Kodi Community Forum
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: .CDG Karaoke-files support for music (/showthread.php?tid=4654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Nickman - 2005-02-23

(rikochet @ feb. 23 2005,19:51 Wrote:i apologize if i came off to be bugging.  however i am a beginner to visual studio and my kids really enjoy this karaoke plugin.  i as well have spent quite a few hours playing with the cvs and building new versions of xbmc from the latest source.  i had just hoped it was an easy process to add this karaoke patch into the cvs and someone could let me know in a few steps how to do it...

anyways thanx for the help so far in this thread, thanx to the developers of xbmc for an awesome media interface, and thanx to stcogoli for the time put into this patch so far.

again i didnt mean to be asking for help from developers i meant for other users that have added this patch to the cvs themselves if they didnt mind to let me know the steps to do it.   Smile
from the looks of it it's being integrated in the cvs as we speak. wait a day or two.

Quote:date: 2005-02-21 12:53
sender: forza
logged in: yes
user_id=948380

i have a headset so i'll pick this up.

- black88mx6 - 2005-02-27

checking on the current status.

- sparkfarmer - 2005-03-02

i would realy like to get this to work. but it seems that too much of the csv has changed in the past week or so. any chance of an update to the patch. tia...

- Rikochet - 2005-03-02

anyone getting this patch to work with the current cvs? i guess we need an update...

- Nickman - 2005-03-02

(rikochet @ mar. 02 2005,20:50 Wrote:anyone getting this patch to work with the current cvs?  i guess we need an update...
if applied correctly it works. i have it working here. but i'm affraid i can't give you a simple howto on how to include it yourself. i do have some c++ experiense. but it wasn't so hard to include. just check what is changed in the files that needs a merge after you included the patch. the places that needs to be edited is marked in these files.

look for <<<<<<< and ========.

if it isn't in the cvs by the weekend i'll try to do a easy step by step guide. but that will only work until some other change comes along.

- Rikochet - 2005-03-03

ok i got the karaoke patch working with the latest cvs...

i used the program winmerge and i opened each file from the karaoke patch and compared it to the corresponding file from the cvs. i went through each diffrence and if it applied i merged it. i then compiled and everything worked fine.

use google to search for winmerge...

- Nickman - 2005-03-03

(rikochet @ mar. 03 2005,17:54 Wrote:ok i got the karaoke patch working with the latest cvs...

i used the program winmerge and i opened each file from the karaoke patch and compared it to the corresponding file from the cvs.  i went through each diffrence and if it applied i merged it.  i then compiled and everything worked fine.

use google to search for winmerge...
good to hear you got it to work Smile

i used notpad to do the merge myself. :nuts:

- Kjetil N - 2005-03-05

hey

i've just gotten a mic and wanna have the support in xbmc
i have the tools needed for doing the compilation of the code but dont know hot to apply the patch to the code. can't find the same files in the cvs that i find in the patch i downloaded.

i'm not asking for a tutorial ore anything only some hints to help me get started...

- Kjetil N - 2005-03-06

applyed the patch and compiled it succesfully.
worked for a while but then the keypads stoped working..
where have i done something wrong?

- knownasmichael - 2005-03-07

how in the world do you compile this voice thingHuh i already applied the patch but i cant seem to figure out how to compile. i got winmerge.....what files do i merge togetherHuh

- Kjetil N - 2005-03-07

get the new cvs the patch has been added :thumbsup:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xbmc/xbmc/changelog.txt

- lion2 - 2005-03-07

great! even though i've had the patch running on my xbox for a while, it's good to not have 2 different installatoins of xbmc in my xbox.

- DreamWeb - 2005-03-10

wow! this is really coming along! thank you!

a couple of things though.

1) the lag, if it could be reduced, it would add a lot (i know this has been mentioned already)

2) the voices are nice.. but, what would really be useful is a reverb setting, and maybe even an eq. i know that may be getting ahead of things.. but, especially the reverb.. that would add a lot!

3) the ability to record your 'performance'. is this in there already? i couldn't get it to work.

thank you!

- thechitowncubs - 2005-03-11

i am wondering where i can obtain any cdg files to test this out, this is one of the only things on xbmc i haven't had the chance to use, it would be great if i could get ahold of one of these.

- dherman - 2005-03-11

i installed the latest binary off the ftp server and when trying to use a directory of cdg/mp3s off a smb share, it won't detect the cdgs...

pls advise
dave