Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- kizer - 2009-04-03

Man I don't know about anybody else, but this app seems to be getting more expanded by the day. All kinds of features and addons. Don't get me wrong, but I'm just seeing it grow daily and well. Its a lot.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-03

* hikaricore is eagerly awaiting the mono version of this so he can use it on Linux. ^_^

Tried it with WINE with .NET/Mono/And pretty much every dll override (winetricks) in existence and failed in a blaze of glory.

- craigd - 2009-04-03

I've posted a thread in the aeon forum with my files, the imdb reatings I dont think are any particular order from what I've seen but maybe something in the provided data fekker could pick up on?

I think the biggest issue with supporting more than one would be the skin returning double positive results, as it functions how I've done it when there are two results it shows both images overlayed and particularily in stark with transparent images they look like shit hence the need for some way to only return one result.

That said my coding skills are zero and I'm sure someone else could find a solution.

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-03

craigd Wrote:I've posted a thread in the aeon forum with my files, the imdb reatings I dont think are any particular order from what I've seen but maybe something in the provided data fekker could pick up on?

I think the biggest issue with supporting more than one would be the skin returning double positive results, as it functions how I've done it when there are two results it shows both images overlayed and particularily in stark with transparent images they look like shit hence the need for some way to only return one result.

That said my coding skills are zero and I'm sure someone else could find a solution.

I think storing the MPAA rating with a country code and the rating would be the best method. No double positives if the strings you're looking for always start with MPAA or BFAA or w/e. Hell, it could just be US-PG-13, UK-15, AU-15...whatever.

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-03

digitalhigh Wrote:I think storing the MPAA rating with a country code and the rating would be the best method. No double positives if the strings you're looking for always start with MPAA or BFAA or w/e. Hell, it could just be US-PG-13, UK-15, AU-15...whatever.

Yeah, I thought that it would be nice to have MPAA, BBFC etc. but it would be a pain to try to figure out what the censorship board name is for all the different countries I guess. It would be much easier for fekker to apply logic along these lines:

1. store user prefered cert country in config (already done but not in gui yet)
2. look for certs that match that country (already done)
3. look at cert descriptions and assign priorities to them (not done yet, assuming each country only has a few different descriptions)
4. choose the cert with the highest priority description if more than one found
5. If no cert found then choose the USA cert for DVD release or cinema release if no DVD cert?
6. Prefix the selected cert with Country e.g USA-, UK- etc. with country exaclty as it appears on iMDB.

Good examples for testing are blockbusters like the Batman series and Terminator 2 which have lots of certs in each country due to multiple releases.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

hikaricore Wrote:/me is eagerly awaiting the mono version of this so he can use it on Linux. ^_^

Tried it with WINE with .NET/Mono/And pretty much every dll override (winetricks) in existence and failed in a blaze of glory.

what fails?
are ya running a newer version of wine?

remove all wine builds and the .wine folder
install wine 1.1.17 (or compile latest)
use winetricks to grab .net 2
use portable version (or installer)
update
run from terminal window wine "c:\\program files\\mediainfoplus\\mediainfoplus.exe"

I had problems early on with early wine builds, but with the newest it's worked like a champ.. 1.1.06 i think is the first build where it mostly worked.. but it was a royal pain.

I'm working on the MPAA data.. the same checkbox for updating the studio from imdb (in the autopilot dialog) will also update the mpaa/certification (based on what you have configured)

I can append whatever to that field, but unlike the mess I did with studio, i'll wait until the format is agreed on Big Grin

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-04

JiveTalker Wrote:Yeah, I thought that it would be nice to have MPAA, BBFC etc. but it would be a pain to try to figure out what the censorship board name is for all the different countries I guess. It would be much easier for fekker to apply logic along these lines:

1. store user prefered cert country in config (already done but not in gui yet)
2. look for certs that match that country (already done)
3. look at cert descriptions and assign priorities to them (not done yet, assuming each country only has a few different descriptions)
4. choose the cert with the highest priority description if more than one found
5. If no cert found then choose the USA cert for DVD release or cinema release if no DVD cert?
6. Prefix the selected cert with Country e.g USA-, UK- etc. with country exaclty as it appears on iMDB.

Good examples for testing are blockbusters like the Batman series and Terminator 2 which have lots of certs in each country due to multiple releases.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. The only hole I can see in this is on the off chance that the cert being used is not supported by w/e skin. I have no idea how many total possibilities there are to account for, so it would be good to keep a fallback string alongside the language-specific certification. Don't wanna sound US-centric, but for most movies, it would be good to see "SW-15 | US-PG-13".

Doesn't even have to be the US rating...just ensure that there is always a supported string available...if that makes sense.

- fekker - 2009-04-04

bold as it's a ton of text Big Grin

Keep in mind.. certification data is returned like
Ireland:15A | UK:12A | Australia:M | New Zealand:M | Norway:15 | SingaporeTongueG | South Korea:15 | PhilippinesTongueG-13 (MTRCB) | Brazil:12 | Netherlands:16 | Malaysia:U | Argentina:13 | Iceland:12 | Canada:13+ (Quebec) | Peru:14 | Canada:14A (British Columbia/Ontario) | Sweden:15 | CanadaTongueG (Alberta/Manitoba/Nova Scotia) | USATongueG-13 (certificate #44427) | Portugal:M/12 | South Africa:13V (13V) | Denmark:15 | Hong Kong:IIB | Finland:K-13 | India:UA | Mexico:B | France:U | Italy:T | Switzerland:14 (canton of Vaud) | Switzerland:14 (canton of Geneva) | Germany:16 | Greece:K-13 | Austria:14 | TaiwanTongueG-12 | Spain:13

where mpaa comes back with rating and text
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and some menace.

I think certification is the better field to use
but it doesn't say why it's rated what it's rated

I think this needs two fields in xbmc
mpaa and certification

that way it could be displayed
Rated: (certification item)
For: (mpaa data)

but that would look odd for say.. Iceland

Rated: 12
For: Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and some menace.

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-04

digitalhigh Wrote:I think storing the MPAA rating with a country code and the rating would be the best method. No double positives if the strings you're looking for always start with MPAA or BFAA or w/e. Hell, it could just be US-PG-13, UK-15, AU-15...whatever.

Another option could be have the cert for your own country plus a default USA cert for us non USA people. So as a UK user I may have "UK-15 / USA-R". Skinners could then choose whether they display both or just the first one listed. This is particularly useful when a film doesn't have a cert in your country but listing a USA cert at least gives you a clue what level of sex/violence/swearing to expect. What do other people think about this solution?

fekker Wrote:bold as it's a ton of text Big Grin

Ireland:15A | UK:12A | Australia:M | New Zealand:M | Norway:15 | SingaporeTongueG | South Korea:15 | PhilippinesTongueG-13 (MTRCB) | Brazil:12 | Netherlands:16 | Malaysia:U | Argentina:13 | Iceland:12 | Canada:13+ (Quebec) | Peru:14 | Canada:14A (British Columbia/Ontario) | Sweden:15 | CanadaTongueG (Alberta/Manitoba/Nova Scotia) | USATongueG-13 (certificate #44427) | Portugal:M/12 | South Africa:13V (13V) | Denmark:15 | Hong Kong:IIB | Finland:K-13 | India:UA | Mexico:B | France:U | Italy:T | Switzerland:14 (canton of Vaud) | Switzerland:14 (canton of Geneva) | Germany:16 | Greece:K-13 | Austria:14 | TaiwanTongueG-12 | Spain:13

mpaa and certification

Holy balls dude...I get a headache just thinking about how in the crap to code that. Wink

LOL@: "Switzerland:14 (canton of Vaud) | Switzerland:14 (canton of Geneva) ". One of the smallest countries has two different rating systems...awesome.

For what I would prefer to be able to deal with would be to return MPAA as <MPAA>XX:K-13 | USTongueG-13</mpaa>. If I recognize countrycode XX, I'll return the proper image, otherwise, it will use US/UK/AU.

digitalhigh Wrote:Doesn't even have to be the US rating...just ensure that there is always a supported string available...if that makes sense.

You beat me to it! I must learn to type more quickly! Sad

JiveTalker Wrote:You beat me to it! I must learn to type more quickly! Sad

Take it as a sign of which of us has waaaaaay too much free time. Wink

fekker Wrote:bold as it's a ton of text Big Grin

mpaa and certification

but that would look odd for say.. Iceland

Rated: 12
For: Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and some menace.

Perhaps you could have the cert field as "Iceland:12 / USATongueG-13" and just use MPAA as a comment field with the text "intense sequences of violence and some menace." which regardless of the cert in an individual country at least highlights what the US censor saw as an appropriate warning and isn't going to be inappropriate in other countries, unless they edited out significant chunks of the movie.

If USA certs sometimes have dashes in them then I guess that is something to be wary of when choosing format characters. I'm assuming that a colon is a safe divider character here.

- phunqe - 2009-04-04

Never mind...

digitalhigh Wrote:Take it as a sign of which of us has waaaaaay too much free time. Wink

You've got me there ! Big Grin

JiveTalker = 90 posts
DigitalHigh = 952 posts