Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- parena - 2009-04-02

fekker Wrote:Ran cleanname on title and on actor name, that should strip out or change chars to something human readable.. well hopefully Big Grin

You should use CDATA in your xml, that will make it behave properly. I'm using that for my own app as well.

Code:
<tag><![CDATA[Data with & and ' and whätévèr]]></tag>

XBMC understands and you don't need to strip anything or put html entities in there.

- fekker - 2009-04-02

midgetspy Wrote:Hmm I just spent the last hour trying to figure out how MIP works - I give up. All I want MIP to do is take the existing NFO files for my movies and update the studio field with the Aeon-style Media Info.

I have my movies all in a single folder. Each one has <moviename>.nfo already generated and hand-customized. No matter what I try I can't seem to get MIP to use the information already in the current NFO, it always tries scraping the movie and making a new NFO using the IMDB info.

Is there any way to make MIP simply update the media info in the existing NFO rather than re-scraping the movie from scratch?

Note: To be clear, the "Media info only" button which just erases the whole NFO except the media info. It's as though MIP doesn't know the NFOs already exist - it doesn't show the existing NFO info in the program either, just the info it tries to scrape from the cached IMDB stuff.
can you pastebin an example .nfo and the movie filename, i'll isolate the problem.

- mindweaver - 2009-04-02

Hi

Nice to see how much work you put into this. What I can't figure out is why none of these windows scraper programs are as good as the xbmc scraper. I have my movies organized like this.

Top directory is called "Movies"
then all movies in their own subdir. All have scene release names. Then some movies are unpacked some are not (xbmc handles rared movies great, something I don't believe MC or MIP does). but let's keep this example to movies that I have unpacked!

-> Movies
--> Battle.In.Seattle.720p.Bluray.x264-SEPTiC
---> bis-septic.720p.bluray.dts.mkv
---> bis-septic.720p.bluray.dts.nfo
---> bis-septic.720p.bluray.dts.tbn
---> bis-septic.720p.bluray.dts-fanart.jpg

Now to my problem. What MIP should do is clean the folder name to get the actual movie name "Battle In Seattle" then scan the folder for files. As you see it already has all the files needed (exported from xbmc). It should use the existing files! and if I make changes it should overwrite the files.

What it does (MIP) is that it creates new files? based on the folder name, which is why MIP is a dealbreaker for me. I would love to use it to add media flags but I can't since it does not support xbmc way of scraping/naming.

this is what MIP does with my folder after I have clicked Battle.In.Seattle.720p.Bluray.x264-SEPTiC in the movie list:

-> Movies
---> Battle In Seattle 720p Bluray x264-SEPTiC.nfo
---> Battle In Seattle 720p Bluray x264-SEPTiC.tbn
---> Battle In Seattle 720p Bluray x264-SEPTiC-fanart.jpg
---> bis-septic.720p.bluray.dts.nfo.oldversion

EDIT: It should use the video file name as reference, not the folder name. Same happens when you have a rared release. It creates fanart, tbn, nfo with the folder name not the name of the videofile inside the rars.

EDIT2: And as midgetspy said. Why can't it use the fanart, tbn and nfo that I already have in my folder? It always overwrites it with its own scanned version.

That is a mess Smile Any way to fix it?

EDIT3: What is the url to your SVN? I'm more of a c# programmer but would be nice to have a look at the code Smile

- mindweaver - 2009-04-02

EDIT: removed by myself.

- pletopia - 2009-04-02

anyone else getting this error "...Conversion from string "2.353" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format..."

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mediainfoplus
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.2831
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.2831
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/mediainfoplus/mediainfoplus.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
    Assembly Version: 3.0.10.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.10.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/mediainfoplus/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL
TabControlEX
    Assembly Version: 0.0.3216.38616
    Win32 Version: 0.0.3216.38616
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/mediainfoplus/TabControlEX.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
u8vyh8hk
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
8tvlmbpp
miplibfc
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1.2800
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1.2800
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/mediainfoplus/miplibfc.DLL
imxvkwjl

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- Ayla - 2009-04-02

Fekker;

I tried reading the wiki, but I still don't quite get the difference between Auto Pilot and PreCache?

I noticed that PreCache respects the settings I have set up in the MIP settings, so I can get TMDB posters for example. That is very nice and what I want, but PreCache is much worse at guessing the correct moviename on IMDB:

With Auto Pilot I was asked to pick my movie from the "there are more movies with the same name" dialog, about 10 times (out of 200 movies).

With PreCache it asks me to pick from a list on more than half of the movies(!) - It takes forever to do a full scan like that and makes it unusable for large collections.

I would really like to do an auto scan of my whole movie collection, but with the best poster quality (TMDB) and without having to pick the movie name from a list more than half of the times.

Any ideas?

And thanks again for a great program and very fast support in this thread Smile

Subtitles - HappyGoLucky - 2009-04-02

Hi there -- is there any way to just grab SRT files for my movies and tv shows, without getting any other additional items (NFO, fanart, etc.)?

Thanks!

isn't getting episode thumbs - Kilack - 2009-04-02

Hi,

Am I doing something wrong? recently it seems MIP has stopped getting episode thumbs. I check on thetvdb.com and they are definitely there but mip seems to just get the folder.jpg, the .nfo for each episode but no episode.tbn files..

I just load mip and then click load tv, I also notice that each time it downloads about 3,000 files during the precache stage, if i reboot my pc and do this 5 minutes later it downloads them all again, is that how it is meant to work?

This is using 1.0.0.2448 and also tried 2801, "download tv episode thumbs" is ticked.
(startrek - voyager, season 1 is an example, where it got all the correct .nfo files but not a single thumb for any episode..)

cheeeers

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-02

ethan_9219 Wrote:I'm more than glad to help with anything...But my technical knowledge is next to NONELaugh... What are you referring to when saying specific rating string? Do you mean the Australian ratings as opposed to MPAA?

Forgive me...

NEVAH!! I SHALL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!! Big Grin

Howabout this. Take and gather up...IDK, 6-10 .nfo files from various movies in your collection. Zip them. Upload them to mediafire. PM me the link. Then I can look at how your Aussie ratings will be returned and see what I need to look for in order to pull up the right image. Wink

@fekker - Running the new TV update now...looks like it will work for sure this time. This means I'll be spending the next few hours scanning in the new .nfo files so I can test against them. Neato. Nice work.

- MrTourettes - 2009-04-02

OK I am stuck on something. I am posting this here to start with incase its something to do with MIP. If it is not I will then create a thread somewhere else until I find what has happened.

Everything was working fine a couple of days ago but I got home today and did some updates.

MIP Updated with build 2831
XCMC install Rev 19102
Stark v091

I when through one directory of movies in MIP and checked all posters, info, etc etc and all was ok.

I Deleted the movie database and added a new source.
Inported all movies in that source to library.

Now when I browse through movies im getting about 80% of them ok but some are just coming up with stupi info.

Philidelphia for example. Has posters and fanart which was set in MIP but the info is saying its Michael Palin's Great Rqailway Journeys.

Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on here?

EDIT : OK problem solved. I deleted all files from movie dir except movie and poster. Re loaded into MIP. This prompted with an IMDB selection choice. Form here I selected the film and all worked.

Even though MIP showed information correct before it seems something was a miss somewhere

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-02

MrTourettes Wrote:OK I am stuck on something. I am posting this here to start with incase its something to do with MIP. If it is not I will then create a thread somewhere else until I find what has happened.

Everything was working fine a couple of days ago but I got home today and did some updates.

MIP Updated with build 2831
XCMC install Rev 19102
Stark v091

I when through one directory of movies in MIP and checked all posters, info, etc etc and all was ok.

I Deleted the movie database and added a new source.
Inported all movies in that source to library.

Now when I browse through movies im getting about 80% of them ok but some are just coming up with stupi info.

Philidelphia for example. Has posters and fanart which was set in MIP but the info is saying its Michael Palin's Great Rqailway Journeys.

Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on here?

Did you remember to check "use folder name for lookups" under "set content"? The XBMC WIKI says that this is the only way to make it scrape .nfo's for the data. If you didn't scrape the .nfo, then you could very well get an awesome movie title like "Michael Palin's Great Railway Journey's". Hell, I may just go download that now to see what it's all about. Wink

- beavis - 2009-04-02

Hello,

I'm new with MIP2 and been having problems it downloads all the images and nfo files right but when I try using the tag button I get an error every time.
I'm running it on Windows XP and my movie(s) are saved on my ReadyNAS (Network Access Storage Unit). I'm unable to figure it out. I try using it with the tag and reloading XBMC to see if it finds the tags but they not show eg BluRay,720p or DTS. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

- webmosher - 2009-04-02

fekker Wrote:rating in coming next build, it's there, just not in the last test build that was released.

certification will just pull whatever matches the string, i'm guessing some folks will modify per movie basis if things go all crazy like with it being changed. i think it only list the current one on imdb, but could be wrong.

for #3 it's just a display issue, the data is written correctly, but how it's displayed in the gui is off.. if you look in the .nfo it's there, also if you load the movies again, it'll show up.. just need to modify the active object in mem when that item is refreshed.. consider it a bug

once the media info stabilizes and everything is in there, i'll open it up for editing from the gui, i figure there will be more changes when hd flagging is incorporated.. i'll see about something though

to ignore folders
create a text file in the folder called specialfolder.nfo (doesn't have to contain anything) that tell's the app to ignore it.
although those should already be ignored by default, so it's a bug

Looks like you're on top of things as usual, so I will be patient and wait. Thanks for the quick turn around on cobbling the media flagging into MIP so quickly this week. Its been fun tinkering with it.

Cheers...

- webmosher - 2009-04-02

beavis Wrote:Hello,

I'm new with MIP2 and been having problems it downloads all the images and nfo files right but when I try using the tag button I get an error every time.
I'm running it on Windows XP and my movie(s) are saved on my ReadyNAS (Network Access Storage Unit). I'm unable to figure it out. I try using it with the tag and reloading XBMC to see if it finds the tags but they not show eg BluRay,720p or DTS. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Keep in mind the tag button feature is the "old" image tagging method. It takes small icons and pastes them into the movie posters. Its not the same as the Aeon tagging (if that's what you're after).

That said, to use the tagging, you need to install the ImageMagick libraries noted on the original post. The links on the original post are actually broken (old versions were removed), so I have provided fixed ones here:

Image Magick (32bit: WinXP, most Vista) - http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/ImageMagick-6.5.1-0-Q16-windows-dll.exe
Image Magick (64bit: XP64, Vista64) - http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/ImageMagick-6.5.1-0-Q16-windows-x64-static.exe

If those links break, just use this one to get the most recent list:
http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/

- fekker - 2009-04-02

mindweaver Wrote:Hi

Nice to see how much work you put into this. What I can't figure out is why none of these windows scraper programs are as good as the xbmc scraper. I have my movies organized like this.

Top directory is called "Movies"
then all movies in their own subdir. All have scene release names. Then some movies are unpacked some are not (xbmc handles rared movies great, something I don't believe MC or MIP does). but let's keep this example to movies that I have unpacked!

-> Movies
---> bis-septic.720p.bluray.dts.nfo

Now to my problem. What MIP should do is clean the folder name to get the actual movie name "Battle In Seattle" then scan the folder for files. As you see it already has all the files needed (exported from xbmc). It should use the existing files! and if I make changes it should overwrite the files.

What it does (MIP) is that it creates new files? based on the folder name, which is why MIP is a dealbreaker for me. I would love to use it to add media flags but I can't since it does not support xbmc way of scraping/naming.

this is what MIP does with my folder after I have clicked Battle.In.Seattle.720p.Bluray.x264-SEPTiC in the movie list:

-> Movies
---> Battle In Seattle 720p Bluray x264-SEPTiC.nfo
---> Battle In Seattle 720p Bluray x264-SEPTiC.tbn
---> Battle In Seattle 720p Bluray x264-SEPTiC-fanart.jpg
---> bis-septic.720p.bluray.dts.nfo.oldversion

EDIT: It should use the video file name as reference, not the folder name. Same happens when you have a rared release. It creates fanart, tbn, nfo with the folder name not the name of the videofile inside the rars.

EDIT2: And as midgetspy said. Why can't it use the fanart, tbn and nfo that I already have in my folder? It always overwrites it with its own scanned version.

That is a mess Smile Any way to fix it?

EDIT3: What is the url to your SVN? I'm more of a c# programmer but would be nice to have a look at the code Smile

Why isn't mip as good as xbmc..
number of folks coding MIP - 1
number of folks working on xbmc - ~80

use movie.nfo, movie.tbn, and fanart.jpg if your folder names don't match your file name and you don't want to rename it. If you do want to rename it, just the option in the config and it will do it for you.

Mip doesn't give a crap if you have a movie in the folder or not, only file level movies are based on the actual filename. if the names don't match, it's not giong to work the way you expect it to.

"use foldernames for lookups" is basically what is used for folder level items from the perspective of xbmc.

Quote:EDIT2: And as midgetspy said. Why can't it use the fanart, tbn and nfo that I already have in my folder? It always overwrites it with its own scanned version.
it's doesn't overwrite it.. notice your .oldversion file.. that's your old file

Reason 1) .nfo is invalid due to formating
MIP requires your .nfo's be xml files, in xml format, that adhere to, take a guess here.. xml standards.
Reason 2) your folder name doesn't match your file name
in which case I grab the imdbid out of that file, rename it to .oldversion, and create the .nfo file with imdb data.
Reason 3) it's a bug and more details are needed to isolate why