Kodi Community Forum
XBMC nfoScrape - Movie NFO Scraper (GPL open source C#/.NET/Mono) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC nfoScrape - Movie NFO Scraper (GPL open source C#/.NET/Mono) (/showthread.php?tid=45714)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- hal2100 - 2009-03-12

Great idea.
Could you implement a "silent" mode without GUI?
This combined with tv show scraping is the ideal app to silently update a tv show after adding a new episode.
Because there seems to be some scraping issues with XBMC if a episode has no nfo like the rest of the episodes.

- euphoric - 2009-03-12

hal2100 Wrote:Great idea.
Could you implement a "silent" mode without GUI?
This combined with tv show scraping is the ideal app to silently update a tv show after adding a new episode.
Because there seems to be some scraping issues with XBMC if a episode has no nfo like the rest of the episodes.

The plan was to have it running in the background with a monitor for file system changes... then it would automatically update a show when it's added to the file system.

- euphoric - 2009-03-12

Mart! Wrote:I created an application myself that looks just like your main screen, to scan for nfo, tbn, srt and fanart in my movie directories. But it does not scrape anything, I use Media Companion for that.

So this looks like the best of both worlds. I really like the simple interface, I find most of the other apps horrible to look at...

Will definitely check this out. Would be nice if you could check for sub's too, so if one or more are available, this is displayed.

Will have a look at the code too if you publish it, since I am a C# developer...

I've been short on time lately, so if you want to contribute, let me know Smile

I could use a C# .net dev Smile

- hal2100 - 2009-03-12

euphoric Wrote:The plan was to have it running in the background with a monitor for file system changes... then it would automatically update a show when it's added to the file system.

I need it for Linux, so running it within a skript would be perfect.
Only Windows needs some kind of anoying background processes.

This message has been sent from a windows box. Wink

- Livin - 2009-03-13

Would like to see a portable version. Installers are old school Smile

- euphoric - 2009-03-13

Livin Wrote:Would like to see a portable version. Installers are old school Smile

There are no installers...

- Livin - 2009-03-13

DOH... I clicked on the wrong thread, sorry.

- mason - 2009-03-25

pretty quiet around this little gem ... you still planing on continiue the development euphoric ?

- roeroe - 2009-03-30

krypt2nite Wrote:Good point about people keeping all their movies in one folder.

For my personal needs its better because I have 1800+ movies in my collection. Each one has fanart (if available) a NFO and a TBN. If I have to replace a movie with a better quality one or make changes it's easier for me to have uniformity across the board. It's also an extremely better solution for stacked movies.

Movie.cd1.avi and Movie.cd2.avi

In the big scheme of things and for someone who has such a large collection and likes to have everything perfect and uniform, the new methods are vastly superior.

However I forgot someone people like to keep everything in one folder. Extremely unorganized, but hey to each his own.

How do you get XBMC to recognize a movie folder is just a file
and play it without clicking an extra click to drill down the folder?
say I have a folder

ABC (2008) and in that folder there is

ABC (2008).avi
ABC (2008).nfo
ABC (2008).tbn
ABC (2008).srt

Can XBMC play ABC (2008).avi from ABC (2008) top folder instead of click to go inside ABC (2008) folder and select ABC (2008).avi?

Also XBMC doesnt seem to use local nfo file with stuff inside the folders

- spiff - 2009-03-30

press play on the folder.

and it sure use those nfo's.

- Ayla - 2009-03-30

There seems to be a problem with movies with 2 files.

For example: movie-cd1 and movie-cd2 in the folder.

It get's picked up twice by the app.

Do you have to delete all the duplicates yourself after the auto scan?

PS. Also, a preview of the poster would be really nice, just so you know that it found and scraped the correct movie on IMDB.
There's no way to check for that right now, right (without manually browsing the movie folders and checking the posters)?

Thanks for a very nice and simple scraper app :-)
/Martin

- PorkPie5000 - 2009-03-31

Hey Euphoric. I'm a C# dev. I'd be happy to pitch in on this app.

Let me know!
Steve

- euphoric - 2009-03-31

PorkPie5000 Wrote:Hey Euphoric. I'm a C# dev. I'd be happy to pitch in on this app.

Let me know!
Steve

That would be very nice Smile

I have some issues in my personal life I have to take care of before continuing the development here...

The source is here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcnfoscrape/

Thanks Smile

- diemos - 2009-04-04

this program is amazing, its very incredibly light, convenient and quick. Please someone take over on the development, it has huge potential. Good luck with your real life problems, thanks for the Program.

cd-1 and cd-2 is duplicate. also for some reason it doesn't do recursive scanning, like if I have /movie/cd-1/ it wont get it in addition it would be great to add support for Tv Shows, please continue this.

- Radikaltimes - 2009-04-04

i got this to work properly... and love it!!! aeon stark now have all the flags that needs Smile