Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-04

JiveTalker Wrote:Perhaps you could have the cert field as "Iceland:12 / USATongueG-13" and just use MPAA as a comment field with the text "intense sequences of violence and some menace." which regardless of the cert in an individual country at least highlights what the US censor saw as an appropriate warning and isn't going to be inappropriate in other countries, unless they edited out significant chunks of the movie.

If USA certs sometimes have dashes in them then I guess that is something to be wary of when choosing format characters. I'm assuming that a colon is a safe divider character here.

Dumb question...but how is this "cert" field we're talking about even accessible to the skinner? All I have for MPAA stuff is this:

listitem.mpaa Show the MPAA rating of the currently selected movie in a list or thumb control

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-04

digitalhigh Wrote:Dumb question...but how is this "cert" field we're talking about even accessible to the skinner? All I have for MPAA stuff is this:

listitem.mpaa Show the MPAA rating of the currently selected movie in a list or thumb control

Ok, you've got me there! I hold up my hands to not knowing the first thing about what XBMC is currently able to interpret. I just suggest what I think would be good to store in the XML in the hope that the XBMC crew will see the value in storing this info at some point so that skinners can use it.

From watching this thread it's apparent at present that the only way to get the info you want into XBMC is to stuff it into random fields that nobody else is really using at the moment meaning that if you use other skins you might see some weird text in weird places I guess.

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-04

digitalhigh Wrote:Dumb question...but how is this "cert" field we're talking about even accessible to the skinner? All I have for MPAA stuff is this:

Ok how about this?

<MPAA>Iceland:12/USATongueG-13/Comment=intense sequences of violence and some menace</MPAA>

Would that work?

- Dilligaf - 2009-04-04

Dilligaf Wrote:No, I'm running XP, I tried mapping yhe drives and it made no difference upon closer inspection the Poster and Background tabs aren't populating. Where are the logs stored so I can check then?

I installed MIP in Linux with wine and I have the same problem, the Background tab doesn't populate with 2838, going back to 2833 it populates, changing back to 2838 and it's empty again. This is happening in XP and Linux with 2 independent installs, I find it hard to believe no one else is experiencing this.

Mike

JiveTalker Wrote:Ok how about this?

<MPAA>Iceland:12/USATongueG-13/Comment=intense sequences of violence and some menace</MPAA>

Would that work?

Hmmm...I'm just thinking about skins that actually use the actual textlabel.

Maybe put the cert info first, then a long space, then the country stuff.

<MPAA>Rated foo for intense sequences of violence and some menace. Iceland:12/USATongueG-13</MPAA>

tv show video_ts naming - Tuniq - 2009-04-04

I'm facing a problem here. When i name a multiepisode file like 24 S3e1e2e3e4.iso everything goes fine. But when i have and video_ts folder. I don't know how i have to name it.

So my question is how do i name an video_ts folder multi episode?

- fekker - 2009-04-04

Dilligaf Wrote:I installed MIP in Linux with wine and I have the same problem, the Background tab doesn't populate with 2838, going back to 2833 it populates, changing back to 2838 and it's empty again. This is happening in XP and Linux with 2 independent installs, I find it hard to believe no one else is experiencing this.

Mike

Under Linux, it has to how I compile.. I have to have that form displayed, on that tab, or it doesn't show up, i suspect your seeing the same thing.

I never figured out why it matters what is literally my active window in visual studio.. i figure it's a bug in VS 2008.

I'll compile another build with the form active and post it up.

Digitalhigh - is there a way to parse (not just substring) an infolabel in the skin?

in other words, can you display the text part in one label (skin item that is) and the rating in another?
<MPAA>Rated foo for intense sequences of violence and some menace. Iceland:12/USATongueG-13</MPAA>

for xbmc, there's one field called MPAA.. imdb has that data in 2 different areas, a mpaa field and a certifcation field... basically i'll be combining those into one.

- fekker - 2009-04-04

Tuniq Wrote:I'm facing a problem here. When i name a multiepisode file like 24 S3e1e2e3e4.iso everything goes fine. But when i have and video_ts folder. I don't know how i have to name it.

So my question is how do i name an video_ts folder multi episode?

that's a tough one.. you can break the dvd format and rename the ifo file.. or create an iso of that folder, or the way i ended up doing it for tv shows, use dvd shrink and rip the episodes to single iso's using it's reauthor function. (or any other format really).. badaboom does a nice job of that under windows as well to go right to x264, saves space and is fast.. requires nvidia video card to use it though.

- Tuniq - 2009-04-04

fekker Wrote:that's a tough one.. you can break the dvd format and rename the ifo file.. or create an iso of that folder, or the way i ended up doing it for tv shows, use dvd shrink and rip the episodes to single iso's using it's reauthor function. (or any other format really).. badaboom does a nice job of that under windows as well to go right to x264, saves space and is fast.. requires nvidia video card to use it though.

Thanks for your quick answer. I think i'm gonna be busy almost all of my tv shows are in video ts. Shocked

- fekker - 2009-04-04

fekker Wrote:Under Linux, it has to how I compile.. I have to have that form displayed, on that tab, or it doesn't show up, i suspect your seeing the same thing.

For wine users where fanart is not showing up, try the new build 2840

2840 build on sourceforge
compiled with fanart as the active display tab (stupid vs bug)
it includes the cd1/2/3 ignore, subs folder ignore, subtitles folder ignore, system volume info and recycler ignore now works correctly (as does lost+found under linux).. i made a few other changes to it, nothing too crazy though. (lock movie change while media info is loading to prevent thread lock, check during auto-pilot that the movie/folder is still where it was.

i've got a few other things to do before I post it for general use, so unless you need one of those fixes, stick to 2838

Fekker Wrote:Digitalhigh - is there a way to parse (not just substring) an infolabel in the skin?

in other words, can you display the text part in one label (skin item that is) and the rating in another?

Unfortunately, no. You can do a substring check to see if something is there, and you can even see if it's returned from the right or left, but AFAIK, there isn't any way to actually manipulate the information.

My answer to this has been to make a label with the text I want to show, then make up a substring operation that ensures it meets this criteria. i.e., one label with a visibilty for "substring(listitem.MPAA,violence) + substring(listitem.MPAA, menace)", and then have the label contain what I want shown. It's clodgy...but it works.

- Dilligaf - 2009-04-04

fekker Wrote:For wine users where fanart is not showing up, try the new build 2840

2840 fixed the background tab issue in both Windows and Linux, thank you. Now if I could just figure out why fanart isn't showing in the movie tab I'll be all set (fanart shows in the movie tab in Linux, doesn't show in Windows).

Mike

- AliG - 2009-04-04

Okay I'm going through a brain fart or just doing some thing wrong. Using build 2838, stark .91. Updated my nfo using mip. But none of the studio or media information shows up in xbmc, unless i remove the movie from the library and then update. I did a clean library, update the library, but it wont show up. Is the only way for it to pick up that new field is to remove the entire library and then add it? Kinda dont want to do that since i have to manually mark all the movies watched....hhms fekker, feature request Smile

- hikaricore - 2009-04-04

fekker Wrote:what fails?
are ya running a newer version of wine?

remove all wine builds and the .wine folder
install wine 1.1.17 (or compile latest)
use winetricks to grab .net 2
use portable version (or installer)
update
run from terminal window wine "c:\\program files\\mediainfoplus\\mediainfoplus.exe"

I had problems early on with early wine builds, but with the newest it's worked like a champ.. 1.1.06 i think is the first build where it mostly worked.. but it was a royal pain.

Been through all this trust me. I moderate on the Ubuntu forums specifically the WINE forum. Tongue
I know pretty much everything from basic and advanced troubleshooting and have years of experience with WINE.
I'll try wiping the WINE folder 1 more time and going in from scratch. Not expecting a miracle but it can't hurt.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-04

Got it working after much struggle. Now if only it would recognize more that 157 of my 1,309 movies I'd be able to make some progress. ^_^