Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- natethomas - 2009-03-11

I'm curious about something I don't think has been touched on yet. I enjoy keeping the original chapters contained with my ripped mkv files. PM3HD, of all things, has recently been sprucing up chapter support by actually listing the chapter you've jumped to when doing a big jump.

Are there plans to do anything similar with Stark? Honestly, what I'd really like to see is a context menu that allows you to jump to a chapter, but listing the chapter with an OSD after a jump does much the same thing.

- smcnally75 - 2009-03-11

Quote:Honestly, what I'd really like to see is a context menu that allows you to jump to a chapter, but listing the chapter with an OSD after a jump does much the same thing.

Why wouln't you just rip your movie with the menus intact if you want chapter menus?

- natethomas - 2009-03-11

Mostly because I find, personally, that an avi or mkv file seems to play slightly more smoothly than a fully ripped dvd in an ISO or Video_TS folder.

Also, I like the saved space that comes from efficient compression.

Edit: Furthermore, I don't actually want to see a chapter menu when starting the movie. I'd like to be able to just start the thing, but then skip around as the movie is playing. That's completely possible now. I'd just like to see a little OSD that notifies me where I am as I do my skipping. It isn't an especially important feature, and I can certainly live without it. It's just a minor effect that I like.

Web links support: YouTube and Trailers - PantsOnFire - 2009-03-11

Hey guys,

The youtube script for xbmc no longer seems to work Sad

Got me thinking.. does this skin accomodate YouTube and AMT?

I always find going to scripts section, then hitting run a bit of hass to be honest. More often than not they crash at some point.

Does this skin have the option for this on front menu? (or is that more something that the xbmc dev team would have to include.) ?

cheers

- User 42580 - 2009-03-11

Not trying to be pushy, but shouldn't this part be about "testing and localization"?

I have seen lots of people (myself included) volunteer to translate Aeon into their native language.

The non-english speaking user base of XBMC is huge, and I'm sure they would appreciate if the skin gets released working in their native language.

So why not use the people that have volunteered to translate it? I'm sure that security is a big concern, since the least thing that you want is the beta version leaking. But why not give the translators only access to the parts that will be translated? Just send them the .xml and thats all.

Is there a particular reason why none of the queries for translation were ever replied? If you djh_ don't want it right now, you could at least tell us and we will stop bothering you about this issue (I surely would Wink )

- AaronD - 2009-03-11

Discaciate Wrote:Not trying to be pushy, but shouldn't this part be about "testing and localization"?
Is there a particular reason why none of the queries for translation were ever replied? If you djh_ don't want it right now, you could at least tell us and we will stop bothering you about this issue (I surely would Wink )

I notice you are in the Aeon Group, so while I am not 100% sure... doesn't that mean that you are part of the beta testing group? If so, what the hell are you complaining about?? Rolleyes

And while you guys have a seperate private forum to talk about things like "testing and localisation" the rest of us left behind don't have that advantage, nor do we have anything to add since we haven't had the chance to test anything. So we can just dream and speculate!

If you haven't already, check your PM. Maybe djh is deciding which languages he wants the skin translated to by inviting them to the beta group.

AaronD Wrote:I notice you are in the Aeon Group, so while I am not 100% sure... doesn't that mean that you are part of the beta testing group? If so, what the hell are you complaining about?? Rolleyes

And while you guys have a seperate private forum to talk about things like "testing and localisation" the rest of us left behind don't have that advantage, nor do we have anything to add since we haven't had the chance to test anything. So we can just dream and speculate!

If you haven't already, check your PM. Maybe djh is deciding which languages he wants the skin translated to by inviting them to the beta group.

I wasn't in the Aeon group when I posted that message. And I wasn't complaining at all.

I'm glad to see that I'm now in the Aeon Group (and that I can access that special part of the group). I will do my best to translate it into Brazilian Portuguese.

Thx again to djh_ for selecting me to the beta.

- AaronD - 2009-03-11

I know you weren't complaining... just wish I could speak some other language apart from bloody English lol. Somehow I don't think New Zealand maori counts!?!

- asphinx - 2009-03-11

I speak Swedish, English & Finnish. And a little French when necessary, but I not translating anything either. We'll just have to bide our time.. 19 more days to go.. Wink

AaronD Wrote:I know you weren't complaining... just wish I could speak some other language apart from bloody English lol. Somehow I don't think New Zealand maori counts!?!

lol

You could also volunteer to translate it into the "Internet Slang". The imdb rating on your translation could go from "phail" to "rox".

Just kidding.

- Shaman - 2009-03-11

Discaciate Wrote:lol

You could also volunteer to translate it into the "Internet Slang". The imdb rating on your translation could go from "phail" to "rox".

Just kidding.

I also volunteer for a French localization of Aeon and its companion user documentation if that seems of any interest to you djh_. Localization is part of what I do for a living so if I can help out with anything at any point let me know. Note that I did not ask for the beta or anything Big Grin

@+,
Sha!

- IORIA - 2009-03-11

I can help with the Italian translation...

- pletopia - 2009-03-11

polish translation if you'd like

- asphinx - 2009-03-11

If there is a need for it, I can localize Aeon to Swedish. Just to offer my services. (and no, my previous post was not to volunteer for anything, I just realized I have more spare time than I think..) Smile

- Cranial - 2009-03-11

AaronD Wrote:I know you weren't complaining... just wish I could speak some other language apart from bloody English lol. Somehow I don't think New Zealand maori counts!?!

Ha, that'd be a great Aeon version.

Movies bro..
TV bro...
Music bro...