Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- roydonaldson - 2009-03-29

I've confirmed that the debug option is turned on and it opens a window saying what it is doing, but it does not generate any debug file.

It crashes in the bit where it is Preping the shows data.

Roy.

- roydonaldson - 2009-03-29

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderxbmcTvshow.Read4_tvshow()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
at movieinfoplus.xbmc.xbmcTvshow.readXML(String xmllocationandfilename, xbmcTvshow& vxbmcTvshow)
at movieinfoplus.tvshowcollection.precacheTvShows(Boolean debugon)
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.tsbShowsLoadShows_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mediainfoplus
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.2809
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.2809
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/mediainfoplus/mediainfoplus.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
Assembly Version: 3.0.10.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.10.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/mediainfoplus/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL
TabControlEX
Assembly Version: 0.0.3216.38616
Win32 Version: 0.0.3216.38616
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/mediainfoplus/TabControlEX.DLL
0h6wlt1i
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
m2kkluc_
yewcye-a
miplibfc
Assembly Version: 1.0.1.2800
Win32 Version: 1.0.1.2800
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/mediainfoplus/miplibfc.DLL
hrweech4
zpaikjzx
2jmu5vmz

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- zeltak - 2009-03-29

Hi

Thx again for another great release!

Is it just my setup or does autopilot not dl the movie poster?
It works really well with the nfo and fanart but does not dl (or save?) the poster...

thx again

Zeltak

- THX-UltraII - 2009-03-29

what is auto-pilot?

- AliG - 2009-03-29

THX-UltraII Wrote:what is auto-pilot?

auto-pilot - assign images and .nfo's to movies

- AliG - 2009-03-29

fekker Wrote:I'll bet those are in your cached directory.
can you remove any 0k files from there and retest.. maybe try command line and gui versions .

i'm knee deep in tvshow data in xbmc right now, i think it's an issue with my xml, but i'm testing some things with xbmc in real time debug to see.

Yup thas fixed it, thank you!!

- MrTourettes - 2009-03-29

Ignore what I put here I found the problem Smile Silly mistake on my part

- bob_loblaw - 2009-03-29

JiveTalker Wrote:There is a config option to hide the wget screens.

But they still download. The reason the other 2700 files start to download makes sense, but I'm still not sure why the wget windows download the zips occasionally, and how much they'd expect to download. Some of us with download limits may be concerned with the amount of data being automatically downloaded.

JiveTalker Wrote:I think that the main reason that 2700 files downloaded even though you'd made few changes to your content was because TVDB rrecently renamed their files and hence the stuff in your cache no longer matched their content.
Bummer. Guess I'll have to let it download it all then. I wonder if TVDB has put something up somewhere which advises how to rename the files to match (if the ID numbers changed we're probably out of luck).

JiveTalker Wrote:As for the missing episode images I had a similar problem due to a bug in a slightly earlier version of MIP. If you go to you MIP install directory and then search for all files < 1kb you will hopefully find a number of 0 kb files in the cache.
I did have around 200 of these so I've deleted them and that's fine thus far. Haven't had any episodes missing (i.e. not the images but the whole episode) in the last few days but I'll keep an eye on it.

What I was really interested in was a way to hunt down episodes which don't have images at all and grab all of those instead of going through manually and doing it. Just after shows air there is usually no image for a day or so (sometimes longer), sometimes the nfo is empty besides the title and airdate too. I'm after a way to scan for missing images... Without having to redownload all the existing images.

- JiveTalker - 2009-03-30

bob_loblaw Wrote:...I'm still not sure why the wget windows download the zips occasionally, and how much they'd expect to download. Some of us with download limits may be concerned with the amount of data being automatically downloaded.

As far as I'm aware, the zip files should only download if they have changed. If you have limits on your file downloads I wouldn't recommend using MIP at all, it will download loads of stuff - that's what it's designed to do!

bob_loblaw Wrote:What I was really interested in was a way to hunt down episodes which don't have images at all and grab all of those instead of going through manually and doing it. Just after shows air there is usually no image for a day or so (sometimes longer), sometimes the nfo is empty besides the title and airdate too. I'm after a way to scan for missing images... Without having to redownload all the existing images.

I put in a feature request to fekker to display a list of all the episodes that don't have images.

Generally if I have a show that is more than a week old I try to upload an image to the site myself. I try hard to get a frame that sums up the episode. It's really irritating when people upload autogenerated screen grabs of a frame that is just x minutes into the show and could be of absolutley anything.

It shouldn't be a problem that the episodes images appear days later than the episode details, the right files should still download. I'm not sure how much stuff get re-downloaded though.

- kiboy6 - 2009-03-30

Just tried it out for the first time and this program is the greatest thing ever!

Couple of questions:

1.) Any way to make MIP deal correctly with a movie folder that has subfolders like "disc 1" and "disc 2". At the moment MIP is looking for movies called "Disc 1" etc

2.) If MIP doesn't recognize a title during auto-pilot and I then go and change the folder name, what's the best way to have MIP rescan to see the change before pre-cache stage? Do I have to scan the whole movies folder again?

3.) For music, I already have my desired album cover embedded in all files. Will MIP still make my XBMC prettier if i run my collection through it first? Or will XBMC do just as good a job directly for now? The main thing that could be improved from XBMC is the artist pics, which XBMC gets all in black and white from Allmusic Guide.

Thanks!

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-30

kiboy6 Wrote:Just tried it out for the first time and this program is the greatest thing ever!

Couple of questions:

1.) Any way to make MIP deal correctly with a movie folder that has subfolders like "disc 1" and "disc 2". At the moment MIP is looking for movies called "Disc 1" etc

2.) If MIP doesn't recognize a title during auto-pilot and I then go and change the folder name, what's the best way to have MIP rescan to see the change before pre-cache stage? Do I have to scan the whole movies folder again?

3.) For music, I already have my desired album cover embedded in all files. Will MIP still make my XBMC prettier if i run my collection through it first? Or will XBMC do just as good a job directly for now? The main thing that could be improved from XBMC is the artist pics, which XBMC gets all in black and white from Allmusic Guide.

Thanks!

1. I would recommend just moving the files into their own folder, and doing away with the subfolders. It might be a pain in the butt, but I'd wager that end result would be worth it.

2. If the title is recognized wrong in autopilot, all you'd need to do is select the movie in MIP, and put in the proper IMDB ID, then press the green button to update all the info.

3. I'd assume that if you have albumart embedded, then your stuff is probably tagged by iTunes? If that's the case, then you probably don't need to do anything to your music with MIP. However, if stuff is not being scanned into your music library properly, then MIP could help you clean things up a bit.

- kiboy6 - 2009-03-30

digitalhigh Wrote:1. I would recommend just moving the files into their own folder, and doing away with the subfolders. It might be a pain in the butt, but I'd wager that end result would be worth it.

2. If the title is recognized wrong in autopilot, all you'd need to do is select the movie in MIP, and put in the proper IMDB ID, then press the green button to update all the info.

3. I'd assume that if you have albumart embedded, then your stuff is probably tagged by iTunes? If that's the case, then you probably don't need to do anything to your music with MIP. However, if stuff is not being scanned into your music library properly, then MIP could help you clean things up a bit.

Thanks very much for the reply.

1.) That won't be too annoying I guess. But will I end up with two identical entries then, or will MIP find info referring to each separate discs of a 2 disc DVD release? The only other place I imagine it being annoying is for TV shows on DVDs. Is the only way for MIP to deal with them to have each ISO in a separate folder?

2.) Got it...thanks Smile In the list of movies with "problems" what does it mean if "TBN" is missing? Which images do I need to make sure are there to make XBMC display the movie nicely. (Doing all my MIP work pre-install of XBMC so forgive the silly question!)

3.) Yes, everything is already tagged to my liking in itunes too. But would MIP scrape fanart / artist pics that XBMC wouldn't get itself?

Finally just a general question about MIP - what exactly is the breakdown of what occurs during auto-pilot and then pre-cache phases? Once both are complete has MIP done all the automated work it can do? What does the "load movies" button do then?

Thanks! - I'm still just in awe of this program - i never imagined my media collection could look so hot!

- Ayla - 2009-03-30

Thanks a lot for a great program!

Do you support the new Aeon Stark skin, just released yesterday?

I read that Aeon Stark looks for both a small .png file and a large poster .png file for displaying thumbs/posters.

Could MIP support auto downloading of them both maybe?

- kizer - 2009-03-30

Offtopic a little bit

Not MIP directly related, but can be used since we are all working with MIP. I started looking for trailers and figured out sorta a cheat unless you guys know about this already.

Goto Youtube and find the trailer you want. Change the URL like the following:

Save it as either a flash file or a MP4 file. Save it to your movie directory as

Transformers\
Transformers.avi
Transformers-trailer.mp4

Refresh or use MIP to find it and walla. Now you have a trailer when you want it. Wink YouTube isn't the greatest, but for me its better to have tons and tons of 10meg files at a lower resolution than at 100meg a wack.

- MrTourettes - 2009-03-30

OK I will start off by saying sorry if this has already been answered. I have spent a couple of hours now search though 100's of threads for all kinds of info and my brain is hurting.

Anyway. I started using Stark today and been trying to mod my movie collection with data to display the flag icons ( 1080p, 720p, etc ).

OK after reading stacks of stuff over at stark section and also in here I think I have come to the conclusion that for xbmc and stark to diasplay this info my file needs to be labeled like so.

- National Treasure Book of Secrets.2007.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv

Well that is my understanding so far.

I think however I have probably missed bits and pieces somewhere and I am here asking if there is a better way of doing that.

At the moment I have 1000's of movies and only some of them hold the information in the file names. I do know I could grab the information using Media Info application and rename my files. I really do not want to do this.

Does MIP in anyway read the data form the movie file and save in the nfo so that xbmc can pick this up and use in stark? If not is there a way in MIP to have it rename my media with the appropiate file names to include this information?

Also while on the subject...In MIP you can save off different nfo's and tbn's etc. For example it will save an nfo of the movie name but also have an option to save movie.nfo. Could someone explain why I would need 2 copies of this data and for example when running MIP as defaut without changing anything I end up with like 3-4 copies of the movie cover image.

Thanks for ya time and sorry to repeat a probably already answered question but this is one confused muppet with a headache Sad