Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-08-27

Shadok Wrote:I have a question regarding MIP and XBMC.
When i add new tv shows episodes on my HD, and if i don't run a scan with MIP before, although XBMC does a scan everytime i launch it, it doesn't see the new episodes (library mode is on, but i switch to file mode, i see the files).
Basically, i need to have nfo files created by MIP for xbmc library to see with videos.
Can't XBMC create them by itself ?

Thanks.

delete the tvshow.nfo files, rescan with the lastest test build and then rescan with xbmc.

the field changed that it was looking at for tv show data in the svn build your using.

- Shadok - 2009-08-27

Done.
I'll test it when i'll have a new episode to add.

Thanks Smile

- fekker - 2009-08-28

fekker Wrote:Vista x64 and mip update

download and save this file
http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/setup.exe

create a folder
c:\program files\mipupdate

change permissions on that folder, giving your user account full control
(right click, permissions, set permissions, edit.. click on user name, click full control.. ok and save as prompted)

run the setup.exe file that you downloaded
when mipupdate starts, you need to change the path that it's look for mip in to the default (or whatever you put it in) ... C:\Program Files (x86)\mediainfoplus

tested under vista 64 bit sp1

you can then install any of the test builds as needed.. i'll see about reworking the auto-updater to fix this issue when i get the time.. i've also made note of the reported issues so i can look into those

for the tv show and the | in the data, added to fix list

for the tv show .nfo file overwrite, there is a setting for that, under the tv show section in the tv show tab.. if it's not working with that deselected, please report back and i'll look into it.

Another update for windows 7 users (32bit)

you will need to create c:\program files\mipupdate
change the permissions for your user account to full control

after you have installed MIP, you will need to change the permissions on the c:\program files\mediainfoplus folder to full control as well

- Shadok - 2009-08-28

Sorry fekker, but it isn't working.
Looks like an XBMC issue.

I added a Robin Hood episode in its folder (Robin Hood/Season 3), launched XBMC (it scanned looking for new shows) and i can't see the one i put.
No nfo file was created (if i use MIP, it will create one and the episode will appear in XBMC library).

- Shadok - 2009-08-28

There's a little bug in MIP update.
If you have a version superior to the last one it can find, it will ask you if you want to update it.

Here's a screenshot :

- fekker - 2009-08-28

Shadok Wrote:There's a little bug in MIP update.
If you have a version superior to the last one it can find, it will ask you if you want to update it.

Here's a screenshot :

sorry, missed a step.. you have to reload the tv show library in xbmc so it'll update the database field with the correct link...
remove tvshow from xbmc library and then rescan it in, that updates the database.

I left in that option so that test builds could be reverted back to stable builds.. I had planned on alot more features for mip update, and those will come, but it'll be for UMx (which will replace MIP)

- kees667 - 2009-08-29

This tool looks great. I am still having trouble with certain movies and series, and wonder what to do then.

e.g. it won't accept tvshows \prison break season 4:

I get:

No show data exists for the following shows:
Prison Break Season 4

What do I do then, I changed the folder name several times, how can I get it running? Is setting the folder name the only option?

- Kilack - 2009-08-29

kees667 Wrote:This tool looks great. I am still having trouble with certain movies and series, and wonder what to do then.

I get:

Prison Break Season 4

What do I do then, I changed the folder name several times, how can I get it running? Is setting the folder name the only option?

Use this format, it always works.

series name\Season xx\episode name-sxxexx.avi

The one thing that MIP doesn't do is if it cant find a match for the series name it just says it cant load it, if it finds similar matches it will give you a list to choose from.

You can always check the correct spelling of the series name by going to
http://www.thetvdb.com
Check there then name your folder that, then the season folders under that.
As MIP uses thetvdb.com, if you get it from there then MIP will definitely match it.

- dbone1026 - 2009-08-29

kees667 Wrote:This tool looks great. I am still having trouble with certain movies and series, and wonder what to do then.

I get:

Prison Break Season 4

A good solution is to use a program called tv rename on your tv collection, it will automatically rename your shows to showname - sxxexx - episodename, which works well across the board and keeps your naming consistent

Cheers,
Damian

blog - http://dbone1026.blogspot.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

- kees667 - 2009-08-29

Thanks I'll try that.

As I just installed xbmc I needs some more help. I am now running PM3.HD skin, do I need to set content in XBMC in order to get all the information visible? I tried, but XBMC then wants to scan using its built in tools (guess thats already done by this tool).

Also which skins are recommended to use this information? I have aeon and pm3.hd, but aeon is a little heavy for my asrock 330.

- dbone1026 - 2009-08-29

kees667 Wrote:Thanks I'll try that.

As I just installed xbmc I needs some more help. I am now running PM3.HD skin, do I need to set content in XBMC in order to get all the information visible? I tried, but XBMC then wants to scan using its built in tools (guess thats already done by this tool).

Also which skins are recommended to use this information? I have aeon and pm3.hd, but aeon is a little heavy for my asrock 330.

You should set content. XBMC will scan your collection, but if your metadata is already present it should just skip over. It will only add info that is missing.

- dbone1026 - 2009-08-29

kees667 Wrote:Thanks I'll try that.

Also, have you tried the MediaStream skin?

- Shadok - 2009-08-29

fekker Wrote:sorry, missed a step.. you have to reload the tv show library in xbmc so it'll update the database field with the correct link...
remove tvshow from xbmc library and then rescan it in, that updates the database.

I just tried that and i still don't have the episode in the library Smile
I removed the library files, reconfigured the sources, rescanned it and still no change.

doesn't like episode 0? - Kilack - 2009-08-30

I have this file that refuses to be scanned by MIP
the_west_wing.3x00.isaac.and.ishmael.dvdrip_xvid.avi

I assume it is because it is episode 0? as all the others are in the same format.
It lists episode 0 as missing also.
Checked the tvdb.com and its definitely episode 0 ( a special )

Any chance that could be looked at if you have a spare moment?

Thanks

- dbone1026 - 2009-08-30

Kilack Wrote:I have this file that refuses to be scanned by MIP
the_west_wing.3x00.isaac.and.ishmael.dvdrip_xvid.avi

I assume it is because it is episode 0? as all the others are in the same format.
It lists episode 0 as missing also.
Checked the tvdb.com and its definitely episode 0 ( a special )

Any chance that could be looked at if you have a spare moment?

Thanks

Try renaming, for special episodes I think it needs to be named:

Folder: Special
File Name: E01, E02, etc... (use what episode number it is on thetvdb)

This worked for one of my special episodes for Heroes