Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- dvanburen - 2009-10-14

The sample is Lost Season 2.

Here is the season02.nfo generated when DVD (no) is selected:

http://pastebin.com/d389afb22

Here is the season02.nfo generated when AIR (yes) is selected:

http://pastebin.com/d64bf079b

I have to correct my previous statement. It does not generate any tbn/nfo files when DVD is selected. It's as if it doesn't recognize the episodes at all.

I tested this by removing all Season 2 related files and using 'Load Shows' while selecting DVD (no) when prompted. MIP generated the season02.nfo given above, the season02.tbn, and placed the folder.jpg inside the 'Season 2' directory. Of note is that Season 2 did not show up in the gui, presumably because it didn't recognize any episodes. I then removed the files it created and repeated the 'Load Shows' procedure, only this time selecting AIR (yes) at the prompt. This time around it generated the second season02.nfo linked to above, the season02.jpg, the folder.jpg inside the 'Season 2' directory, and all the expected nfo/tbn files for each episode. This time Season 2 did show up in the gui along with all the episodes for Season 2.

If I backup the episode specific nfo files, then drop them back in after selecting DVD order, MIP still does not see any of the episodes (or the entire season in the most cases as there are no episodes). If I had to guess I would say it is a problem with how it is building the episode list when set to DVD, possibly with how the DB is presenting the data. In the case of Lost Season 1 it does happen to pick up episode 25, but no others.

Notes:
1. These all work fine in build 2941
2. This test used build 2948
3. build 2946 seems to exhibit the same behavior as 2948.
4. Files were accessed via a mapped drive to a samba share.
5. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, build 7600.
6. Clean install of 2870, followed by 2946 then 2948 updates.

Thank you for the program, it has made my TV library much more accessible via XBMC.

- fekker - 2009-10-14

dvanburen Wrote:The sample is Lost Season 2.

Here is the season02.nfo generated when DVD (no) is selected:

http://pastebin.com/d389afb22

Here is the season02.nfo generated when AIR (yes) is selected:

http://pastebin.com/d64bf079b

I have to correct my previous statement. It does not generate any tbn/nfo files when DVD is selected. It's as if it doesn't recognize the episodes at all.

I tested this by removing all Season 2 related files and using 'Load Shows' while selecting DVD (no) when prompted. MIP generated the season02.nfo given above, the season02.tbn, and placed the folder.jpg inside the 'Season 2' directory. Of note is that Season 2 did not show up in the gui, presumably because it didn't recognize any episodes. I then removed the files it created and repeated the 'Load Shows' procedure, only this time selecting AIR (yes) at the prompt. This time around it generated the second season02.nfo linked to above, the season02.jpg, the folder.jpg inside the 'Season 2' directory, and all the expected nfo/tbn files for each episode. This time Season 2 did show up in the gui along with all the episodes for Season 2.

If I backup the episode specific nfo files, then drop them back in after selecting DVD order, MIP still does not see any of the episodes (or the entire season in the most cases as there are no episodes). If I had to guess I would say it is a problem with how it is building the episode list when set to DVD, possibly with how the DB is presenting the data. In the case of Lost Season 1 it does happen to pick up episode 25, but no others.

Notes:
1. These all work fine in build 2941
2. This test used build 2948
3. build 2946 seems to exhibit the same behavior as 2948.
4. Files were accessed via a mapped drive to a samba share.
5. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, build 7600.
6. Clean install of 2870, followed by 2946 then 2948 updates.

Thank you for the program, it has made my TV library much more accessible via XBMC.

Ok, here's the problem. the dvd season and episode numbers are missing from thetvdb.com

Usually you can just add them in, however the season is locked so you'll need to post a message to there forums so they can either fix it or unlock the season.

http://www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=73739&seasonid=6346&lid=7&order=dvd

And, the reason that it worked in previous builds was I actually was falling back to the season number listed for the aired order if dvd order failed, which caused problems with episodes where the season number is different.

The best way for these is to get the source fixed up.

This is one of those things where UMM is so much better, in that it will show the episode and season listed in the file for all files, and not just those that matched the sources data.

- Halibutt - 2009-10-14

fekker Wrote:haven't done anything with music, but soon enough i be moving on to that in umX so please remind me Halibutt, i'm sure it's something i spaced.

fekker Wrote:Halibutt - can you pm me the details (or post them) on the music pitfalls in mip, it'll help me not make the same mistakes in umX
I believe I already explained all there is to explain. The problem seems fairly trivial: MIP doesn't recognize albums by various artists properly. Instead of placing them all in one folder (say, "Various artists") and within it sort it by album name, it moves the files to bizarre folders.

For instance, I have a collection called "25 lat listy przebojów Trójki", which is a collection of top songs from the oldest Polish music chart. Numerous CDs and no wonder, various artists. Among the popular artists in the 1980s is a group named Maanam. Of course one of their songs is on the "25 lat listy..." complilation.

Now the funny part. When I auto-move the files, the song by Maanam gets moved and renamed from <collection>\<CD NAME> folder (say "..\Music\25 lat listy przebojów Trójki 1982\Maanam - Some song title.mp3") to Various__<Artist name>__Various Artists\<CD NAME>\Various__<Artist name> (namely "..\Various Maanam Various Artists\25 lat listy przebojów Trójki 1982\Various Maanam Various Artists - Some song title.mp3")

Hope that makes some sense to you.

IMHO the error seems easy to fix, as it's pretty much a matter of wrong definitions (or inability to set my own definitions of how do I want to name my mp3s). I'm using MusicBrainz Picard to tag all my music and all of my mp3s have proper tags set.

BTW, you might want to check how MusicBrainz Picard does rename the files, it works like a charm. It doesn't sort music into folders though, which is why I'd love to see that function working in MIP or some other tool.
Cheers

- dvanburen - 2009-10-14

fekker Wrote:Ok, here's the problem. the dvd season and episode numbers are missing from thetvdb.com

Usually you can just add them in, however the season is locked so you'll need to post a message to there forums so they can either fix it or unlock the season.

http://www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=73739&seasonid=6346&lid=7&order=dvd

And, the reason that it worked in previous builds was I actually was falling back to the season number listed for the aired order if dvd order failed, which caused problems with episodes where the season number is different.

The best way for these is to get the source fixed up.

This is one of those things where UMM is so much better, in that it will show the episode and season listed in the file for all files, and not just those that matched the sources data.

I thought that might be the case, but I wasn't sure as it worked in the earlier build. I'll give UMM a try once the TV portion is feature complete.

- jonzz - 2009-10-14

Hi, just to say a big thank you for this amazing program!

But how can i link it into XBMC, i've got them in MIP and the folder.jpg etcs in the folders but it still scans for ages and doesn't even put them in XBMC, is there something im missing?

- fekker - 2009-10-15

jonzz Wrote:Hi, just to say a big thank you for this amazing program!

But how can i link it into XBMC, i've got them in MIP and the folder.jpg etcs in the folders but it still scans for ages and doesn't even put them in XBMC, is there something im missing?

Please provide an example of your folder and file names
also what build of xbmc are you using?

- Halibutt - 2009-10-15

jonzz Wrote:But how can i link it into XBMC, i've got them in MIP and the folder.jpg etcs in the folders but it still scans for ages and doesn't even put them in XBMC, is there something im missing?
Are you sure you're pointing the XBMC to the same media folders you've used MIP on? I'm asking not because I think you're dumb, but because that was the reason why MIP didn't work for me in the beginning Big Grin
Cheers

- jonzz - 2009-10-15

fekker Wrote:Please provide an example of your folder and file names
also what build of xbmc are you using?

Hi,

thats the layout im using, as you can see everything is one folder!

I've no idea why it isnt working? The build of xbmc im using is the "XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2.exe" version. Is there something i have to check in XBMC to make it look at the HDD rather than scrape off the internet?

Cheers

- fekker - 2009-10-15

jonzz Wrote:Hi,

thats the layout im using, as you can see everything is one folder!

I've no idea why it isnt working? The build of xbmc im using is the "XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2.exe" version. Is there something i have to check in XBMC to make it look at the HDD rather than scrape off the internet?

Cheers

please pastebin the tvshow.nfo
(http://www.pastebin.com > paste in text > submit > copy URL from browser address bar)
also can we see the files in the season 1 folder

- jonzz - 2009-10-15

http://pastebin.com/m1da6a936

There you goSmile Hope it helps!

- azido - 2009-10-16

fekker,

you remember some days ago i asked you to remove writing of any meta data into nfo from the tvshow section of MIP. You provided update 2948 to do exactly that when "Scan Episode Media and gather Media Information" is unticked.

that works good, as long as you just scrape the show, maybe assign a fanart. BUT - if you change something that should go into nfo (like plot or episode name) and save changes, again the metadata info goes into nfo as well.

Can you just disable the whole meta data engine completely by request? Like it's only present when you tick that scan media option, and even not part of the episode details when checking them.

As long as there is no editing capability inside MIP that let me set the way metadata gets written into nfo (like it is in EMM) i really don't want MIP to handle metadata at all.

thanks..

- fekker - 2009-10-16

jonzz
your tv shows and episodes look fine
try updating to a newer build of xbmc, if it still doesn't work, post a question in the general windows forums as it doesn't look like mip is doing anything incorrectly there.

azido
could i add it, sure, am i going to add it, hmm.. well since it's not really a feature request, but a bug when saving and having that option enabled, i'll see about getting that fixed up.

- Doomstone - 2009-10-16

I having problems with you program it crashes constatly while loading movies and/or series.
Also it dose not remember the loadet movie/series between sessions.

- fekker - 2009-10-16

Doomstone Wrote:I having problems with you program it crashes constatly while loading movies and/or series.
Also it dose not remember the loadet movie/series between sessions.

a few things that we will need to know
- what os are you running?
- 32/64bit?
- what build of the program are you running?
- when does it "crash" and what does the dialog look like? (screenshots ok)

mip has no database, it uses your files and reads the information from them, so there's no way for it to remember what's what, but scans are generally very fast.

here's some general answers
if your running vista 64bit, it's not going to work right
if your running windows 7, it's prob a permissions issue on the mip install folder, change permissions to full control for the user your logged in as
if your running windows xp, 64 bit, and didn't select the install option for 64bit, you'll need to grab the mediainfo.dll from sourceforge (google it) that's for 64bit
if your running a old build, please update to the latest test build (folks here can point ya in the right direction, it's up on mip's website, in the download section)

other then that, it should not be crashing.

- azido - 2009-10-16

fekker Wrote:azido
could i add it, sure, am i going to add it, hmm.. well since it's not really a feature request, but a bug when saving and having that option enabled, i'll see about getting that fixed up.

that would be fine.

btw: anyone knows what happened to themoviedb.org? no connection the whole day.