Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- FNi31 - 2009-10-05

Hey MIP dev team, first off, thank you for the great software. The TV show support is unprecedented.

However I am having a small problem that could just be my (lack) of understanding of the software.

I have successfully scanned all my media using MIP however I'm struggling to get XBMC to pick up the information. I have set the content of my television folder to 'TV' and clicked 'Run Automated Scan'.

The problem is rather than just importing all the information MIP added, it goes out and scrapes theTVDB.com instead.

Am I missing something here? How do I get XBMC to just use the information provided?

Thank you,
FNi.

- marklight - 2009-10-05

is the creation of extrathumbs ( for use with aeon) supported by MIP? If so how does it work. I thought I saw that someone was using MIP for the automated creation of extrathumbs but I cannot get it to work, or see how to do it.

- kiboy6 - 2009-10-05

Quote:I assume on a 64bit machine that 64bit.txt should be present, when I did the install on a 32bit winxp machine (but chose 64bit in the install options) 64bit.txt was generated into the mip folder.
When i did a 64bit install on win2008 64bit OS (and chose 64bit in the install) it placed 32bit.txt there...
does that sound right?, i deleted the 32bit.txt anyway and replaced it with 64bit.txt then tried starting mip and what do you know, it works

Quote:very interesting for sure.. anyone else that has those issues that can confirm that fixes it?

I haven't ever been able to get MIP to play nice on Vista x64. Would love to try this fix...but where can I get the 64bit.txt file?

- gui - 2009-10-05

everytime i "load shows" or "update shows" does create a blank .tbn file for the episode thumbs,and i can only create a proper .tbn manually using the "reload info" or using the " tool " option.
i need to create .tbn for ALLOT of episodes and is getting stressful doing it manually.
am i missing somethingHuh

- fekker - 2009-10-05

FNi31 - nothing else should be required for xbmc to pick up the details
-- check to make sure tvshow.nfo is there as well as an .nfo file for each episode

marklight - extrathumbs are not directly supported, I remember starting to code that but never finished it.. some folks might have work arounds using the thumbnail creation option (since those are in the temp folder in mip).. i don't think it was enabled to do it automatically in any release build that I remember.

kiboy6 - i've had the same issues with vista 64bit, umm will be way better as it doesn't use any of the components from mip that cause the slowdown and issues. the 64bit.txt is just a text file.. what it means is that the 64bit dll's have been installed (mediainfo.dll)

gui - make sure your running the latest version (episode images where pointing to an older cache server that doesn't work), also clear out any 0k files in the temp folder in mip's root directory ..open temp directory in mip, press f3 (search)
search > by size > less then 200k (or whatever that default is) and then click on size column to sort.. remove (aka delete) 0k image files. . make sure your in the temp directory and only remove images and not part of your os (standard disclaimer)

- Reginald - 2009-10-06

fekker Wrote:gui - make sure your running the latest version (episode images where pointing to an older cache server that doesn't work), also clear out any 0k files in the temp folder in mip's root directory ..open temp directory in mip, press f3 (search)
search > by size > less then 200k (or whatever that default is) and then click on size column to sort.. remove (aka delete) 0k image files. . make sure your in the temp directory and only remove images and not part of your os (standard disclaimer)

fekker, thank you for this, I actually had to go into the cache folder and I did a search (F3) for *.jpg and set the size to "at most" "5KB" I then cleared out the 0K files from the cache and the TV Shows folders. after that everything worked like a dream, now just to clean up the DB in XBMC. Laugh

- FNi31 - 2009-10-07

fekker Wrote:FNi31 - nothing else should be required for xbmc to pick up the details
-- check to make sure tvshow.nfo is there as well as an .nfo file for each episode
I figured it out in the end, it was a network problem with my setup. All good now.

But thanks very much for the quick reply, much appriciated. Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-10-08

@fekker -

Still noticing that multipart files are not being auto-renamed? Specifically, movies that utilize filename-cd1.avi. More specifically, jmj-gijoe-cd1.avi and jmj-gijoe-cd2.avi. This is causing a small amount of inconsistency in my library.

- fekker - 2009-10-08

digitalhigh Wrote:@fekker -

Still noticing that multipart files are not being auto-renamed? Specifically, movies that utilize filename-cd1.avi. More specifically, jmj-gijoe-cd1.avi and jmj-gijoe-cd2.avi. This is causing a small amount of inconsistency in my library.

yeah, that ones gonna have to be in umm as mip doesn't have all the details that make it pretty safe to rename/move files.

pre-alpha 1 is in the forums on the site, still lots to do, but it's coming along, be good to have ya onboard for umm.

- azido - 2009-10-08

fekker Wrote:yeah, that ones gonna have to be in umm as mip doesn't have all the details that make it pretty safe to rename/move files.

pre-alpha 1 is in the forums on the site, still lots to do, but it's coming along, be good to have ya onboard for umm.

cool, as i can see you have your forum issues fixed Smile

- fekker - 2009-10-09

azido Wrote:cool, as i can see you have your forum issues fixed Smile

Yup, Montellese got that working about beating up the css for it.

I don't really know how many folks are still using MIP, but for those that are I wanted to give you a heads up that patches and updates are going to be for critical issues only since the code is fairly stable at this point.

Don't think of it as giving up on MIP, think of it as making a much better manager with a whole team of folks Big Grin

-fekker

- hikaricore - 2009-10-10

I still use the tvscraper but do most of my movie nfos myself. Thanks again for your amazing work, you helped turn my messy database of 1400+ movies into a library.
I hope the the umx project will feature a similar cli based tv scraper which is cross platform and doesn't require me to babysit it on every other run. ^_^

Has the issue with images.thetvdb.com been resolved? In earlier versions I had to manually redirect this host to the correct ip.

- dvanburen - 2009-10-13

I have a strange issue with TV shows. In builds 2946 and 2948 any season I have set to DVD order doesn't show up in MIP. Any season set to AIR shows up fine. Is this a new setting I am missing? They all show up fine in 2941, but of course I don't get thumbs :/

- fekker - 2009-10-13

hikaricore Wrote:I still use the tvscraper but do most of my movie nfos myself. Thanks again for your amazing work, you helped turn my messy database of 1400+ movies into a library.
I hope the the umx project will feature a similar cli based tv scraper which is cross platform and doesn't require me to babysit it on every other run. ^_^

Has the issue with images.thetvdb.com been resolved? In earlier versions I had to manually redirect this host to the correct ip.

The new app will have a command line option, one is already in place for thetvdb, and options to pick the scraper will be added when we have those implemented (nicezia is getting real close with full implementation Smile ). It also has a download manager attached to the command line (with or without a gui for the download manager) that allows multiple image downloads and even reports back if something is missing or a link invalid (although i've got some bugs in the logging of that right now)

The images.thetvdb.com has been fixed in the later builds.

Quote:dvanburen - I have a strange issue with TV shows. In builds 2946 and 2948 any season I have set to DVD order doesn't show up in MIP. Any season set to AIR shows up fine. Is this a new setting I am missing? They all show up fine in 2941, but of course I don't get thumbs :/
can you provide me with an example in the 2948 build where it's not working
please include a pastebin of the seasonXX.nfo for whatever season it falls into.
this one is important as the logic of both MIP and UMM is the same, the code is way different, but the logic of how to use that info is shared.

- dvanburen - 2009-10-13

Sure, I'll get it as soon as I get home tonight. I should mention that it scrapes the data just fine and all episodes have nfo files, but the season just doesn't show up in the gui. I manually edited a few nfo files and changed them to AIR from DVD (swapped the true/false tags) and it then shows up on the next run when I load my TV shows.