Kodi Community Forum
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: .CDG Karaoke-files support for music (/showthread.php?tid=4654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Rikochet - 2005-02-10

madcatz already offer a standalone mic and adapter with no software for 10 buxs. i bought 2 :lol:

- erpi99 - 2005-02-10

where did you find them? online?

- Rikochet - 2005-02-10

i bought the mic at electronic boutique here in canada. it was marked down which helped...

- billygatez - 2005-02-10

apologies for being dense, but...

if i have karaoke going no problem, with the words displaying properly, and i have the music mixer mic plugged into the controller, and when using music mixer itself i get volume from the mic, how do i get the mic to work while in xbmc?

do i need to configure something the in settings panels, or do i need to apply the newest non-compiled, untested patch? that's a little beyond my skill level right now, so i'm hoping changing the the settings will work.

thx

- Gamester17 - 2005-02-10

(billygatez @ feb. 10 2005,03:43 Wrote:do i need to apply the newest non-compiled, untested patch?
yes you must => http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840 (that has been explained already in previous posts)

- stcogoli - 2005-02-10

just uploaded a new patch.
-much of the code has been reshuffled to get rid of useless xdk sample remnants and to allocate/deallocate voice resources only on device insertion/removal.
-when the mmixer mike is used and no voice mask is selected, the sampling is hifi (48 khz) instead of 8khz. this dramatically improves the quality (i couldn't get this to work with the communicator, it only supports 8 khz).
Quote:the xbox has a pretty powerfull audio dsp which we do not yet take advantage of, be great if it could be used for this as that would mean zero cpu usage for effects
yes it's interesting but would be much harder to code voice masks in dsp hardware then use the existing xdk implementation. maybe in a distant future.

- lion2 - 2005-02-11

i'm trying to compile your patch but i get this error

xbmc\guisettings.cpp(370) : error c2065: 'render_pixel_shader' : undeclared identifier
xbmc\guisettings.cpp(370) : error c3861: 'render_pixel_shader': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup

i downloaded the latest cvs source and i didnt see any mention of "render_pixel_shader' on its guisettings.cpp file.

any ideas?

- stcogoli - 2005-02-11

@lion2: the patch was not up to date. redownload it and it should work.

- billygatez - 2005-02-11

thanks for the patch, i hope to be wakin up the nieghbours soon.

i downloaded the patch tonight, unrarred it, and copied the contents into my xbmc folder. but when i load up xbmc, there's no mic settings within settings-->my music.

is copying the files into the xbmc folder all i need to do? or do i have to recompile the patch with the latest xbmc build?

- Nickman - 2005-02-11

(billygatez @ feb. 11 2005,06:42 Wrote:thanks for the patch, i hope to be wakin up the nieghbours soon.

i downloaded the patch tonight, unrarred it, and copied the contents into my xbmc folder.  but when i load up xbmc, there's no mic settings within settings-->my music.

is copying the files into the xbmc folder all i need to do?  or do i have to recompile the patch with the latest xbmc build?
ofcource you need to compile xbmc after you aplied the patch.

- lion2 - 2005-02-11

(stcogoli @ feb. 10 2005,23:09 Wrote:@lion2: the patch was not up to date. redownload it and it should work.
thanks! works fine now and i must say you did an excellent job! are there any plans to turn on the voice ouput right when it's enabled instead of when a song starts?

- Nickman - 2005-02-11

tried the newest patch. i only have a headset but it's quite funny :d

great work.

- lion2 - 2005-02-11

(nickman @ feb. 11 2005,16:22 Wrote:tried the newest patch. i only have a headset but it's quite funny :d

great work.
oh yes! quite funny indeed. i started making prank phonecalls to friends with the voice masks. :lol:

- Nickman - 2005-02-11

(lion2 @ feb. 11 2005,22:21 Wrote:
(nickman @ feb. 11 2005,16:22 Wrote:tried the newest patch. i only have a headset but it's quite funny :d

great work.
oh yes! quite funny indeed.  i started making prank phonecalls to friends with the voice masks. :lol:
:lol: and i bugged my girlfriend. kept saying hello with a child voice. great fun.

and if the lag can get better i could even see my self singing karaoke at a party in the future. ofcourse with a child voice or cartoon :thumbsup:

- MrT - 2005-02-15

iv been following this thread since it started, but i can not rember anyone repporting the following weird thing:

the text dos'nt fit the screen. am i the only one with this "bug"?