Kodi Community Forum
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: .CDG Karaoke-files support for music (/showthread.php?tid=4654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Hullebulle - 2004-12-23

i know he said, but that doesn't mean there is support. :p

maybe read the next posts too Wink

(stcogoli @ nov. 12 2004,15:32 Wrote:then i guess samsung drives can read cd+g discs cause cd-text is stored in the same subchannels as cd+g. will look into it but it will be hard to implement for me cause i don't have a samsung.

- xb0xb0y - 2004-12-23

no ... gamester17 says cdtext is supported, and the samsung is the only xbox drive that supports cdtext. what you quoted is support for cdg discs, which has not been implemented, and hence not supported. two different things using the same subchannels on a disc, at least that's what there discussion leads us to believe.

when i burn cds for my car stereo, i use cdtext to label things such as album name, song title and song artist so that i can display this info.

- despatch_uk - 2004-12-24

(despatch_uk @ dec. 22 2004,21:47 Wrote:any update on getting a mic to work on this just ordered a new xbox music mixer mic and then realised it may not be supported

damn i should buy anything on amazon after so many jd and cokes
anyone able to answer if this mic is supported

- Nickman - 2004-12-24

(despatch_uk @ dec. 24 2004,09:09 Wrote:
(despatch_uk @ dec. 22 2004,21:47 Wrote:any update on getting a mic to work on this just ordered a new xbox music mixer mic and then realised it may not be supported

damn i should buy anything on amazon after so many jd and cokes
anyone able to answer if this mic is supported
no not yet.

- Daborg69 - 2004-12-27

started looking into mic development. compiled a couple of the xdk sample programs - simplevoice, speechrecognition, and voiceloopback, but i could not get any of them to pick up the sound from the microphone (not the xbox live communicator, but the mic that comes with karaoke revolution). checked the api docs and did not see anything there. i know that mic work was planned to start some time ago, but have seen nothing yet. does anyone who was working on this have anything at all to jump start me on this? small sample code, etc? seems the mic is identified as something other than the communicator device.

- grenex - 2004-12-31

yes....to see mic or communicator support would be a great thing! anyone have an idea when this might happen?

great work btw! :thumbsup:

- stcogoli - 2005-01-01

i had started working on mic but have not tested anything yet. i don't have much time these days but i do plan to finish this when i get the time.

daborg69, in the lowlevel voice chat sample, there is a cvoicemanager class. most voice samples use this class internally and it is responsible for detecting the insertion of communicators. check the function cvoicemanager::checkdevicechanges(). you will see this
Quote: // if both microphone and headphone are present, and
// we didn't have a communicator here last frame, and
// the communicator is enabled, then register the insertion
if( ( m_dwmicrophonestate         & ( 1 << i ) ) &&
( m_dwheadphonestate          & ( 1 << i ) ) &&
!( m_dwconnectedcommunicators & ( 1 << i ) ) &&
( m_dwenabled                 & ( 1 << i ) ) )
{
oncommunicatorinserted( i );
}
so by default, registering a voice device only occurs if both the mike and headphones are present. try and change this piece of code so that the program also registers a mike object when no headphones are detected.

- Kilokahn - 2005-01-04

i did some cd+g tests for the karaoke and the graphics need to be tweaked -0.30sec to allow for exact translation of cd+gs.

hope this helps.

chris

- xb0xb0y - 2005-01-07

i was testing it a few days ago and i too had to tweak it. i think i put in -0.5. or maybe it was -0.3 like kilokahn

also to hullebulle ... i tried one of my cd-text cds and it in fact did show all the artist/track info i had encoded!!! *sweet* :thumbsup:

- xb0xb0y - 2005-01-11

okay here's another problem i found ... dunno if it's considered a "bug" or just a "limitation".

if you pause, fast forward or rewind the music, the cd-g keeps running as normal. it becomes completely out of sync with the music!!! Sad

that kind of sux if you have to pause the song for any reason, want to skip certain parts of the song, or re-start singing from a certain location.

- Fluffster - 2005-01-14

i opened a bug report on the cvs about the default offset before reading this kilokahn. i had suggested -20. how about -25 lol =]

- supersexy - 2005-01-31

i love this karaoke addition! just curious how the mic imput is going?

- stcogoli - 2005-02-01

the status on voice is this: i was able to mix the output from a xblive communicator with mplayer but there are a lot of issues. for one, the voice output only kicks in when the visualisation window is displayed and i have no idea why it doesn't output otherwise. second, if i stop the song, then i can't get the sound output back up again. i think this is an issue with the shutdown of cvoicemanager that is also present with the kai voice chat engine, which basically never shuts down. third, i got the music mixer mike to be detected and output sound but after a few seconds, it shuts down with an xid debug message stating that the usb device has become non-responsive. (this only happens with the mmixer mike). fourth, i can't get the voice output to work with voice masks, it crashes miserably when i try to encode.

all in all, my feeling is that xbmc was at first designed with a sole output for dsound : mplayer. now that there is a voice chat engine and a karaoke engine, these seem to be in conflict. i feel it would be a good idea to create a global sound context just like for video and to better manage access and shutdown to the dsound object. i'll continue looking into it...

- Gamester17 - 2005-02-01

(stcogoli @ feb. 01 2005,00:26 Wrote:the status on voice is this: i was able to mix the output from a xblive communicator with mplayer but there are a lot of issues. for one, the voice output only kicks in when the visualisation window is displayed and i have no idea why it doesn't output otherwise. second, if i stop the song, then i can't get the sound output back up again. i think this is an  issue with the shutdown of cvoicemanager that is also present with the kai voice chat engine, which basically never shuts down. third, i got the music mixer mike to be detected and output sound but after a few seconds, it shuts down with an xid debug message stating that the usb device has become non-responsive. (this only happens with the mmixer mike). fourth, i can't get the voice output to work with voice masks, it crashes miserably when i try to encode.

all in all, my feeling is that xbmc was at first designed with a sole output for dsound : mplayer. now that there is a voice chat engine and  a karaoke engine, these seem to be in conflict. i feel it would be a good idea to create a global sound context just like for video and to better manage access and shutdown to the dsound object. i'll continue looking into it...
suggest you share your existing source code publicly and maybe (hopefully) other devs will look at it and be able to help you out with those mentioned issues :idea:

- stcogoli - 2005-02-01

ok, i was able to fix two issues: it now works as it should when the visualisation screen is absent and i got voice masks to work, although i was a bit disappointed with these because of the lag the encoder introduces, you have to sing a bit ahead of time and the voice isn't as responsive as it should be. anyway, maybe this can be bettered and if you no like, you can set the voice mask to "none" and the output becomes much more responsive. so the two issues i need help with are

1.) the voice manager doesn't shutdown/reinit properly so if you stop the song, you can't get the sound output back up again and so you may experience some crashes when stopping/starting playback. i think this is also a bug that is present with the kai voice manager.

2.) it doesn't work with the music mixer mike for more than a few secs.

the patch is now on sf.net.