Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-09-24

Kilack Wrote:I've been using MIP for quite sometime with tv shows.
It has never been able to scrap this show

"Digging for the Truth"

It always just says there is no data for it.
Taken straight from the screen after a scan

"No show data exists for the following shows:
Digging for the Truth"

However, of course on thetvdb.com it does exist and exactly in that spelling as I even copied and pasted from thetvdb.com. I can see nothing different about that show but for some reason MIP just won't pick it up.
xbmc scrapes it just fine.

Any chance you can take a couple of minutes fekker and see if you notice anything different about it on thetvdb.com that might cause mip to not find it?

thanks
not sure why it's not working yet, but here's a workaround

create a text file called tvdbid.txt and put in 78863 in that file (with nothing else).. save that to the tv show directory, mip will detect that file and use the id in it for the show. UMM also uses these if no .nfo file is there

Quote:episode images
still no luck in figuring out why the api returns images that don't exist on the image mirror site, but i might be able to come up with a work around for those.

- crs.one - 2009-09-25

hi there peeps...

thanks for this great tool to handle the mass amount of files in media databases Wink
i worked with this now for a few weeks, until right now.
after loading new movie information, i'll manually get OFDB info for german details.
but when i open the dropdown menu to select to update info from ofbd the app crashes.

im running the 2.0.1 2870 build with the 2882 patch 32bit on vista 64bit.

as i said i had no problems with it until today.
im getting this error:
Code:
Beschreibung:
  Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    mediainfoplus.exe
  Application Version:    2.0.1.2882
  Application Timestamp:    49efd80d
  Fault Module Name:    KERNEL32.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.0.6001.18215
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4995354a
  Exception Code:    e0434f4d
  Exception Offset:    000000000002619d
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

what could make this happen? im somehow confused...

thx 4 ur help

regards...crs

- fekker - 2009-09-25

crs.one Wrote:hi there peeps...

thanks for this great tool to handle the mass amount of files in media databases Wink
i worked with this now for a few weeks, until right now.
after loading new movie information, i'll manually get OFDB info for german details.
but when i open the dropdown menu to select to update info from ofbd the app crashes.

im running the 2.0.1 2870 build with the 2882 patch 32bit on vista 64bit.

as i said i had no problems with it until today.
im getting this error:
Code:
Beschreibung:
  Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    mediainfoplus.exe
  Application Version:    2.0.1.2882
  Application Timestamp:    49efd80d
  Fault Module Name:    KERNEL32.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.0.6001.18215
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4995354a
  Exception Code:    e0434f4d
  Exception Offset:    000000000002619d
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

what could make this happen? im somehow confused...

thx 4 ur help

regards...crs
Try one of the updated builds 2941 for example, after using mipupdate to get to the latest stable build. It includes an updated toolkit that is used for the graphical parts of the program.

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=4:2.1.1&download=20:build-2941&Itemid=54

- Moldiver - 2009-09-25

Started using this today and so far it has updated some of my movies on XBMC and some it hasn't. Some of the problems are that the title of the movie is clearly there but on XBMC the name is just "/" also the director is there and in XBMC the director is "N/A anyone got an tips on how to fix such problems? also how to transfer all the info over to XBMC.

- kizer - 2009-09-25

Yeah I've noticed now and then I'm not getting episode images, but when I check thetvdb they are there. Not sure whats up.

As well I've noticed lately when I run the command line version it says there are like 90images missing, but I know I don't have that many missing when I view my PC or xbox. Its almost like they are missing in the cache of MIP, but not on the machine running XBMC. As well sometimes when I look through MIP viewing episodes they show no image, but they show up on XBMC. Is it possible for MIP to delete an episode image from the drive, but its still a cached file on XBMC so its showing up?

Just a bit of bizarrness lately. Wink

Just a side note. All of the images I'm messing with are on a NAS that both my Xbox and machine running MIP access.

- Moldiver - 2009-09-25

Just used media flag updater and it has fixed some things but still alot of films with no name under their icon or "/" some films state genre some don't. Any ideas?

- fekker - 2009-09-25

Moldiver Wrote:Started using this today and so far it has updated some of my movies on XBMC and some it hasn't. Some of the problems are that the title of the movie is clearly there but on XBMC the name is just "/" also the director is there and in XBMC the director is "N/A anyone got an tips on how to fix such problems? also how to transfer all the info over to XBMC.

Check in MIP to see what the "Editable Title:" is set to for those showing a /

same with director field
make sure if you have mip outputing only one name of the .nfo file, that another .nfo file is not there. in other words, check folder with movie, see if there's more then one .nfo file (movie.nfo and %moviefolder/filename%.nfo)
if there's two, and mip's only set to output one of them, it might be picking up on the wrong one

Quote:TV Episode images
The mirrors are out of sync with the website, i can't grab the image from the site directly as the api references the image mirrors.
Mip will show 90 missing images, meaning that there's 90 that are returned from the tvdb that are not in MIP's local cache, so it try's to get them.
xbmc caches images, and can generate images for media without them, so in some cases xbmc has an image, mip does not.

i'm spread pretty thin right now, but i'm trying to get the tv show part of umm's core completed. It's getting there, but isn't ready for testing yet.
One cool thing is that thanks to scraperxml it can get episode images from mutliple sites, should be able to do a fallback, if it's not on site x, try y, then z and if that fails, do something else with it. Unlike mip, umm's loading routine and scraping is in different modules, meaning it doesn't have to download anything to show your collection, and it also means you can add in shows that are not on any site. it'll make more sense later Big Grin

When the tv show portion of the UMM core and one of the user interfaces are ready for testing, those interested will be able to give it a try. (info on that on the teamumx forums)

- Moldiver - 2009-09-25

Thanks, noticed some of my folders were a bit of a mess inside due to using different programs, one thing though i cleaned out a folder so it was just the movie file re done the MIP and saved it and checked the folder and MIP seems to be creating 2 .NFO's files, any way to make sure it only creates one?

Actually i am not sure that's the problem? creates 2 .nfo files, one called movie and the other is the name of the video file. ive tried deleting one and checking and then trying the other one and still getting "/" i tried the Aeon skin and it works fine just seems to do it on showmix.

- fekker - 2009-09-25

Moldiver Wrote:Thanks, noticed some of my folders were a bit of a mess inside due to using different programs, one thing though i cleaned out a folder so it was just the movie file re done the MIP and saved it and checked the folder and MIP seems to be creating 2 .NFO's files, any way to make sure it only creates one?

Yup, it's in the settings area for which ones it'll make.

- Moldiver - 2009-09-25

Got it all fixed only problems i am left with are some films named "/" and some don't have a name underneath the movie poster. It works fine in Aeon but in Showmix it doesn't, maybe something to do with the showmix config? or is there another box other than "editable title" in MIP.

Also i tried to do my tv shows but for some reason quite alot of season have duplicated in XBMC even though in their actual folder there is only singe episodes and all are named "s01e01" etc and in folders called "season01" any ideas. It's prolly something in the settings but seeing as i am new to it i can't see anything that fits.

- fekker - 2009-09-26

the editable title is the one that xbmc is going to use, try it with a stock skin (pm3-hd) and see if the info is displayed correctly, might be skin related.

- Moldiver - 2009-09-26

Looks like it is skin related, wonder what's up. Any idea why MIP is duplicating my tv episodes? i cleared everything out and started from scratch and used XBMC to gather the info but some of my shows displayed 0 episodes even though every ons is stored the same.

TV Shows
TV Show name
Season 1
s01e01
etc.

- Moldiver - 2009-09-26

Fixed the tite of the movie files and it solved the "/" problem. Just the tv shows to fix now Smile

- Johan71 - 2009-09-26

Why cant i see all of my movies in the list when i use show all movies Huh
only see 6 of 28

- Moldiver - 2009-09-26

Check your names and sruff make sure the folders and files names are just the film name. i had that problem.