Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-01

deano72 Wrote:I wonder if anyone can point me in the direction of correctly installing mip with wine on osx.
I have installed darwine 1.1.17 and tried to install the setup.exe and it fails to install.
Does anyone have any links to adding this with darwine (or other variants of wine)?
Cheers,
Dean
should be the same or close to the install under linux.. there's some details in the MIP wiki

you can also use the portable version of MIP (up on sourceforge).. it's basically MIP without an installer.. and then update to 2825.

you'll need .net 2 installed under wine, details in wiki

If ya could document any steps required as your going, it would be good data for the other osx users as well.

- djh_ - 2009-04-01

Any idea why I can't get this studio field flagging working in the latest build? It seems to do everything else alright but the studio just has the studio, nothing more.

- fekker - 2009-04-01

kiboy6 Wrote:Yeah, posters and fanart I guess...I didn't chose the "install image magick" option, and I was wondering if I'd need to with Windows XBMC use in mind.

Image magick will be used more and more in MIP as things progress. It's super powerfull. I'll try to get it embedded at some point so that a separate install is not necessary.

Features that use Image Magick:
HD Tagging (putting the image on the poster, or show information)
Background Resizing
Background Compression

Poster Compression will be added and use Image Magick as well.

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-01

Fekker -

Can I update the new tagging info to TV shows by running TVShowUpdate.exe?

- fekker - 2009-04-01

djh_ Wrote:Any idea why I can't get this studio field flagging working in the latest build? It seems to do everything else alright but the studio just has the studio, nothing more.

MIP's gui won't show the changes until the movies are reloaded. (click load movies button), even when it's in the .nfo file.

It does a copy of the studio field to another field in the movie object, and then when writing the .nfo file, puts the string together.. the gui doesn't update as it's not aware of the change to the .nfo file. This only happens for existing movies, and only once that it won't show up.

- fekker - 2009-04-01

digitalhigh Wrote:Fekker -

Can I update the new tagging info to TV shows by running TVShowUpdate.exe?

Yup, that should work as long as you have the overwrite .nfo for episodes enabled.

(That would prob be a nice parameter for the tvshow update command.. the overwrite flag.. )

- djh_ - 2009-04-01

Tried reloading. No dice. Checked the nfo files themselves and studio is still just studio.

- fekker - 2009-04-01

andyblac Wrote:mpaa still not working in autopilot, it show up whilst scanning (in grey). but the when you click on a movie the field is blank, also when you manually click on refresh button it does fill the info but not to stark specs ie missing "Rated " text.

btw thanks for all the hard you guy's are doing

Andy.

Are ya using the certification option for MPAA data? I didn't append any text to that, it's just the certification from imdb.. should it be "Rating: <code>" for all languages?

- fekker - 2009-04-01

djh_ Wrote:Tried reloading. No dice. Checked the nfo files themselves and studio is still just studio.

If you open an movie and click on the refresh button in the information area(in the right side of the screen) does it then mod the .nfo file?

- djh_ - 2009-04-01

Nope.

- fekker - 2009-04-01

djh_ Wrote:Nope.

let me add the same field level copy to autopilot's media update instead of just the .nfo write .. i'll have a update in a few minutes with that in place.

Updated 2826
- added addtional check to recreate studio data into autopilot media update only routine
http://www.mediafire.com/?j1rjnunnmmw

Notes on 2826 and 2825 builds
build 2826
updated autopilot to add additional check for studio flagging support during auto-pilot media update only routine

build 2825
- Major changes to backend code to prevent .nfo files from being overwritten by MIP when they are not valid info files. Brings the imdb to .nfo data into a more modular concept which will allow more options to be implemented easier at a later time
- Pre-cache will now prompt for movie selection if no information about that movie was found in an .nfo file (in other words, it works like the other areas of MIP now)
- Moved skin based flagging into the studio field and changed the delimiters so it will also group that data in xbmc, allows xbmc option, via studio selection, to pick all movies based on a media flag.

- Hitcher - 2009-04-01

djh_ Wrote:Tried reloading. No dice. Checked the nfo files themselves and studio is still just studio.

Silly question maybe but did you enable 'Support skin based flagging' in the General options tab.

fekker Wrote:let me add the same field level copy to autopilot's media update instead of just the .nfo write .. i'll have a update in a few minutes with that in place.

Updated 2826
- added addtional check to recreate studio data into autopilot media update only routine
http://www.mediafire.com/?j1rjnunnmmw

Notes on 2826 and 2825 builds
build 2826
updated autopilot to add additional check for studio flagging support during auto-pilot media update only routine

build 2825
- Major changes to backend code to prevent .nfo files from being overwritten by MIP when they are not valid info files. Brings the imdb to .nfo data into a more modular concept which will allow more options to be implemented easier at a later time
- Pre-cache will now prompt for movie selection if no information about that movie was found in an .nfo file (in other words, it works like the other areas of MIP now)
- Moved skin based flagging into the studio field and changed the delimiters so it will also group that data in xbmc, allows xbmc option, via studio selection, to pick all movies based on a media flag.

My nfo's are coming back as:

(for the movie "21")

Code:
<credits>Columbia_Pictures - SDp MPEG Audio 2ch </credits>
  <director>Robert Luketic</director>
  <premiered />
  <status />
  <studio> / SDp / MPEG Audio / 2ch / </studio>

But after creating one from scratch, I see that the fields are correct. So I need to just make all new .nfo files for my movies. No biggie.

I look on TMDB at the movie "21", however, and I see that the field "author" has " Peter Steinfeld, Allan Loeb" filled out. This is what should be in the "writer field" in the .nfo.

Looks good. I'll finish updating my library, rescan, and letcha know how everything goes.

- fekker - 2009-04-01

digitalhigh Wrote:My nfo's are coming back as:

(for the movie "21")

Code:
<credits>Columbia_Pictures - SDp MPEG Audio 2ch </credits>
  <director>Robert Luketic</director>
  <premiered />
  <status />
  <studio> / SDp / MPEG Audio / 2ch / </studio>

But after creating one from scratch, I see that the fields are correct. So I need to just make all new .nfo files for my movies. No biggie.

I look on TMDB at the movie "21", however, and I see that the field "author" has " Peter Steinfeld, Allan Loeb" filled out. This is what should be in the "writer field" in the .nfo.

Looks good. I'll finish updating my library, rescan, and letcha know how everything goes.
I was hopeing to avoid the rescan requirement, however there's so many checks to not loose modified data, rescanning the imdb data might be needed if tags get out of sync.

Does it have the <studioreal> tag in that .nfo file? if so does it have the studio name in it? (for ones that are messed up)

Update: try running 2826's autopilot with update media info only and see if that sorts it out.

EDIT:

Just re-ran autopilot again, and this is the output from the new new version:

<tagline>His fear began when he woke up alone. His terror began when he realised he wasn't.</tagline>
<runtime>113 min</runtime>
<thumb />
<fanart url="http://www.themoviedb.org/" />
<playcount />
<File />
<Path />
<filenameandpath />
<id>tt0289043</id>
<genre>Horror / Sci-Fi / Thriller</genre>
<credits>British_Film_Council - SDp MPEG Audio 2ch </credits>
<director>Danny Boyle</director>
<premiered />