Kodi Community Forum
How to alter grey layer? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: How to alter grey layer? (/showthread.php?tid=46180)

Pages: 1 2

How to alter grey layer? - frater - 2009-02-28

In the Horizonz skin there's a grey layer at the bottom 1/3 part I wish to make much less opaque. It's obfucating the fanart too much really.

Especially when it starts to show the movie details with nothing in it (Showcase / File mode).

I would also like to make the white layer less opaque. The one which functions as a backdrop for the title of the movie. Maybe even making it a itsy bit yellow to make it look like a stage light, although I don't know how that will turn out. Maybe just make it less opaque.

I wouldn't mind doing it myself but I somehow couldn't find enough info.

- paul - 2009-02-28

all you have to do is extract the textures with XPRExpress.
Then find and edit the .png your after i think most likely it will be one of the showcasefilters
Just remember to resave the file as 32bit otherwise you will lose all transparancy.
then repack all textures using XPRExpress

- frater - 2009-02-28

I downloaded and installed XPRexpress v1.01 and it says the file textures.xpr is protected.
It's the textures.xpr from your Horizonz IV Lite.
I'm sure it's showcasefilter4.png and showcasefilter2.png

I thought it was all quite open as you were able to mod it as well...

- frater - 2009-02-28

The original Horizonz.IV was not protected, but I prefer your mod.
I just modified the original Horizonz.IV and I can really recommend the modification. I did a 80% transparency on both layers which is a big improvement as I can now see more of the fanart.

Could you post an unprotected XPR of your mod?
I guess you didn't do it on purpose as "protected" is default.

- paul - 2009-03-01

frater Wrote:The original Horizonz.IV was not protected, but I prefer your mod.
I just modified the original Horizonz.IV and I can really recommend the modification. I did a 80% transparency on both layers which is a big improvement as I can now see more of the fanart.

Could you post an unprotected XPR of your mod?
I guess you didn't do it on purpose as you "protected" is default.
Yeh i will upload a unprotected one for ya asap will pm you a link to it when it's up
I had not realised it was protected sorry for that must have forgot to click no protect Doh

- frater - 2009-03-01

Thanks, looking forward to it.
BTW Do you think you are doing it yourself on your own skin?

- paul - 2009-03-01

if your refering to the showcase panel then no i am leaving it as it is.
Ps have pm you with a link for the textures you asked forWink

- frater - 2009-03-01

Thank you very much and did the patch and totally satisfied.
I don't really understand why others don't like my preferred view, but it feels good to know that tastes differ or we would all fall in love with the same girl Wink

I Can't seem to find the bottom layer which is functioning as a backdrop for the title of the movie.

Thanks!

- paul - 2009-03-01

It's episodehighlight.png it's used for both tv shows and films

- urizen - 2009-03-25

i came to these forums looking for exactly that kind of change. that layer is buggin me big time also. i understand the how-to has been posted, but since i'm rather noobish at these things and don't know how to alter opacity, would you mind sharing your changed files? if so, please include short instructions on what and where to replace. thanks in advance.

on another note, am i just blind or is there no 'send pm' option on the user info page? geez, i feel dumb....

- paul - 2009-03-25

urizen Wrote:i came to these forums looking for exactly that kind of change. that layer is buggin me big time also. i understand the how-to has been posted, but since i'm rather noobish at these things and don't know how to alter opacity, would you mind sharing your changed files? if so, please include short instructions on what and where to replace. thanks in advance.

on another note, am i just blind or is there no 'send pm' option on the user info page? geez, i feel dumb....
I you let me know what you want to alter i can do them for you and send you a link to either the altered files or as a replacement textures.xpr also what are using it on?

- frater - 2009-03-25

Hi Paul....

Are you posting a "fixed" textures.xpr?
I think an 85% opacity does the trick...
Couldn't you just do it in the mainstream one?
Maybe not everyone really wants it, but I don't think anyone has any objections...
It shows more of your fanart whilst keeping it to the background....

Someone else already made fixed xml's for the files view. Are you in the possesision of these files?
I would really like to see some new fixups, especially for the files view.

- paul - 2009-03-26

frater Wrote:Hi Paul....

Are you posting a "fixed" textures.xpr?
I think an 85% opacity does the trick...
Couldn't you just do it in the mainstream one?
Maybe not everyone really wants it, but I don't think anyone has any objections...
It shows more of your fanart whilst keeping it to the background....

Someone else already made fixed xml's for the files view. Are you in the possesision of these files?
I would really like to see some new fixups, especially for the files view.

If you want the fixes that were done by rocky5 then they are included in my xbox light version download it through my signature. I have also done a new textures pack with the transparancy reduced by about 20% on the showcase and info panels. the pack is not file locked just incase you don't like the 2 bacdrops i have used in it.
See what you think download it here http://www.mediafire.com/?nct3zfqrphb

- urizen - 2009-03-26

paul Wrote:I you let me know what you want to alter i can do them for you and send you a link to either the altered files or as a replacement textures.xpr also what are using it on?
thanks, much appreciated. i would like that grey/white layer used in showcase view (showcasefilter.png) on the bottom half of the screen to be less dominant. take this screenshot with black fanart in the background, for example:

whereas this still looks somewhat smooth on my imac, the transition is a less pretty on my tv screen. less opacity seems to be the solution, i guess. although it would also already be much better in my eyes, if the transition line (the height at which it becomes fully transparent) would be a little lower, so that the cover art and the dark grey info box hide most of it.

i just downloaded the textures linked by you and it does exactly that. so far, so good. problem is that i now get some weird graphics errors. in fact, it's pretty much the same error i got yesterday when i tried to alter opacity on the file myself. i was certain that i messed up cuz i lack a true understanding of what i was doing, but now that i get the same result with your files (actually even worse here) i'm starting to think it's related to me using osx and plex... that doesn't seem to make much sense either though, since the default aeon and horizonz skins work just fine. but as soon as i change that file i always get those weird black bars on the top, although the changed png image is perfectly transparent (just as before) in that area....

- paul - 2009-03-26

urizen Wrote:thanks, much appreciated. i would like that grey/white layer used in showcase view (showcasefilter.png) on the bottom half of the screen to be less dominant. take this screenshot with black fanart in the background, for example:

whereas this still looks somewhat smooth on my imac, the transition is a less pretty on my tv screen. less opacity seems to be the solution, i guess. although it would also already be much better in my eyes, if the transition line (the height at which it becomes fully transparent) would be a little lower, so that the cover art and the dark grey info box hide most of it.

i just downloaded the textures linked by you and it does exactly that. so far, so good. problem is that i now get some weird graphics errors. in fact, it's pretty much the same error i got yesterday when i tried to alter opacity on the file myself. i was certain that i messed up cuz i lack a true understanding of what i was doing, but now that i get the same result with your files (actually even worse here) i'm starting to think it's related to me using osx and plex... that doesn't seem to make much sense either though, since the default aeon and horizonz skins work just fine. but as soon as i change that file i always get those weird black bars on the top, although the changed png image is perfectly transparent (just as before) in that area....

I will have a mess around with showcasefilter2 later today and upload a small theme.xpr for you to test out? The faults you describe or not your fault or down to you using mac / plex it's caused by over compression of the files in my oppinion. what are you using to compress / uncompress .xpr files. I will get around to creatingjust a folder of textures and just zip them up for upload then you can pack / replace whatever is still corrupt.

Have a look at these screenshots of what i have done so far have reduced the hight and transparancy of the showcasefilters and i think it looks pretty good used on
both my pc and xbox http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mmtf4lf2zrz&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=nyuwmgmijzb&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=3okac3zym1b&thumb=5

See what you think?