Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux (/showthread.php?tid=45314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- mwfv - 2009-03-03

freezy Wrote:@Stones: which patch are you using for streamdev?

@mwfv: sudo apt-get install libfaad-dev?

sudo apt-get install git-core yasm texi2html libtheora-dev libxvidcore4-dev libcdio-dev libvcdinfo-dev libfaad-dev

- hafeez - 2009-03-03

@Stones
I was able to compile streamdev using the latest patch (streamdev-cvs180209-vdr-1.7.4_xbmc-v4.patch.gz) but now XBMC svn 18100 is giving problems.
It compiles but when run it consumes 100% CPU and nothing happens.

Latest svn18222 is ok but the vdr patch fails on it.

- h.udo - 2009-03-03

hudo Wrote:Freezy, testing with the latest patches updated by you, I get this error:

http://pastebin.com/m1cefdbc4

Any ideias? Did you compile without errors?

Why isn't alwinus making the patches against vdr-1.7.4?

I still can´t compile patched vdr 1.7.4. Other than that, everything ok with xbmc on intrepid 64 bits. Anyone had success compiling on 64 bits? freezy? Did you gave it a try?

@hafeez, i pulled vdpau branch and updated to r18172 after. VDR patch applied cleanly with some offsets. It works quite well and stable as a rock. But I did noticed one core always at 100%.

- freezy - 2009-03-03

@hudo: sorry, 32-bit here. there seems indeed a problem with 64-bit, and i think it's because of how i made the changes to the 1.7.4 patch. you'll probably have to wait until alwin takes a look at it.

- corpetit - 2009-03-04

mwfv Wrote:
Code:
libavcodec/libfaad.c:322: Fehler: »libfaad« ist hier nicht deklariert (nicht in einer Funktion)
libavcodec/libfaad.c:329: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp
libavcodec/libfaad.c:331: Fehler: expected »,« or »;« at end of input
make: *** [libavcodec/libfaad.o] Fehler 1
Sad

where is the problem. I have a absolut clean Ubunt 8.10 with NOVA HD S2

I have same problem.

¿Any solution please? Two days ago, i compiled it, but i had another error in vpu run and begin process again.
I´m totally newby with linux

- nanite1000 - 2009-03-04

corpetit Wrote:I have same problem.
¿Any solution please? Two days ago, i compiled it, but i had another error in vpu run and begin process again.
I´m totally newby with linux

I got that problem too. To fix it dont use the svn to get the source. Download a daily source snapshot:
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-export-snapshot.tar.bz2

But now i'm stuck in xine-lib install
Code:
+ Running autopoint: cvs [init aborted]: cannot get working directory: No such file or directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot get working directory: No such file or directory
find: archive: No such file or directory
autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.16.1 not found; this is autopoint from GNU gettext-tools 0.17
autopoint: *** Stop.
done.
+ Running aclocal: done.
+ Running libtoolize: done.
+ Running autoheader: done.

Trying this on Hardy xbmc live install.

- freezy - 2009-03-04

otherwise you can also drop the xine plugin if you intend to use vdr only with xbmc. xbmc has its own ffmpeg which will be used for rendering the image.

- h.udo - 2009-03-04

nanite1000 Wrote:I got that problem too. To fix it dont use the svn to get the source. Download a daily source snapshot:

Code:
+ Running autopoint: cvs [init aborted]: cannot get working directory: No such file or directory
autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.16.1 not found; this is autopoint from GNU gettext-tools 0.17
done.

I think you're missing some dependencies/dev packages/tools. It seems something like build-essential or a package needed but not installed.

BTW, try Intrepid 32 or 64 and *then* pull svn and build. Never liked live installs... to temperamental!

Or even Jaunty... works great on my trial and error machine.

@freezy
Thanks! I'm trying to sort out the error. Will post updates if I get something useful.

- molten_universe - 2009-03-04

Hello!

When starting VDR I get the following error:

ERROR: loading plugin libvdr-streamdev-server.so.1.7.4: undefined symbol: _ZN10cIndexFile3GetEiPtPlPbPi

Everything compiled without errors. An unpatched streamdev plugin loads without problems. Any idea?

- mwfv - 2009-03-04

Hello freezy

Please make your howto (change) with fixed released Date from

like this

Code:
svn co http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/linuxport/[b] -r 17794[/b]

ffmpeg ........ 177xxx

I Like your howto very much Laugh

- corpetit - 2009-03-04

nanite1000 Wrote:I got that problem too. To fix it dont use the svn to get the source. Download a daily source snapshot:

Code:
done.

ffmpeg compile now works with this link.

Now I try to configure xine lib, but another error.

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

I need help again. Oo

Thanks

******* Solved *********

I install this packages and now i can compile xine

apt-get install libjconv2
apt-get install libiconv-ruby

Last error - corpetit - 2009-03-04

Hi again,

Finally i compile all process, but when i try "sudo runvdr" make me another error:

vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/commands.conf.'
vdr: error while reading '/etc/vdr/reccmds.conf.'

I execute xbmc and nothing happens.
Must i configure user, password, ip and port?

thanks for your help

- nanite1000 - 2009-03-05

After lots of googling, apt-gets... I got it working in this xbmc live usb stick.
Nice work on the VDR support!
At least the picture is there Wink EPG doesnt seem to update.

@corpetit
I have those vdr errors too, just some unimportant conf files missing I suppose, not needed just for this.
I put user:vdr pass:vdr ip:localhost
port is left empty.
Enable TV service : VDR

Remember to have the vdr running in the background Wink

Edit: EPG updated now, just took a while. Text seems to be in UTF-8 and öäå doesnt look right on XBMC GUI screens.

- corpetit - 2009-03-05

finally vdr is working, but only one time.

When i enter on tv screen and push any channel, says to me "channel blocked". I have hauppaueg hvr 4000

I reboot system and now xbmc don't start. Stay in wellcome black screen for long time and nothing happens

Any idea to solved this new problems?

Thanks again

- nanite1000 - 2009-03-05

I have the same problem. What linux are you using, xbmc Live install like I have? Anywaysz...
Now that I saw this working as a test I think I'll do a proper install of latest Ubuntu v8.10 to HDD and install it properly to there. I got a bit excited over this, tested with DVB-T USB device that was lying around, now ordered a DVB-C pci card to do it for real Wink

Thanx again for the guide and VDR support for XBMC.