Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-11-17

digitalhigh Wrote:Hey, I can test UMM...between mixing tracks from my band and playing Assassin's Creed 2. Wink

cool, hit up our forums, we are testing build 3 at the moment, with more builds coming after we get the core cleaned up and API's more standardized.

for mip and win 7, if you have a cpu with virtualization, mip runs great in Virtual XP mode Big Grin .. win 7 32bit is fine, win 7 64bit is slow, but will eventually startup.

- kees667 - 2009-11-17

Great to hear this! was wondering if it was just my setup...takes ages to start. are there any workarounds? I tried compatibility mode for xp, admin rights but havent found one yet.

fekker Wrote:for mip .... win 7 64bit is slow, but will eventually startup.

- ymee - 2009-11-17

guys,

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I press "Load Shows" it fetches all the info for all my TV shows rather than the ones that were newly added or ones that are missing information. Is there any way to have it load info for just the newly added TV shows?

- lestat1977uk - 2009-11-18

Having a problem with 2952, after it loads all the tv shows it crashes?

im running it on server 2008 64 bit but i installed the 32 bit version as x64 is really slow??

- fekker - 2009-11-18

ymee Wrote:guys,

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I press "Load Shows" it fetches all the info for all my TV shows rather than the ones that were newly added or ones that are missing information. Is there any way to have it load info for just the newly added TV shows?

sorta, you can tell it to ignore the shows you already have configured by adding a file to the tv show folder
- option to ingore folder (add file named "noscan" (with no extension) to the tv show folder and MIP will ignore everything there.

the way mip was designed, it checks everything when you tell it to load the items as it did not have a database of information about your collection (UMM has this option)

Quote:lestat1977uk Having a problem with 2952, after it loads all the tv shows it crashes?

im running it on server 2008 64 bit but i installed the 32 bit version as x64 is really slow??
what error are you getting, i'm gonna take a guess that it's something to do with a missing .xml file for the tv show information since thetvdb has been down for a few days.

The issue with 64bit and Mip is with the component factory krypton toolkit, that's what gives mip it's fancy look, and in turn has been a real bugger.

I know Mip's got some issues with tv shows, but hang in there until we get UMM out there for your tv shows, it's one of my main focus items in the core of the project and works heaps better then mip.

- azido - 2009-11-18

fekker Wrote:I know Mip's got some issues with tv shows, but hang in there until we get UMM out there for your tv shows, it's one of my main focus items in the core of the project and works heaps better then mip.

mind having a link exchange between http://www.showmix-project.com (our skin project) and the umm website?

maybe to add it like a featured resource and in turn get the same back to your site by us.

just an idea.

- kees667 - 2009-11-20

A few pages ago I tried to get house loaded, but finally gave up. After that I got twin peaks working (with help) and learned more about file formatting. So I want to try house again.

Folder is:
Z:\Series\House\Season 1\

The folder contains these files (filenames copy pasted):
House.s01e01-02-03-04.iso
House.s01e05-06-07-08.iso
House.s01e09-10-11-12.iso
House.s01e13-14-15-16.iso
House.s01e17-18-19-20.iso
House.s01e21-22.iso

There are only three other files in this folder: folder.jpg, fanart.jpg and banner.jpg. A level higher (Z:\Series\House\) I also only have these three jpg files.

When I run MIP I choose dvd order (no) for all seasons of house (as these are dvd iso's).

I can then choose HOUSE, Season 1, but will only see episode 10 and 20 ingreen, the rest is all in red in the lower left corner. Any suggestions?

Still

- kees667 - 2009-11-20

Wow, I just solved my own problem Huh After trying once more I decided to delete all nfo files (keeping only iso and jpg) and select aired order (which to me is completely illogical when using a dvd iso set)....and that did the trick.

- jkeysers - 2009-11-22

I'm a complete noob to MIP, so I hope none of these questions are too supid, but i'm having a few problems that I was hoping I could get help with. I decided to get the feel for MIP by just scanning a few movies (7 all up) and see how it did. I didnt do too well.
1. After each movie has begun scanning, it stops and says something like "More than one movie was found in the search, pick the correct one or cancel adding this movie". At this point I have to choose the movie from a list. Is there a way to automate this process so I dont have to do this? It will take me an eternity if I have to confirm each movie scanned. As it is, it's taking me about 5-10 minutes to get through the 7 movies i'm testing with.
2. When I do the scan, I only seem to get NFOs and fanart for all the movies. Folder.jpg posters dont work, nor do tbn thumbnail files, despite me having these option checked. The only movie it works for out of my test ones is Wall-E, which incidentally is the newest movie i'm testing with.

Aside from that it seems OK. I'll keep playing...

- digitalhigh - 2009-11-22

fekker Wrote:cool, hit up our forums, we are testing build 3 at the moment, with more builds coming after we get the core cleaned up and API's more standardized.

for mip and win 7, if you have a cpu with virtualization, mip runs great in Virtual XP mode Big Grin .. win 7 32bit is fine, win 7 64bit is slow, but will eventually startup.

Registered...says there are no forum topics.

- mkoby - 2009-11-22

I'm running MIP version 2952 and there seems to be an issue with TV Show parsing.

I have all my TV shows in a folder like this

\\NASDevice\video\tvshows
-Clerks - Animated Series\
--Season 01\
---clerks_animated_series.s01e01.Episode_Title.avi
---clerks_animated_series.s01e02.Episode_Title.avi
---clerks_animated_series.s01e03.Episode_Title.avi
-Firefly
--Season 01
---firefly.s01e01.Serenity.avi
---firefly.s01e02.Train_Job.avi
-Weeds
--Season 01
---weeds.s01e01.Can't Miss the Bear.avi

For some reason it won't actually parse down through the folders and find the various seasons and episodes. It's worked fine for me in the past, just recently added Weeds and now it won't work. I tried renaming the files to have underscores instead of spaces but to no avail. It won't actually parse any deeper than the show folder (into the Season folders).

Any suggestions on what might be happening here?

- ptmuldoon - 2009-11-23

I searched the entire thread, but didn't see a clear answer.

Does Media Info Plus support extrathumbs for the Aeon Showmix and other skins that use them?

- fekker - 2009-11-23

mkoby Wrote:I'm running MIP version 2952 and there seems to be an issue with TV Show parsing.

I have all my TV shows in a folder like this

\\NASDevice\video\tvshows
-Clerks - Animated Series\
--Season 01\
---clerks_animated_series.s01e01.Episode_Title.avi
---clerks_animated_series.s01e02.Episode_Title.avi
---clerks_animated_series.s01e03.Episode_Title.avi
-Firefly
--Season 01
---firefly.s01e01.Serenity.avi
---firefly.s01e02.Train_Job.avi
-Weeds
--Season 01
---weeds.s01e01.Can't Miss the Bear.avi

For some reason it won't actually parse down through the folders and find the various seasons and episodes. It's worked fine for me in the past, just recently added Weeds and now it won't work. I tried renaming the files to have underscores instead of spaces but to no avail. It won't actually parse any deeper than the show folder (into the Season folders).

Any suggestions on what might be happening here?
try clearing the temp files
mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything

- Halibutt - 2009-11-23

Okay, I ran into a problem (this time unrelated to music). I got this tv show (a mini-series) in DVD format. That is each episode is a separate DVD image (vob/bup/ifo files). For obvious reasons I can't copy all files into one folder, as one would overwrite the others (files have uniform names on DVDs), so I grouped them as follows: ..\Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową\Series 1\Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową - S01E01 - Ucieczka\VIDEO_TS.VOB is episode 1, ..\Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową\Series 1\Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową - S01E02 - Za bronią\VIDEO_TS.VOB is episode 2 and so on.

Now when I try to load my tv shows into MIP (2914), it tells me
Code:
No show data exists for the following shows:
Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową

Any ideas?
Cheers

- jkeysers - 2009-11-24

jkeysers Wrote:1. After each movie has begun scanning, it stops and says something like "More than one movie was found in the search, pick the correct one or cancel adding this movie". At this point I have to choose the movie from a list. Is there a way to automate this process so I dont have to do this? It will take me an eternity if I have to confirm each movie scanned. As it is, it's taking me about 5-10 minutes to get through the 7 movies i'm testing with.

I sorted out my other problems, but I still cant sort this one out, which means it will take me days to scan my movie library.

Last night I decided to try and do a TV scan, everything worked except it didnt download episode thumbnails, even though I had the box checked.

Anyone able to help me out with those couple of things?