Kodi Community Forum
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: .CDG Karaoke-files support for music (/showthread.php?tid=4654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Gamester17 - 2004-09-08

i would imagine that the library/driver/code for the communicator-headset is included in the latest xdk(?), suggest check it's manual.
(since newer xbox-live! games come with comminicator-voice support logic dictate it's supported by the xdk, (same as music mixer))

- stcogoli - 2004-09-09

Quote:the visulisation screen is black for all my mp3's with cdg and with out
the mp3 are on the hdd
i have no idea what could be causing this but i am rewriting the code and will post a new patch soon. maybe that'll fix your problem.
Quote: would imagine that the library/driver/code for the communicator-headset is included in the latest xdk(?), suggest check it's manual.
it is. there is a lowlevel voice chat sample which would only need to be slightly hacked (remove compression etc...) but i need a communicator to test and still haven't received it one month past the auction closing! :veryangry:

- Gamester17 - 2004-09-09

@stcogoli, do you have an retail copy of "xbox music mixer" with the microphone (from microsoft)?, ...if not then i suggest that you post your paypal account here in this thread and let the karaoke fans donate to you so you can get one, ...or two Wink

- stcogoli - 2004-09-09

ok, if anybody wants to help, you can donate to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] using paypal. i will check regularly and will post here as soon as i get enough for the music mixer mike and a xblive headset for testing.
thanks.

- Gamester17 - 2004-09-09

(stcogoli @ sep. 09 2004,15:10 Wrote:ok, if anybody wants to help, you can donate to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] using paypal. i will check regularly and will post here as soon as i get enough for the music mixer mike and a xblive headset for testing.
thanks.
cool ...i suggest you also post a more detailed request in the xbox-scene.com's forums Wink ps! use this link too => Image

here is the forum format you need to use for it:
Quote:[url=https://www.paypal.com/xclick/[email protected]&no_shipping=1&item_name=karaoke+donation][img]http://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but7.gif[/img][/url]

- Hullebulle - 2004-09-09

hmm you should add that ppl can send a mic/headset too. maybe someone has a bunch of em or just don't use it. Smile

- stcogoli - 2004-09-09

seems xbox-scene doesn't allow posting of donation requests anymore...

- stcogoli - 2004-09-20

update : i have added a few features.
1.) no more xml file, the settings are adjusted from the gui
2.) it's not a visualisation anymore but an overlay for other vises. so if you enable cd+g in the settings, the cdg display is overlayed on top of the current vis.
3.) you can set alpha values for the cdg background and foreground, i.e. setting background alpha =0 and foreground alpha = 255 only overlays the lyrics and lets the current vis act as the background.

only one bug : sometimes the cdg display doesn't kick in and i have no idea why. will try to fix this before releasing but i will be gone for three weeks so the next update might take some time.

- Gamester17 - 2004-09-20

great progress :kickass: ...btw, did you recieve any donations as of yet?, enough to buy a xbox-microphone/headset or two? :d

- black88mx6 - 2004-09-20

stcogoli,

sounds like a great update; i have been having zero problems with the last release.

- stcogoli - 2004-09-20

Quote:great progress ...btw, did you recieve any donations as of yet?, enough to buy a xbox-microphone/headset or two?
i have received a grand total of 0$ so i think i'll be keeping my day job. :lol: as for the mic i ordered from ebay, i never got it and the sender's email is no longer valid.

- black88mx6 - 2004-09-21

well, you have at least 1 donation now; enough to get the mic.

- stcogoli - 2004-09-21

thanks to black88mx6 and to zhoujianfu, i will soon be in possession of both a mmixer and an xblive mic! :kickass: however, i probly won't be able to start working on voice until at least mid-october. will post progress.

- black88mx6 - 2004-10-01

just a note; something has happened in the 9/25+ cvs that has forced me to change the xkaraoke.xml timing to get the music and words to play in sync. my sync is currently at 0, and that works, but the auto-start of the next song is now off.

- jmarshall - 2004-10-01

yes, the visz sync was fixed in 25-09.

this means that any visz's that were already in sync via alternative means need updating.

stcogoli: if you could do up a quick hack (or show me what to change and where to change it) to get the sync back working, let me know).

note that visz's now should be in sync - ie the frequency/audio data they get is now in sync with the audio - before it was delayed by however many buffers the visz had asked for (which meant for most visz's that function based on the audio data, they could never be in time unless they predicted the future :p ).