Kodi Community Forum
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: .CDG Karaoke-files support for music (/showthread.php?tid=4654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- spychaser - 2005-06-27

i was able to determin that the mic works just fine with the video mode so we could play movie-oke but not the karaoke....any suggestions? again works great when watching a movie.

- Bendra - 2005-06-30

even without delay and loud enough?

another questen: has somebody already sent a mic to the developers? any news?

bendra

- jmarshall - 2005-06-30

i've been contacted by one individual a few weeks ago who now has my postal address. i have yet to receive anything.

- robrob - 2005-07-05

my fault here, got buried and have not done it. i will do my best to get it out this week.

- robrob - 2005-07-13

on its way, left today from texas should be there in a week or so.

- Bendra - 2005-07-15

big thx from my side!

bendra

- XBLgamertag - 2005-07-15

i have a build from april (i think) that works perfect with the madkatz mic.

recent builds suffer from all the problems you have mentioned...

also, when playing a track from a directory - as it goes onto the next track the audio is fine but the cdg part stalls. it works ok if you skip tracks.

could it be an mplayer v paplayer issue - or am i way off tracks there ?

i'll stick to using my recent build for everything except karaoke, simple to switch to the old version for that Wink

- jmarshall - 2005-07-19

ok, received the mic today - many thanks to robrob!

it now works fine in both paplayer and mplayer. no issues with skipping track etc, and i've reduce the delay to the minimum possible.

i would like a decent summary of the issues you were having (excluding issues such as "it doesn't work" as this has been fixed).

cheers,
jonathan

- Bendra - 2005-07-20

thank you for the update, i will test the fixed version asap!

some points:

- what is about the mic volume? is it possible to increase it?

- any chance to implement the possibility to record the karaoke song and the voice, like you can record radio streams?

bendra

- jmarshall - 2005-07-20

volume is max without clipping. not sure if i can boost over clipping or not - have to examine the code.

also, not sure if recording is possible. it will depend on whether the callbacks we use contain the mic info as well as the music. i suspect they don't.

furthermore, it'd be possibly quite tricky to get it right.

- black88mx6 - 2005-07-21

noticed that i can't turn off visualizations (set to none) and still have the cd+g portion continue to display, even though they are supposed to be separated now. is this possible?

- XBLgamertag - 2005-07-21

yes, leave the visualisations on whatevever setting you like and in the karaoke settings change the background transparancy from 0 to 255 - should do the trick Wink

- black88mx6 - 2005-07-21

this works for the middle of the screen but the edges (even properly set) still will show the vis.

- ArnieNFW - 2005-07-24

just recently changed from a early '05 build to a build from yesterday and was extremely worried that i didnt get the cdg player working. glad i read this post. . .it does work now.
i have been scanning this post (read about 60%), but cant find this issue.
i have xbmc set on widescreen. but the cdg player displays the graphics for a large part outside my tv screen (about one lyrics-line). only when i put it to 4:3, i can see it all. am i the only one?
is it possible to let it display in a smaller area?
last but not least: thanx for all your effort to support this!!

- DreamWeb - 2005-07-26

wow! this is much improved!

thanks to the developers.. and the donation of the mic!

one question.. is there any chance we might eventually see some kind of reverb addition? i think that would pretty much make it complete.

d.