Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-03

Radikaltimes Wrote:fekker
but MIP renames the file ....i guess i have to remove that ..LOL

the nfo shows
<studio> / 720p / DTS / 6ch / deu</studio>

for mr & mrs smith for example

Make sure you have build 2838 of MIP .. there's been a bunch of changes to how the studio works within the app.

For that movie, either there is no studio for it, or MIP messed the field up, this happened with some of the early test builds, 2838 works correctly.

with build 2838+ of MIP, you can then do autopilot, check the option to pull studio from imdb (this will remove all studio information and replace it with IMDB data) and format the tags correctly. If it's only a few movies that don't have the data, you can just do the studio field.

Or just open the movie itself, and add the studio with the little button by the name "studio" on the right side.

That will fix the .nfo files, you then need to refresh the items in xbmc, or just remove source, say yes to clean library, then add source back in and let it scan.. that will update all the .nfo files

- Dilligaf - 2009-04-03

The fanart tab will populate if I use the 2833 .exe anything after that doesn't populate the fanart tab. If I switch back to 2833 it populates again. I tried uninstalling and deleting the directory and cache and reinstalling with no change.

Mike

- fekker - 2009-04-03

Dilligaf Wrote:The fanart tab will populate if I use the 2833 .exe anything after that doesn't populate the fanart tab. If I switch back to 2833 it populates again. I tried uninstalling and deleting the directory and cache and reinstalling with no change.

Mike

are ya running under linux by chance?

- Clumsy - 2009-04-03

Is it possible to have an option that ignores folders that are named "subs" or "subtitles" or maybe something user defined ? At the moment when I press the pre-cache button it finds those folders and thinks they are movies, always asking me to chose the correct one.

Oh, and would it be possible to handle filenotfound exceptions more gracefully ? I pressed cancel when another movie named "subs" showed up, alt tabbed while mip was going on and deleted the "subs" folder. I alt-tabbed back to mip and when it was finished pressed the autopilot button. The autopilot worked for 10 minutes then came to the false "subs" movie that I had deleted until then and then crashed with an exception. Would be nice if there was an error log and the app would just continue on writing the exception to a log.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

hotzenpl0tz Wrote:Is it possible to have an option that ignores folders that are named "subs" or "subtitles" or maybe something user defined ? At the moment when I press the pre-cache button it finds those folders and thinks they are movies, always asking me to chose the correct one.

Oh, and would it be possible to handle filenotfound exceptions more gracefully ? I pressed cancel when another movie named "subs" showed up, alt tabbed while mip was going on and deleted the "subs" folder. I alt-tabbed back to mip and when it was finished pressed the autopilot button. The autopilot worked for 10 minutes then came to the false "subs" movie that I had deleted until then and then crashed with an exception. Would be nice if there was an error log and the app would just continue on writing the exception to a log.

I'll add both of those to the ignore list for folders

good point on that one, i'll see what i can do, don't know about the writing to log part, but certainly the error should be handled

problem with tv show section - Tuniq - 2009-04-03

The movie part works very well! My compliments.

But i have a problem with the tv show section, when i try to load shows i get the following error(this is the first part of the bug report, i can post the full report but i don't know if it's relevant)

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (2, 2). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: <br xmlns=''> was not expected.
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlS erializationReaderTVSeriesData.Read4_Data()

- fekker - 2009-04-03

Tuniq Wrote:The movie part works very well! My compliments.

But i have a problem with the tv show section, when i try to load shows i get the following error(this is the first part of the bug report, i can post the full report but i don't know if it's relevant)

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (2, 2). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: <br xmlns=''> was not expected.
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlS erializationReaderTVSeriesData.Read4_Data()

Thanks! glad ya like it

thetvdb is having some problems right now.. it's returning a mysql error in the xml that there's too many connection requests and the xml itself is invalid.

you can remove this file and have it try again, i got about 1 in 20 to work
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\ SHOWNAME .xml

- Tuniq - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:Thanks! glad ya like it

thetvdb is having some problems right now.. it's returning a mysql error in the xml that there's too many connection requests and the xml itself is invalid.

you can remove this file and have it try again, i got about 1 in 20 to work
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\ SHOWNAME .xml

Thanks for the quick reply and solution.

- pletopia - 2009-04-03

thetvdb.com is moving their servers since yesterday or the day before .. they said to be patient while they get everything back up and running

- paul - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:if your using 32bit xp, grab the portable version off sourceforge and extract it somewhere, then grab the latest patch version and extract those files to the same directory.

run mediainfoplus.exe and see if you still have the issue

if your running 64bit, you'll need a few different files that are 64bit compatible

the portable version was created by installing to a directory and then putting that directory into a zip file. MIP doesn't require any registry links or anything, (except for the uninstaller), it's all in the config.xml

It does double the files for now, that was the work around I needed to put into place without restructuring how i read and load data, at one point xbmc would pick up everything except the .nfo file from the main folder, but that didnt' work last I tried, so i double the files up, which covers almost all versions of xbmc so the data loads all the time.
I'm sure I'll revisit how that works after 9.04 is out.

As to fanart not loading, is anyone else having that issue?
----

For all others having weird issues with things, make sure your running 2838 as there have been a ton of changes on how things are handled.

as for sleep, who needs it Big Grin

- I'm aware of the mpaa issue and looking into it, somewhere along the lines that got borked up with all the recent changes.. more then likely about the time i added the certification option.

- I'm also going to add additional checks to tvshows to make sure that it has the zip and banners and that it catches those 0k files.

- For the tab controls I would love to use the component factory version, it works much better and allows more options, scrolls properly, expands only when needed (which fixes the autoexpand thing), however that component can't be used in an open source application, so i'll have to figure out how to override the tabs and expand the class.. I've got a bunch of things I wanna do before touching those Big Grin - I'll add it to MIP 3's feature list.
Thanks fekker i tried as you suggested but it does exactly the same thing. crashes just after the splash screen. will have to edit the .nfos by hand thanks anyway

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-03

@fekker -

Here's a feature request for you.

Howabout adding a "ROMS" section? This would consist of a place to add the various rom folders for all the systems, and then a way to define that folder as being for that system.

Tie that into a searcher that grabs images from Rom-world.com, and you've got yourself an automated way of grabbing a lot more images than is currently available.

Seeing as how you've got SNES roms, I thought perhaps this would be of interest to you. Wink

- TheBurner - 2009-04-03

Fekker question what is the possibility of being able to run this via a ftp connection? I have a media server and would love to be able to remotely update my collection when im at work.... That or i guess via a command line in ubuntu would work best

- Dilligaf - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:are ya running under linux by chance?

No, I'm running XP, I tried mapping yhe drives and it made no difference upon closer inspection the Poster and Background tabs aren't populating. Where are the logs stored so I can check then?

Mike

Certs - USA, Canada, UK, Australia etc. - JiveTalker - 2009-04-03

craigd Wrote:I'm in uk and am currently modding aeon to display UK BBFC certifications rather than US MPAA. I've got the code done for video display and editing the graphics but some movies on IMDB have different ratings for cinema and dvd releases etc.

I'm also in UK and have set MIP to get UK ratings. Have you thought about sending your UK certs code/images to djh/ digital high so they he could perhaps include them in their standard skin build?

At a guess, as for the most part we are dealing with English language Hollywood movies, I would think that the most in demand localisations would be the major English speaking territories - USA, Canada, Australia and UK, perhaps also Ireland and New Zealand? It would be great if these were all supported in the standard build. There can't be more than a couple of dozen certificates between them so it shouldn't be too much work. Perhaps the field should be called "Cert" rather than "MPAA rating", or perhaps instead of having "PG" as a value it should be "MPAA-PG" for USA and "BBFC-PG" for UK etc.?

craigd Wrote:IAn example from my test sample is the movie "The Cave(2005)" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402901/
On this movie IMDB holds uk certificate 12 for video rating and 12a for original rating. MIP is correctlly adding both tags so appears in nfo <MPAA>1212A</MPAA>. in this instance it isn't so bad as I'm probably not going to include 12a as UI don't know how to stop double positives with 12 rating but in some it may go from an 18 to 15 or a 12 to a pg which could cause problems.

Some films have quite a few UK certificates - Terminator 2 has 4 UK certificates listed on iMDB!

Personally I have lots of region 2 UK DVD's and quite a few region 1 DVD's soje from USA and some from Canada. I'm not sure whether it would be better to show the UK certificate for all of them or the certificate that is on the DVD case? Similarly, (I think) that most downloaded movies tend to be the US edit, often classified as "Unrated" or "Unrated Extended" version so if the word "Unrated" appears it the video filename perhaps that could over-ride any other certificate? I'm sure people will have varying opinions on this so I guess the best solution is to have an option to choose a preference.

craigd Wrote:Is there anyway to make MIP only add the first rating found instead of both?

I think it would make more sense to get the last certificate as that is more likely to be the dvd release and is more likely to be the same cut of the film as the one on your hard disk. The first certificate would probably be the original cinema certificate which often isn't the same cut as the video release, especially in UK where the censor cuts some of the violence from home video releases.

craigd Wrote:Slightly bigger problem, I just installed 2838 and ran autopilot to get the studio info back and it has now removed all the previously found MPAA tags so there is no MPAA info in any of my NFO's now?

I had the same problem and had to click on each title individually and the click on the iMDB refresh option then re-save the NFO file. I did this on a subset of 64 films and it took ages. I wouldn't want to do it on my whole collection!

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-03

jivetalker Wrote:I'm also in UK and have set MIP to get UK ratings. Have you thought about sending your UK certs code/images to djh/ digital high so they he could perhaps include them in their standard skin build?

At a guess, as for the most part we are dealing with English language Hollywood movies, I would think that the most in demand localisations would be the major English speaking territories - USA, Canada, Australia and UK, perhaps also Ireland and New Zealand? It would be great if these were all supported in the standard build. There can't be more than a couple of dozen certificates between them so it shouldn't be too much work. Perhaps the field should be called "Cert" rather than "MPAA rating", or perhaps instead of having "PG" as a value it should be "MPAA-PG" for USA and "BBFC-PG" for UK etc.?

That would work out very well on my end.