Movie Genre - Posters (Release thread) - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Artwork packs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: Movie Genre - Posters (Release thread) (/showthread.php?tid=45361)
- ekim232 - 2009-03-13 21:42
Those look great. Thanks again for the work you are putting in on these.
- asphinx - 2009-03-13 21:51
Here's a quick removal of the texture layer. The glossy effect is actually a side-effect of the technique I use, I'll have too see how I would go about as to replicate that without textures. But at least you have some sort of comparison here.
- digitalhigh - 2009-03-13 21:57
Yes. the textured ones are dead sexy, no doubt about it. But the untextured would fit Serenity like a glove. Consider this my request for a custom set, perhaps?
- asphinx - 2009-03-13 22:17
Consider your request duly noted. Also on a sidenote, I'm hoping to get them done by next week, fingers crossed but not making any promises.
- digitalhigh - 2009-03-13 22:34
asphinx Wrote:Consider your request duly noted. Also on a sidenote, I'm hoping to get them done by next week, fingers crossed but not making any promises.
Awesome. My intended release date is early april at the latest, so that will work out nicely.
On another note, are you still working on the original set as well, or is this your primary project now?
- asphinx - 2009-03-13 22:38
If by original mean the ones that featured screens from movies then the answer is yes, I just paused them whilst making these Silhouette Posters. As soon as these are done, I'll finalize the improved version of the original ones.
- asphinx - 2009-03-17 21:41
Not to blow my own horn, but the first post has been updated. And for good reasons.
- digitalhigh - 2009-03-17 22:57
Looks AWESOME! Didn't want to threadjack, so I posted a couple of shots in the Serenity thread with the full set in action.
file should be "animation.jpg", not "animated.jpg".
Oh, and I found that the vivid ones actually look better. Crispier. Very nice work.
- asphinx - 2009-03-18 01:00
You are absolutely right, how did Animated slink through? Well, hopefully you can oversight with it for now (and rename it yourself).. I'll see if if I have time to change and update the Packs this weekend. With any luck I might be able to squeeze in the root folders as well.
- Ravenscar - 2009-03-18 15:23
Thank you, really great thumbs, I love all of them! I have organized all my movies into genres, and it looks awesome with your thumbs, amazing eye candy !!!
However could you make some extra/alternative thumbs:
1. MARTIAL ARTS, where is the Asian love, lol
2. Medieval/Ancient world looking thumb for History genre, maybe crossed swords with a helmet,
3. A nuclear explosion for Apocalypse/Disaster genre, mushroom cloud or bio hazard sign would be great.
4. Big skull for Horror genre, I would love that instead of the reaper.
5. Could you add a bat (and moon) to the Supernatural to include some vampire love?
6. Harry Potter logo, big movie serie, btw make one for Star Wars too maybe TV Shows could be next.
7. A keyhole for Mystery would be nice, like on 1408 poster.
8. and last but not least, could you make a thumb for GNOMON, with their logo. I've got a large collection of GNOMON movies.
And I would like to see some colored versions, instead of gray. Like a green Nature, red Adult, brown History.
Just some ideas, many many thanks in advance!
BTW, the Vivid ones look best, so my request is for that style.