some general settings questions about Horizonz IV - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: some general settings questions about Horizonz IV (/showthread.php?tid=46041)
some general settings questions about Horizonz IV - THX-UltraII - 2009-02-25 17:09
I ve just installed the Horizonz IV skin and I m coming from MediaStream so the skin settings are all new for me. Can someone explain to me some things? My English is not so good and I don t know what those settings do and what is best to pick?
Which viewtype do most of you guys use? I took a quick look and like Showcase and Info so far.
In the Horizonz option the are 2 settings that can be enabled and disabled in the Home Screen settings:
- Full Screen media backdrop. <= what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
- Vignette Visual Effect <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
In the Horizonz option there are also 2 settings that can be enabled and disabled in the System settings:
- Vignette Visual Effect (For wall, showcase and info views) <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
- Light Crest Special Effects <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
And last there is the Textures setting:
- Contextual fanart in movies and TV show sections <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?
that s it for now!
- THX-UltraII - 2009-02-27 14:58
@mod: plxz close topic. Posted it in the Horizonz Sticky hoping for reaction over there.
- Cranial - 2009-02-27 21:34
THX-UltraII Wrote:Guys,I usually use Info, but it's just down to personal preference really. Plus whether you use file or library mode.
Quote:2.NFI to be honest, just give it a go and see what happens.
Quote:- Vignette Visual Effect <=what is this for? Best to turn on or off?It does this: Vignette
Quote:3.Depends on the system you're running the skin on. Personal preference again.
Quote:4.Turn on. If you are using Library mode, have your media named according to conventions, and have an internet connection (which is likely, due to this post).