Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Montellese - 2009-04-04

Hey all

I first used Media Companion to scan and scrape my movies, but it doesn't support music etc so I switched to MIP.

But I got 4 questions/problems:

1. How can I tell MIP to ignore trailers which are in the same folder as all the movies? They are named like <moviename>-trailer.<ext> and MIP always tries to get information for these as well.

2. All my movies with a "-" in the movie name (like Spider-Man 1-3 or X-Men 1-3) aren't correctly read. I deactivated the option in settings which tells MIP to take everything before a "-" as moviename but it didn't change. All the X-Men movies are interpreted as "Malcolm X" and the Spider-Man movies as "Spider".

3. There seems to be a problem with some special characters like in the movie "Æon Flux". The file is named "Aeon Flux.mkv" which is correctly read but when parsing the information from IMDb it shows "&#xC6;on Flux" in the field "Editable Title" and in XBMC. Looks like the HTML Entity isn't correctly interpreted. Same goes for e.g. the "&" symbol which becomes "&#x26;".

4. Movies with a "&" in there name aren't found on IMDb. I guess this comes from "&" being interpreted as a connection symbol for variables in an URL.

- esdubu - 2009-04-04

For some strange reason using 2838 build the program doesn't collect anything from tmdb so no posters or fanart. Earlier builds do still work right. Also in 2838 the tmdb shortcut doesn't do anything when i click it, but the imdb one still works?

- Shadok - 2009-04-04

I think I have the same problem.
I was just wondering why I can't get posters this time.

- esdubu - 2009-04-04

esdubu Wrote:For some strange reason using 2838 build the program doesn't collect anything from tmdb so no posters or fanart. Earlier builds do still work right. Also in 2838 the tmdb shortcut doesn't do anything when i click it, but the imdb one still works?

Just tried build 2840 and it is now getting info from tmdb but the button at the top still doesn't work.

EDIT: Scratch that it's still not working

- Shadok - 2009-04-04

Even if I set to use season poster as thumbnail, i still have the season wide icon as thumbnail.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

EDIT : Got it, i need to delete my old folder.jpg files

thetvdb.com problem - Tuniq - 2009-04-04

I don't know if you guys know a solution for this. I have the weird problem that mip only downloads 1 kb empty images from thetvdb.com and when i go to the site I also don't see images only little empty gif images of 1kb.
But now comes the weird part when i go to thetvdb on my normal computer i see all the images and nothing is wrong.Huh

Somebody has a solution for this problem?

- Radikaltimes - 2009-04-04

one quick question. i don't want to rename my movies but MIP will not recognize the names
Bedtime.Stories.720p.BluRay.x264-REFiNED
-Bedtime.Stories.720p.BluRay.x264-REFiNED.mkv
i selected MIP to ignore the dots , 720p , x264 and all the other flags but still unable to pull the data.

thank you

MPAA Mojo - webmosher - 2009-04-04

Hi Fekker,

For some reason, I keep finding these oddities. I know there have been discussions regarding the foreign ratings bodies, but I think MPAA might be bad enough on its own. Here are a couple of core examples:

Dr. No (1962) - This is an example of how the MPAA has been really confused on what to tell people as time has gone by. Started with an original "Approved" and was rerated for further theatrical and DVD release. This type of rating is common for popular movies from the early 70s.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055928/

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - If you though MPAA ratings were bad, this one shoves TV ratings into the mix. This is bad, because one network may broadcast an edited version for TV-G and another for TV-PG (and maybe another TV-M). This makes a horrendous mess of the MPAA tag (PGTV-GTV-PGPG)

One situation I have looked for, but not found yet is a movie that is both PG and PG-13. This becomes a parsing issue for the skin.

It might actually be too much work to try and program logic for all these weird scenarios. What might work better is to simply have a mechanism to separate the ratings if possible. So, PGTV-GTV-PGPG becomes PG/TV-G/TV-PG/PG. The parsing logic in the skin becomes a bit more difficult, but I am not sure where you can achieve a balance.

I assume you already know that auto-pilot removes the content of the MPAA tag. Actually, its removing the tag altogether.

For now, I am happy the media tagging is working nicely. I realize these MPAA ratings will take some time to work out.

Thanks.

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-04

webmosher Wrote:Hi Fekker,

For some reason, I keep finding these oddities. I know there have been discussions regarding the foreign ratings bodies, but I think MPAA might be bad enough on its own. Here are a couple of core examples:

Dr. No (1962) - This is an example of how the MPAA has been really confused on what to tell people as time has gone by. Started with an original "Approved" and was rerated for further theatrical and DVD release. This type of rating is common for popular movies from the early 70s.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055928/

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - If you though MPAA ratings were bad, this one shoves TV ratings into the mix. This is bad, because one network may broadcast an edited version for TV-G and another for TV-PG (and maybe another TV-M). This makes a horrendous mess of the MPAA tag (PGTV-GTV-PGPG)

One situation I have looked for, but not found yet is a movie that is both PG and PG-13. This becomes a parsing issue for the skin.

It might actually be too much work to try and program logic for all these weird scenarios. What might work better is to simply have a mechanism to separate the ratings if possible. So, PGTV-GTV-PGPG becomes PG/TV-G/TV-PG/PG. The parsing logic in the skin becomes a bit more difficult, but I am not sure where you can achieve a balance.

I assume you already know that auto-pilot removes the content of the MPAA tag. Actually, its removing the tag altogether.

For now, I am happy the media tagging is working nicely. I realize these MPAA ratings will take some time to work out.

Thanks.

Wow. I've literally been laying in bed, hung-over, going over this in my mind for the past several hours. Then I get up and read this, and my headache suddenly feels worse again. Wink

Basically, I think it's about just making the decision as to what information is relevant and what is not. Just like when DJH decided to do studio support, somebody had to just decide what was in and what was out. Because honestly, IMDB has a lot of info, and a lot of it is...less than pertinent.

The Dr. No thing is a good example of this. Who really cares what it was rated when it was released several decades ago? Ya know? Does it matter? I mean, it's interesting to know, but in the end result, it has little bearing on what my movie is rated now.

Same with TV-ratings for Harry Potter. I can tell you that I will never knowingly download a movie that's been edited for TV. If I want to watch movies which are missing stuff...I'll watch them on TV. More importantly...which self-respecting scene group would even use that as a source?

Point is...it's about having to make the call of what is and isn't important/relevant information. To me, 60's ratings and TV ratings are very very low on that list.

That said...I still think it would be best to account for the system discussed by Jivetalker and myself. Have it check the country code, then look for that country's MPAA rating. If it finds it, it stores that country's rating, alongside a fallback string for a more widely-used system (US, UK, AU).

What I came up this morning was...we're already using one string to pass extraneous data to XBMC. Instead of stuffing more info into another field, why not just leave the MPAA stuff the way it is "Rated R for strong violence..." and put the country-specific stuff in the Studio string?

Eh? Just tack on a "MPASW-13:MPAUS-PG-13" to the studio field, and I can look there. This way we don't change any other fields, and still get our data.

- Tuniq - 2009-04-04

Tuniq Wrote:I don't know if you guys know a solution for this. I have the weird problem that mip only downloads 1 kb empty images from thetvdb.com and when i go to the site I also don't see images only little empty gif images of 1kb.
But now comes the weird part when i go to thetvdb on my normal computer i see all the images and nothing is wrong.Huh

Somebody has a solution for this problem?

I've re installed firefox and in there i see the site correctly now. But mip still doesn't get the images and IE is also not showing them.

- krypt2nite - 2009-04-04

Montellese Wrote:3. There seems to be a problem with some special characters like in the movie "Æon Flux". The file is named "Aeon Flux.mkv" which is correctly read but when parsing the information from IMDb it shows "&#xC6;on Flux" in the field "Editable Title" and in XBMC. Looks like the HTML Entity isn't correctly interpreted. Same goes for e.g. the "&" symbol which becomes "&#x26;".

Yeah biggest complaint I have. Tons of my movies have &#x26; etc in them because special characters aren't being formatted correctly. From the word and to ' and , and special letters for foreign characters.

- parena - 2009-04-04

krypt2nite Wrote:Yeah biggest complaint I have. Tons of my movies have &#x26; etc in them because special characters aren't being formatted correctly. From the word and to ' and , and special letters for foreign characters.

@fekker: In an earlier post I mentioned this already, perhaps it passed you. Use CDATA in your XML and you won't need those silly html entities anymore so you can stop converting them to that or start converting them to normal characters.

Code:
<label><![CDATA[Yay for C & 'DATA', make më häppy!]]></label>

I use it in my app as well, XBMC will read that without problems.

- fekker - 2009-04-04

hikaricore Wrote:Got it working after much struggle. Now if only it would recognize more that 157 of my 1,309 movies I'd be able to make some progress. ^_^
- are these in a folder each, or file level, if file level what are the names..
in the setup and configuration there's two areas, one for folder level movies, and another for file level movies.

Montellese Wrote:1. How can I tell MIP to ignore trailers which are in the same folder as all the movies? They are named like <moviename>-trailer.<ext> and MIP always tries to get information for these as well.
it should ignore those, i'll check the filter to make sure it's working and fix if it's not. I prob missed that.

Quote:2. All my movies with a "-" in the movie name (like Spider-Man 1-3 or X-Men 1-3) aren't correctly read. I deactivated the option in settings which tells MIP to take everything before a "-" as moviename but it didn't change. All the X-Men movies are interpreted as "Malcolm X" and the Spider-Man movies as "Spider".
- like #1, i'll need to double check file level filters and make sure that the option is disabled when the check is set.

Quote:3. There seems to be a problem with some special characters like in the movie "Æon Flux". The file is named "Aeon Flux.mkv" which is correctly read but when parsing the information from IMDb it shows "&#xC6;on Flux" in the field "Editable Title" and in XBMC. Looks like the HTML Entity isn't correctly interpreted. Same goes for e.g. the "&" symbol which becomes "&#x26;".
noted, will look into
Quote:4. Movies with a "&" in there name aren't found on IMDb. I guess this comes from "&" being interpreted as a connection symbol for variables in an URL.
noted, will check that one as well

Quote:1 kb empty images from thetvdb.com
try blowing away your dns cache from a command prompt
ipconfig /flushdns

Quote:Bedtime.Stories.720p.BluRay.x264-REFiNED-Bedtime.Stories.720p.BluRay.x264-REFiNED.mkv
is that the movie name? the whole string?

Quote:mpaa tags - yup, those are going to be a blast to parse out

I think this will work.. i'll store all certification information in the .nfo file, as well as any mpaa data.. the settings in MIP would then pick based on your settings for which certification data to display (i.e. inject into studio tag with the other data)
Instead of stuffing more info into another field, why not just leave the MPAA stuff the way it is "Rated R for strong violence..." and put the country-specific stuff in the Studio string?
Eh? Just tack on a "MPASW-13:MPAUS-PG-13" to the studio field, and I can look there. This way we don't change any other fields, and still get our data.

Quote:@fekker: In an earlier post I mentioned this already, perhaps it passed you. Use CDATA in your XML and you won't need those silly html entities anymore so you can stop converting them to that or start converting them to normal characters.
Code:
<label><![CDATA[Yay for C & 'DATA', make më häppy!]]></label>
I use it in my app as well, XBMC will read that without problems.
I think it is an issue of the parser and not the output, but i'll check.. thanks for the info on cdata

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-04

why does it pickup recycle bin, boot etc etc?

cant see an option to ignore hidden files

Crashes - lestat1977uk - 2009-04-04

The new build (2840) keeps freezing when when loading info after pressing loading shows button,, it does eventually come back but during this time if you click anywhere on the interface it then crashes.

Seems very unstable, or is this just me?