

- djh_ - 2009-03-10

krypt2nite Wrote:Hopefully not touching a sour subject, but the way Meedio with the use of the proper plugins handles tv shows is beautiful. Only thing I've ever missed from using Meedio.

Some more details about this would be useful - I don't have time to really set it all up myself.

- Competes2win - 2009-03-11

yes, I too would like to hear some of the benefits of Meedio... i looked at this site briefly and was instantly put off by the fact that it seems that the two main skins the app uses are none other than our very own Aeon and Vision skins... However, the site boasts 450 plugins and if these are indeed beneficial it would be very nice to hear what they are all about, perhaps providing some good proper feature requests.

- MrTourettes - 2009-03-11

Competes2win Wrote:yes, I too would like to hear some of the benefits of Meedio... i looked at this site briefly and was instantly put off by the fact that it seems that the two main skins the app uses are none other than our very own Aeon and Vision skins... However, the site boasts 450 plugins and if these are indeed beneficial it would be very nice to hear what they are all about, perhaps providing some good proper feature requests.

I believe the majority of the meedio community started using the Chrome and Aeon theme because it was a very nice theme. This I hope goes to show how respected the original work was even though maybe the way things turned out were not so good.

In a perfect world it would have been good to have the the original author of the theme and the guy who used the idea for meedio to have discussed things. I say this because what was added to the theme for meedio was a few extra features that added to the overal theme. If the 2 could have discussed things then maybe a few of those ideas could have come back to the original and in the end you get for a better product. Please do not think I am saying anything was wrong with teh original...Its just one can only add so much of themselves into something and there will always be a fresh mind that could add a bit extra.

Dont get me wrong I think When the original conception of the theme happened so much thought process went into the theme that when someone else used the idea they had some extra creativity and made a few modifications that complimented the original design.

I might have a couple of videos laying around of how the tv show module worked etc I will see what I can find.