A New Skin Concept - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skin Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: A New Skin Concept (/showthread.php?tid=46946)
- phyek - 2009-04-29 08:21
Sorry that I can't reply to each comment (it's a time issue), but I greatly appreciate your kind words and suggestions. I've been a bit busy. Anyway, here are some ideas for the home screen:
- rwparris2 - 2009-04-29 08:37
I prefer the first one much more.
I'd like to see a bolder font as well, but I might be alone on that
Edit - to be clear, I like the font, but the weight needs to be bolder IMO.
- redje - 2009-04-29 11:25
+1 for the first layout. I'd really love to see this skin come to life. I hope you can find a good (and fast) coder.
- paul - 2009-04-29 11:49
I much prefer the second but maybe with the menu at the bottom or top of the screen and i like the use of the fonts it looks very different from any other skin i have seen thus far
- brutus01 - 2009-04-29 14:06
I love the simplicity of all of your mockups. clean, simple but still stylish. keep up the great work and grab yourself a coder
- migueld - 2009-05-01 05:02
I love the subtleness of the tv guide, it's pure art, one can only dream...
- Jaco2k - 2009-05-08 13:25
Why does it seem to be so much reluctance to pickup this concept and develop it into a skin?
I guess no one can deny that as a design this is a thing of beauty, so why not the ones "in the know" take it further?
- topfs2 - 2009-05-08 13:47
Jaco2k Wrote:Why does it seem to be so much reluctance to pickup this concept and develop it into a skin?
But we were waiting for you, you haven't begun?
Thought you would have been done by now?
- Jaco2k - 2009-05-08 13:58
Topfs2 Wrote:But we were waiting for you, you haven't begun?
Let's not misinterpret or bend the meaning of my comment, shall we?
1. If I could contribute more, trust me, I would GLADLY be doing it. I work in the localization testing business as a manager for the Technical team. Unfortunately, although I understand programming concepts, I cannot code - otherwise, I would.
2. Nowhere in this thread has been a hint of any of the developers that they would be willing to pickup this project so it is safe to guess that there is no interest
3. By asking I am not demanding (far from me...) but more wanting to know if there is/are going to be any actions or it is just never going to be made.
3.b It is enough to say "No, we won't make it" or "Yes, we plan to do it but currently there is no time", similar to what MediaStream developers did - "Yes, there are bugs to fix but we don't have time right now - we know and we will fix them". This, at least for me, reassures me that something is happening as opposed to seeing a thread with a great concept that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
4. My interest here is exclusively in pushing forward this initiative and I don't think I have ever been impolite about it.
What exactly was your contribution to this thread, Topfs2? Or did you just mean to take a jab at me?
- topfs2 - 2009-05-09 01:55
Jaco2k Wrote:Hi there,
My contribution to this thread is that I have said to phyek I'm more than willing to code for him, despite I'm not a skinner, as I like the skin. I also, somewhat relevant to this, do code for XBMC in general.
I know more people have said they are interested in coding this skin aswell.
The reason for not making this skin is not an issue of willingness, but of time. phyek for instance is involved in designing of another skin, XPerience, so I would imagine the little spare time he has goes to it. SO the subtle, sarcastic hint I was trying to make was that it's an open source thing, if you want it you should volunteer or wait patiently
I do excuse if you felt personally attacked by my response, it wasn't my main intent. And rereading it it might have been to harsh and unclear