Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- jonaseg - 2009-08-15

Maybe.. I still get the exception using mediainfoplus.exe tho.

Running only miptvupdate i can see this in the line of execution:
"
Current Show: MythBusters
2209 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at movieinfoplus.tvshowcollection.kbLoadTvShowsCmdLine(Boolean overwritenfo, Boolean debugon, Boolean dlo)
124 episodes found
"

Going to sleep now, so don't expect a prompt answer..

- fekker - 2009-08-15

jonaseg Wrote:Maybe.. I still get the exception using mediainfoplus.exe tho.

Running only miptvupdate i can see this in the line of execution:
"
Current Show: MythBusters
2209 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at movieinfoplus.tvshowcollection.kbLoadTvShowsCmdLine(Boolean overwritenfo, Boolean debugon, Boolean dlo)
124 episodes found
"

Going to sleep now, so don't expect a prompt answer..

made some changes to the gui version and changed the output for the 2209 (non critical error).

Here's the latest test build with all current changes merged back into it.
http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_testbuild_2927.zip

- jonaseg - 2009-08-15

It works!
You are the man!

- johnny - 2009-08-15

fekker Wrote:Not sure why that one is disabled, there must have been another issue that came up with other areas or i would have enabled it. I'll see about taking another look at that part of the code. Can you post some of the folder/filenames that it was breaking on.

The new unified media manager application does not have the limits that mip does, and it is getting there. It's faster, way better is reading, scanning, and handling, and parsing of data, new item detection, pretty much better then mip could ever be. It also helps that I've learned alot from the 2 media managers I made and the whole bunch that others made as well. It also is a real Plus that there is a team of devs working on it, that helps alot as mip was just me.

Examples of the original filenames (I started with a single directory full of ISOs):
Alien (1979).ISO
Bad Santa (2003).ISO
These files with (same names) ended up in directories (via "move to folder") called:
Alien
Bad Santa
Additional files (nfo etc) created before using "move to folder" had names like:
Alien (1979).tbn
Bad Santa (2003).tbn
but files created after "foldering" lose the date (and get ignored by xbmc) e.g.
Alien.tbn
Bad Santa.tbn
(althogh sticking to "movie.tbn" and deleting 'named' files solves this.

It's not a big issue for me (as I've been through the trawl already) but for future users naming with dates and preserving them should make adding movies easier.

Thanks Smile

- willers.nail - 2009-08-15

yea its working better now in the new test build and its showing all my shows but I don't seem to be able to change any of the season posters as its not showing any to select from. I also get the "Unhandled exception has occurred..." msg when I click a particular season. Can anyone else confirm this to be still happening? When I click on TV Posters and Wide Icons then click select Season specific Posters: Season X should it be saying at the top posters from TMDB cos if not this is what mine is saying?

- jonaseg - 2009-08-15

Mhm, still some exceptions, but none of them has caused any trouble for me.

- Kilack - 2009-08-15

Hi,

Ive been using this great program using 2801 which has given me no problems and I tried one of the more recent versions but it got very mixed up with episode names with some groups calling themselves -2hd which caused all sorts of problems and mip thought it was a multipart episode etc etc.

Anyway mip has started crashing for me unfortunately in the last day and now i cant do a load shows without a crash..

Does this give any clues as to what it maybe? I tried deleting all the nfo files out but it still crashes.. it downloads all the data for every episode but seems to crash when its about to run through and write out the nfo files for them all

http://pastebin.com/m5b3b0045

- fekker - 2009-08-16

Kilack Wrote:Hi,

Ive been using this great program using 2801 which has given me no problems and I tried one of the more recent versions but it got very mixed up with episode names with some groups calling themselves -2hd which caused all sorts of problems and mip thought it was a multipart episode etc etc.

Anyway mip has started crashing for me unfortunately in the last day and now i cant do a load shows without a crash..

Does this give any clues as to what it maybe? I tried deleting all the nfo files out but it still crashes.. it downloads all the data for every episode but seems to crash when its about to run through and write out the nfo files for them all

http://pastebin.com/m5b3b0045

ok, now i see the issue that's been causing all this grief.. the tvdb is returning busted xml documents, which is causing issues with the season posters as well as the general exceptions we have been seeing.. i'll have to see about adding in the repair feature of UMx to mip (which will fix busted xml files).. and have a fall back to regex (which UMx does as well)..

- Kilack - 2009-08-16

fekker Wrote:ok, now i see the issue that's been causing all this grief.. the tvdb is returning busted xml documents, which is causing issues with the season posters as well as the general exceptions we have been seeing.. i'll have to see about adding in the repair feature of UMx to mip (which will fix busted xml files).. and have a fall back to regex (which UMx does as well)..

Ahh, great that you have found the problem.
Look forward to seeing the fixed version. I mentioned the later versions caued me headaches because of MIP's file matching on group names like -2hd etc, are you able to have a setting that uses the old matching (from 2801) so that I can upgrade safely ?Smile
Appreciate all your work and realise you are trying to concentrate on your new project but would be nice to have this working until the other project is ready. (speaking of which, when are you expecting to release a beta of that?)

cheers

- Antsmarch - 2009-08-18

I am having issues with trying to run MIP autoupdate on linux using the wine version 1.1.27. I would like to update my installation of MIP if possible. I noticed most of exe needed to upgrade need version 2902, which I could not find in the download section.

Thanks

- shabby - 2009-08-19

I understand that UMx is the way you are going but is there any chance that us average joes can get our hands on it?

- fekker - 2009-08-19

Antsmarch Wrote:I am having issues with trying to run MIP autoupdate on linux using the wine version 1.1.27. I would like to update my installation of MIP if possible. I noticed most of exe needed to upgrade need version 2902, which I could not find in the download section.

Thanks
you can grab the 2916 update from
http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_2916_patch_exefilesonly.rar
and then patch to anything higher using test builds
the latest test build is
mip_testbuild_2927.zip

Quote:I understand that UMx is the way you are going but is there any chance that us average joes can get our hands on it?
UMx is open source and hosted on sourceforge.. you could compile the source from there, but it's not in a state for general use, the core is still getting a bunch of updates and the scraper functions are in process. There is no general use UI yet (only dev test tools), there are members of the team that have started the webui's and the form ui as well.

When a pre-alpha is ready, i'm sure there will be alot of info popping up, until then i really would wait.

- Kilack - 2009-08-19

where can i find the test builds? will they fix the crashing problem i have with busted xml's from thetvdb.com?

as it stands i cannot update any of my tv series Sad

(know you are busy)

- fekker - 2009-08-19

Kilack Wrote:where can i find the test builds? will they fix the crashing problem i have with busted xml's from thetvdb.com?

as it stands i cannot update any of my tv series Sad

(know you are busy)

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_testbuild_2927.zip

it will fix the crash in MIP, but it will not load the data if it's busted.

- Kilack - 2009-08-19

Hi Fekker,

Thanks for the latest version, there is just one tiny problem with this version. I have mentioned it before but here it is again Smile

Some of my filenames are like this
Americas.Got.Talent.S04E07.HDTV.XviD-2HD.avi

The old versions of MIP loaded that just fine but the new versions seem to think the -2hd means a multipart episode or something so everything gets all mixed up..

The .nfo file ends up with this in it
<season>4</season>
<episode>7:2</episode>

and xbmc ends up not listing some episodes etc because of this.
Is there anyway I can make mip go back to the old behaviour?

Appreciate all your hard work.

cheers