Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- azido - 2009-09-28

DaveGee Wrote:It's a long-shot but do we have any Babylon 5 fans reading this thread?

If so here's my quick question:

I have the seasons all ripped and they show up fine and were all indexed by MIP. However, I also have the 5 made for TV movies...

Where do YOU (if you have them) put them?

I realize I could put them in Movies and they'd probably be recognized and cataloged but it simply 'feels wrong'?

They were never theatrical released movies, they were simply 'special' made for TV episodes that weren't part of the existing seasons. I tried making a folder called Specials (in the Babylon 5 folder) and put them inside that but MIP still didn't want anything to do with them.

Anyone?

Dave

if you're talking about the 8 special episodes available for babylon 5, your best bet is to visit tvdb to see in which seasons they appear.

they have to be named like S00Exx where episode number will be ascending in order of their appearance.

in example the first 2 specials appeared in season one, so you would add them to your season 1 dir as S00E01 and S00E02 - that way they will be noticed by scraping and so they should in mip, too.

finally, there will be automatically created a "specials" node in xbmc lib view to browse into.

- azido - 2009-09-28

fekker Wrote:if it's a tv show, put it in tv shows with the current format for the season and episode number, this gets tricky as most are season 0 for specials, some are season 1. Check on tvdb and see what it has listed for the season and episode number and match that to the filename data for mip to pull the data.

you can add more then 1 tvshow folder to mip, short of your computer, there is no limit. If the files for the season don't exist, you will need to create blank files for the episodes.. or you could modify the show information that is displayed in xbmc in a way that you know it's on disc.

Changed in 2946 - Episode Images Fixed
- fixed tvdb image link so images should download correctly again
- added the season checks, it'll find STAFFEL and Staffel (followed by either an _ or a space), it was pretty straightforward of an addition
- cleaned up director and writer for episodes (the extra | or \ in the names)

www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_build2.1.1.2946.zip

build 2946, up on mip's website soon

thanks brother, appreciated.

i know how to handle dummies, but was unsure about using more than one root dir for tv-shows. oh and yes, of course i can add more root dirs in mip - was just irritated because of the greyed-out "add path" button Wink

- DaveGee - 2009-09-28

Wow thanks for the ideas, I will give it a shot!!

Here's some details I was lacking:

Product Link: http://www.filmbug.com/asin/B0002B15UQ

"Babylon 5 - The Movie Collection"

This included 5 features the first being the pilot so that one is redundant since its on the season #1 disc as well.

Here are the titles:

Babylon 5: The Gathering (the pilot)
Babylon 5: In the Beginning
Babylon 5: A Call to Arms
Babylon 5: The River of Souls
Babylon 5: Thirdspace

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Babylon+5%3A&x=0&y=0

----------------
Final Outcome
----------------

Okay since things didn't quite work out as expected... (the pilot I assumed was s00e01 since it had the earliest air date was -- WRONG) and the scrapper was naming "The Gathering" the pilot "In the Beginning" and it was naming "The Gathering" "In the Beginning" its clear that air isn't always the best place to start for figuring this stuff out.

However having read the above comment from Rockygod43 I found the BEST way to deal with stuff like this:

GO TO THE SCRAPERS SOURCE!!! Big Grin

Search the show in question (Babylon 5/24/whatever) choose the language if prompted and then click on the 'Specials' link, located right near the episode number links - I did that and was presented with:

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=70726&seasonid=18194&lid=7

This answered all my questions and going forward I now know just how to deal with these things...

Thanks All!

Dave

- azido - 2009-09-28

fekker Wrote:- added the season checks, it'll find STAFFEL and Staffel (followed by either an _ or a space), it was pretty straightforward of an addition

sorry to say so, but after an update to given version it still drops a Season 7 dir instead of putting the fanart into STAFFEL 7 directory Sad

maybe that's because it's listed in mip as Season 7 ?

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-28

Still missing images, latest ones were american dad and family guy

- azido - 2009-09-28

found 2 other "issues":

regarding meta information, mip does 2 outputs that do not show up on xbmc:

video :

<codec>Mpeg-4 Visual</codec> <-codec "Mpeg-4 Visual" not known to xbmc

(where it should be XViD, that one goes to <codecID> <- not read/supported by xbmc, so it's an unused tag)

<aspectdisplayratio>1.811</aspectdisplayratio> <- tag not known to xbmc, so flag does not display.

should be <aspect> instead (that's the one outputted by xbmc when exporting database)

i thought exchanging ffmpeg.exe and MediaInfo.dll with the ones from EMM (which creates valid, xbmc-friendly output) would do the trick, but obviously it's your code putting those tags in nfo.

Could you change that behaviour? else massive nfo editing is needed afterwards when initially adding a show with MIP.

would require 2 changes - write output of codecID to <codec> and write aspect ratio to <aspect> instead of <aspectdisplayratio>.

hopefully these are no BIG changes for you, as that would make life easier at last on my side..

- azido - 2009-09-28

ehm.. double post.

- DaveGee - 2009-09-28

One final point I'd like to make to anyone reading this...

Since I'm working with all 'Season 1' DVDs and I'm a scifi nut many Season 1's turn out to be the ONLY season and since the networks tend to no care when they wrap up a tv show episodes get unaired or aired in some crazy order that wasn't intended. I'm thinking specificly of Firefly and Earth 2 and I'm SURE there are others and it was SO messy getting things to jive with the way the writer/director intended the season to be shown.

SO..

I got into the VERY BAD HABIT of choosing DVD ORDER for everything TV related.

Well what I found was for things like Earth 2 and Firefly it was fine... for TV Episodes that had a normal run of several seasons (like Stargate SG1) things got screwed up and MIP was telling me I was missing the last episode... or had one EXTRA episode (of season 1) same for season 1 of Stargate Atlantis... Well it was a case of, is the pilot episode counted as ONE episode or TWO.

If you chose DVD order the pilot counted as 1 episode
If you chose AIRED order the pilot counted as 2 episodes

(I might have that reversed, its kinda confusing)

But anyway.. the short of it is:

The BEST choice to make is 'AIRED' (and not dvd-order) and if you find shows like Firefly and Earth 2 where things don't work out... then delete the stuff that MIP creates and then rerun the app and you will be REASKED what order and then chose dvd-order.

Perhaps somehow explaining this to the user (even if its just for the 1st time) it might help others moving forward....

Now if what I stated above is in error PLEASE let me know because I don't want to leave bad information in this post.

Thanks

Dave

- fekker - 2009-09-28

odd for the tv show folders, works fine for me in putting it into the correct folder?? does it put them in both as well?

for the missing episode images i'll need the following details
tvshowid
tvshowname
season and episode number

codecid as well as all the media details come from working with the dude who added the functionality into xbmc, aspect is different (that was created after), but the codec field is the "format" info from mediainfo.

i'll change the aspect tag, but need to check on the other one before making changes to it.

- fekker - 2009-09-28

aired vs dvd order is a pain, not all the info is filled out for all shows, some are just plain wrong (flashpoint for example is wacky)

"Episodes 10 - 13 of Season 1 have been billed as episodes 1 - 4 of Season 2 by CBS and CTV in North America only. In international markets, Season 2 begins with "Business As Usual".

So outside of North America, Season 1 has 13 episodes, but here it's only 9 of them.
So season 1 episode 10 is really season 2 episode 1, so it's DVD Season 1, Season 2, Episode 1, DVD Episode 10
Sometimes the DVD season field is not filled out, but dvd episode is filled in as 10, while season number reads 2, so parsing comes out to Season 2 Episode 10, which is " Remote Control" which is totally off.

Basically choose aired if you captured it from tv, or dvd order if it came off a retail dvd.
When in doubt, choose aired, and 80% of the time it'll be correct. (maybe higher % depending on the source of your media)

- DaveGee - 2009-09-28

fekker Wrote:aired vs dvd order is a pain, not all the info is filled out for all shows, some are just plain wrong (flashpoint for example)

Basically choose aired if you captured it from tv, or dvd order if it came off a retail dvd.
When in doubt, choose aired, and 80% of the time it'll be correct. (maybe higher % depending on the source of your media)

Okay so my findings were accurate...

My trouble was the initial set of TV seasons had a VERY high % rate of single season shows (where the stations sometimes butchered the airing of the final episodes). Scifi always seems to get treated very badly by the networks and I'm to the point where I don't want to watch a new scifi oriented show because I know all too well that it'll get canceled midseason because it was going up against American Idol or some other no-win slot -- perhaps I'm biased tho... Smile

And after re-reading what you said:

- choose aired if you captured it from tv
- dvd order if it came off a retail dvd

It might have been ME screwing things up as well...

When ripping season #1 dvds where in many cases the pilot is listed as two episodes in many episode guides I was under the impression I had to do this when naming the 1st title title from season 1 disc 1.

Stargate_SG1.s01e01-02.vob (for the name of the first title/episode)
Stargate_SG1.s01e03.vob
Stargate_SG1.s01e04.vob

And so on.. Now I see that had I just named/numbered them in a normal way

Stargate_SG1.s01e01.vob (double length pilot)
Stargate_SG1.s01e02.vob
Stargate_SG1.s01e03.vob

and then chose DVD order in MIP that would have worked too...

I get it now. Looks like me thinking I was doing the right thing (naming title 1 on the dvd as s01e01-02) was actually compounding the issue.

Dave

- azido - 2009-09-28

fekker Wrote:codecid as well as all the media details come from working with the dude who added the functionality into xbmc, aspect is different (that was created after), but the codec field is the "format" info from mediainfo.

i'll change the aspect tag, but need to check on the other one before making changes to it.

all i can say here is: if i let xbmc export video database to several files, it writes what you call codecID into the <codec> tag and aspectratio into <aspect>.. and so it reads from them when re-adding movies/shows.

anyway, i saw i am able to disable scanning of meta data in MIP - but it still writes such data into nfo?? do i need to redo my library cache in MIP?

deinstalled it completely now to start from scratch.

one other thing:

i have:

- MediaInfoPlus_2.0.1_build2870_fullinstaller.zip
- mip_build2.1.1.2941.zip
- setup.exe (MIP updater)
- mip_build2.1.1.2946

do i need some stuff in between (saw some of your updates depend on others) to gain full functionality?

sorry for such newbie questions, i have to admit i am one when it comes to this app.

- fekker - 2009-09-28

glad ya got that sorted, i know it's a bugger

that should be all the files ya need, until i get the patch done for aspect that is, prob be tomorrow on that so i can confirm the field details. Also need to check for HD media what field is reporting what, don't have any available right now to check.

and just because i don't want folks thinking MIP's still kicken, remember it's just bug fixes .. here's a teaser shot
http://www.picamatic.com/view/5243395_umm_teaser2/
that's just my internal test form, it's not the gui that folks will use, those gui's are wicked cool Big Grin

- azido - 2009-09-29

fekker Wrote:Also need to check for HD media what field is reporting what, don't have any available right now to check.

here's the output xbmc generated (exporting database) for a typical 1080p mkv release:

PHP Code:
<fileinfo>
        <
streamdetails>
            <
video>
                <
codec>h264</codec>
                <
aspect>1.777778</aspect>
                <
width>1920</width>
                <
height>1080</height>
            </
video>
            <
audio>
                <
codec>ac3</codec>
                <
language>ger</language>
                <
channels>6</channels>
            </
audio>
            <
audio>
                <
codec>ac3</codec>
                <
language>eng</language>
                <
channels>6</channels>
            </
audio>
            <
subtitle>
                <
language>ger</language>
            </
subtitle>
            <
subtitle>
                <
language>eng</language>
            </
subtitle>
            <
subtitle>
                <
language>fre</language>
            </
subtitle>
        </
streamdetails>
    </
fileinfo
regarding umx: did you already choose beta testers? no news regarding that on site ~wink~

- azido - 2009-09-29

i guess MIP shouldn't write any streamdetails to nfos it generates when i disable "Scan episode media and gather media information" - should it?

but it does. Oo even on a brand new, fresh install.