Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- diemos - 2009-04-02

sorry if this has been answered, but did anyone get MIP to work in Windows 7?

- smcnally75 - 2009-04-02

It runs for me in Windows7

- fekker - 2009-04-02

Just tested in a VM of windows 7, worked with no special config required.
32 bit, i don't have the 64bit version (or a box that would run that)

- fekker - 2009-04-02

ethan_9219 Wrote:Okay...So i just check my region (Australia) and it uses the info from there? How about the certification images?

Correct on getting the rating.. for the images, I dont' have anything like that in MIP, although ... might be handy for something..

Skin support by Digitalhigh and djh_ would prob have more info one those items.. unless I'm just off my rocker and don't understand the questions.. i have been up a long time at this point.

so here's how i pull that data.. when i parse imdb i get a list of all the areas and the "certification" data.. I use a regex to isolate the part of that data that matches what's picked in the configuration, and then parse the string for just the data, then i concat that with "Rating: " so it'll work in skins (I think i added that Rating part in the last test build)..

While the list is nowhere near the size of the lang list, i think i got the main ones i saw on imdb. (The language list for media info is hundreds of languages, all used to get the 3 digit lang code, that code is for media flagging in xbmc when it's natively supported and is why the subtitles are audio lang are 3 chars long)

- ethan_9219 - 2009-04-02

fekker Wrote:Correct on getting the rating.. for the images, I dont' have anything like that in MIP, although ... might be handy for something..

Skin support by Digitalhigh and djh_ would prob have more info one those items.. unless I'm just off my rocker and don't understand the questions.. i have been up a long time at this point.

Okay...I understand the ratings part...Thanks for implementing that. Region-specific ratings will be great.

As for the images, because the ratings are different than US MPAA ones, i think it would be better to use the classification images that we use here rather than MPAA American ones that don't match...

Sorry if this doesn't really make any sense...More often than not, i don't.

- bobrap - 2009-04-02

MrDVD Wrote:Check your config.xml and edit it to
Code:
<tv_showwgetwindows>false</tv_showwgetwindows>

maybe this help.

Thanks, that did the trick.Big Grin

- akmofo - 2009-04-02

Do I need to PreCache before running autopilot? I ran autopilot, and it created .NFO files (and showed the fanart at the same time). However, when I look in the directory, only the .nfo files are there, no images. Am I doing something wrong?

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-02

ethan_9219 Wrote:Okay...So i just check my region (Australia) and it uses the info from there? How about the certification images?

I just need to know what the specific rating string is to look for, and I'd be more than happy to implement a Australian rating imageset.

- ethan_9219 - 2009-04-02

digitalhigh Wrote:I just need to know what the specific rating string is to look for, and I'd be more than happy to implement a Australian rating imageset.

I'm more than glad to help with anything...But my technical knowledge is next to NONELaugh... What are you referring to when saying specific rating string? Do you mean the Australian ratings as opposed to MPAA?

Forgive me...

- akmofo - 2009-04-02

Hmm.. reverted back to 2801 from 2831 and it created the image files this time...

- webmosher - 2009-04-02

Hi Fekker,

2831 seems to be working pretty nicely. Since I figured this would fix a few of my problems after trying out some individual NFO refreshes, I decided its time to do an auto pilot. I've found that the auto will remove the MPAA rating from all the NFOs as it cruises along. I looked at the NFO itself, and the <mpaa> tag is just completely missing on the new files. If I go to one individually and refresh, it fixes it.

Edit: Also, not sure if you are aware, but the MPAA ratings being used currently in MIP are not compatible with Aeon Stark. Stark is using "Rated <n>", and MIP is saving "<n>". I personally just like the straight rating, but the skin XML needs some slight modifications to fix this. If the simple rating will be kept, let me know, and I will post a fix to the Aeon forum for those that are using these MIP ratings (if someone doesn't beat me to it).

Edit2: And, there are some odd situations where the MPAA rating changes over time. Here is an extreme case with Dr. No: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055928/ Originally rated "Approved", then GP (1971) then PG (1994). If there is a need to maintain all of these ratings, I might suggest some sort of separator for them. You may also note that some countries have regional ratings internally. Canada has ratings separate between Quebec, Nova Scotia and the remaining provinces. Its probably not a crucial issue right away. I don't believe the ratings in Aeon are localized right now.

Edit3: Maybe related to the original auto-pilot: The most recent auto pilot appended the tagging information to the studio field. I know this is expected, but its the display of this information that is inconsistent. When I load up one of the recent auto-pilot NFO's, I see the tagging data embedded in the field in the GUI. An example: "Touchstone Pictures / SDp / AC-3 / 6ch / ". If I refresh the NFO manually, the embedded info is removed, and only the studio remains. Example: "Touchstone Pictures". The info in the Media Information window shows the correct tagging information regardless of the info displayed in the studio field. Hopefully this is clear enough. I suspect this has a root cause similar to the MPAA rating issue as well.

Also, a feature request if you decide this would be useful: A few of my movies have multiple audio streams. For some reason, my DVD ripper decided to put some of the commentary streams first, so the stream does not match the movie audio in the tags. If there was a way to modify the tag(s) manually, that would be very nice.

Thanks

- Dilligaf - 2009-04-02

Is there any way to ignore folders, I have my movies stored in folders on the root of 2 drives, when I scan them into the library the scan stops at the "system volume information" folder and doesn't get any movies after. When I run auto pilot I get an error that file is not accessible. I want to ignore 'system volume information" and recycler. Thanks for all the hard work.

Mike

- fekker - 2009-04-02

webmosher Wrote:Hi Fekker,

2831 seems to be working pretty nicely. Since I figured this would fix a few of my problems after trying out some individual NFO refreshes, I decided its time to do an auto pilot. I've found that the auto will remove the MPAA rating from all the NFOs as it cruises along. I looked at the NFO itself, and the <mpaa> tag is just completely missing on the new files. If I go to one individually and refresh, it fixes it.

Edit: Also, not sure if you are aware, but the MPAA ratings being used currently in MIP are not compatible with Aeon Stark. Stark is using "Rated <n>", and MIP is saving "<n>". I personally just like the straight rating, but the skin XML needs some slight modifications to fix this. If the simple rating will be kept, let me know, and I will post a fix to the Aeon forum for those that are using these MIP ratings (if someone doesn't beat me to it).

Edit2: And, there are some odd situations where the MPAA rating changes over time. Here is an extreme case with Dr. No: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055928/ Originally rated "Approved", then GP (1971) then PG (1994). If there is a need to maintain all of these ratings, I might suggest some sort of separator for them. You may also note that some countries have regional ratings internally. Canada has ratings separate between Quebec, Nova Scotia and the remaining provinces. Its probably not a crucial issue right away. I don't believe the ratings in Aeon are localized right now.

Edit3: Maybe related to the original auto-pilot: The most recent auto pilot appended the tagging information to the studio field. I know this is expected, but its the display of this information that is inconsistent. When I load up one of the recent auto-pilot NFO's, I see the tagging data embedded in the field in the GUI. An example: "Touchstone Pictures / SDp / AC-3 / 6ch / ". If I refresh the NFO manually, the embedded info is removed, and only the studio remains. Example: "Touchstone Pictures". The info in the Media Information window shows the correct tagging information regardless of the info displayed in the studio field. Hopefully this is clear enough. I suspect this has a root cause similar to the MPAA rating issue as well.

Also, a feature request if you decide this would be useful: A few of my movies have multiple audio streams. For some reason, my DVD ripper decided to put some of the commentary streams first, so the stream does not match the movie audio in the tags. If there was a way to modify the tag(s) manually, that would be very nice.

Thanks
rating in coming next build, it's there, just not in the last test build that was released.

certification will just pull whatever matches the string, i'm guessing some folks will modify per movie basis if things go all crazy like with it being changed. i think it only list the current one on imdb, but could be wrong.

for #3 it's just a display issue, the data is written correctly, but how it's displayed in the gui is off.. if you look in the .nfo it's there, also if you load the movies again, it'll show up.. just need to modify the active object in mem when that item is refreshed.. consider it a bug

once the media info stabilizes and everything is in there, i'll open it up for editing from the gui, i figure there will be more changes when hd flagging is incorporated.. i'll see about something though

to ignore folders
create a text file in the folder called specialfolder.nfo (doesn't have to contain anything) that tell's the app to ignore it.
although those should already be ignored by default, so it's a bug

- turbinez - 2009-04-02

ok question, i have all my media stored on my desktop powermac g5... streamed over to xbmc via SMB share...

I installed MIP2 onto my macbook pro which is the only intel mac I have, i am using xp sp3 on vmware fusion. Now when i start up MIP2 on my macbook pro, how do I set the path if its stored on my other mac over a samba share? I tried entering in smb://192.168.1.5/user/desktop/media/movies and it wouldnt let me add

sorta confused now. can someone please help.

- midgetspy - 2009-04-02

Hmm I just spent the last hour trying to figure out how MIP works - I give up. All I want MIP to do is take the existing NFO files for my movies and update the studio field with the Aeon-style Media Info.

I have my movies all in a single folder. Each one has <moviename>.nfo already generated and hand-customized. No matter what I try I can't seem to get MIP to use the information already in the current NFO, it always tries scraping the movie and making a new NFO using the IMDB info.

Is there any way to make MIP simply update the media info in the existing NFO rather than re-scraping the movie from scratch?

Note: To be clear, the "Media info only" button which just erases the whole NFO except the media info. It's as though MIP doesn't know the NFOs already exist - it doesn't show the existing NFO info in the program either, just the info it tries to scrape from the cached IMDB stuff.