Kodi Community Forum
A New Skin Concept - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: A New Skin Concept (/showthread.php?tid=46946)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- fr500 - 2011-01-30

MaDDoGo Wrote:What have you coded? I'm going to test it Tongue

Only the home page and only the nowplaying for videos. Got pissed while trying to do the animations, etc.

- MaDDoGo - 2011-01-31

I can't see anything :S

- fr500 - 2011-01-31

How nothing? nothing at all or just stock shade? You need to go to skin settings and select alternate home menu

- Dvorac - 2011-01-31

Sorry for the late response fr500, but I didn't even bother to work on animations yet, as I was just going to try and do a few views really quick. I figured working out which animations to use is another job in itself and something I didn't want to really dive into as of now.

I took a look at yours and it looked like a good start (better than I expected!) but I would probably use a different transition into a new window and also speed up the scroll speed on the wraplist. One more idea I had was using animations on each of the separate layers for the glow, but then again that is something that will probably take more time than the mockups to actually perfect.

- nvaia - 2011-01-31

WOW this is looking great! I hope something is available soon. Excellent job

- fr500 - 2011-02-01

Dvorac Wrote:Sorry for the late response fr500, but I didn't even bother to work on animations yet, as I was just going to try and do a few views really quick. I figured working out which animations to use is another job in itself and something I didn't want to really dive into as of now.

I took a look at yours and it looked like a good start (better than I expected!) but I would probably use a different transition into a new window and also speed up the scroll speed on the wraplist. One more idea I had was using animations on each of the separate layers for the glow, but then again that is something that will probably take more time than the mockups to actually perfect.

Thanks, I was frustrated and rage quitted lol maybe now I'll keep pushing? who know we'll see next weekend Big Grin

- Kabooka - 2011-02-03

This is first time ive stumbled upon this thread & i was compelled to make a post to say 'WOW' . Seriously guys you owe it to this pretty little thing to release it for all of us. Who knows the good Karma will net you all sexy chics with loose inhibitions & winning lottery tickets .

- fr500 - 2011-02-03

Best post ever ^^

- Dvorac - 2011-02-06

I'm not really in love with how the larger set of icons is coming out :\, so if anyone wants to have a go at it don't be scared to.

Also I am barely going to be able to work on this in the coming month so don't expect much from me.

- Dvorac - 2011-02-15

Since I am finally starting to get back some of my time I thought I would continue. One thing I was wondering though was how to do a showcase view (using what controls). My first instinct is to use a horizontal wraplist as it just seems to be the easiest way, would that work?

- ekim232 - 2011-05-03

Does anyone know if this mock up is currently being worked on by anyone. I am looking for my next project and I have it narrow down to a few. I wanted to do Serenity V.2, but only if I had permission from Arcanthur. Seeing as this mockup is more public I am leaning towards it now. I see there has been some movement by a few users on psd files and some light coding. I think I can make this project really take off if I had help with the mockup and design of the textures.

I already started messing around slightly and next thing I was 4 hours into it and got the itch......

- circle_ - 2011-05-03

Do it!
I emailed Phyek a while back asking if he minded me working on it and he said it was fine but I didn't get too far.

There's been a few people give it a shot in this thread but nothing very major seems to eventuate. So unless someone is working on it quietly in their own time, I think its all you at this point.

I'd still love to see this completed.

- dgsgc - 2011-05-03

Would love to see this worked on, your work on Prescence was great.

- ekim232 - 2011-05-03

I PM'd Dvorac to see if he was still interested in it. I wish there was some concepts of the music section and list views. I will get started and hopefully someone might jump on board to help with some mockups and graphics.

- toolpunk - 2011-05-03

If Dvorac isn't interested, I'd like to help you with the graphics.
I'm currently working on an all new skin as well, but I'm confident I can dedicate enough time to this project.