Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-05

Three things

1. Can you remove films/tv shows from your list, i mean delte the whole thing not just change it?

2. When using auto pilot i have to confirm nearly every film, am i doing something wrong, is it using folder name or filename?

3. Can you stop a scan once stared and exit app, mainly i mean during auto pilot?

- Phantisy - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:yep, it does that with build 2838 and higher.. you have to enable it in the options (general tab, skin based flagging support).

Awesome didn't know that. Thanks Smile

- MrDVD - 2009-04-05

@Dilligaf - i have backgrounds in <MovieName>-fanart format and when i select a diff one i dont see it anymore, than i have to select the movie again so that MIP relead the new background. (have this now for maybe one week)
Dont have this problem with Posters.

- midgetspy - 2009-04-05

How do I look at the current poster I'm using in MIP?

Also fekker your PM inbox is full, I couldn't reply to your PM.

- fekker - 2009-04-05

midgetspy Wrote:How do I look at the current poster I'm using in MIP?

Also fekker your PM inbox is full, I couldn't reply to your PM.

the fanart setting's label is wrong, it should say show movie fanart as background as it looks for either of them

for file level movies, you need to turn on the option to show current movie tbn file in the config, it defaults to off since folder level uses folder.jpg.. that should make the poster appear

i cleaned up the inbox, it fills up quick Big Grin

Quote:Three things

1. Can you remove films/tv shows from your list, i mean delte the whole thing not just change it?

2. When using auto pilot i have to confirm nearly every film, am i doing something wrong, is it using folder name or filename?

3. Can you stop a scan once stared and exit app, mainly i mean during auto pilot?
can't delete shows from within mip, you can put a file in the folder called noscan (no extension) and MIP will ignore it

if it doesn't have an .nfo file for the movie, it will prompt for it during scans, it should then save that .nfo file (unless you have disabled that option)

if it's got an .nfo and is not loading it, it's a bug, please post the .nfo file to paste bin and the names of hte file and .nfo file

note: mip and media companion use different naming conventions, so mip will move the file to the correct name for stacked items... when i say correct name, i just mean the one i use, xbmc uses either name, stacked or unstacked name for file level items.

once auto-pilot is started, it runs until completion.. it's on the list of things to modify so it can be canceled.

- midgetspy - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:the fanart setting's label is wrong, it should say show movie fanart as background as it looks for either of them

for file level movies, you need to turn on the option to show current movie tbn file in the config, it defaults to off since folder level uses folder.jpg.. that should make the poster appear

OK I got it to show but is there any way to see the resolution of my current tbn and fanart? I want to go through and change some low-res ones but I don't know how to see the current res.

IMO your current poster/fanart should show up in the Poster/Background tab as the first item.

- S__G - 2009-04-05

This is really making everything in XBMC so much better for me, thanks for this tool!

Slight problem, though. With Aeon, I need to use posters instead of wide banners as folder.jpg. While this is possible for movies, I can't figure out how to make MIP2 automatically use posters instead of banners as folder.jpg for TV shows.

Note that season folder.jpg files are correctly selected as posters, it's the actual show thumbnail that is selected as a banner instead of poster. Am I doing something wrong?

- hikaricore - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:- are these in a folder each, or file level, if file level what are the names..
in the setup and configuration there's two areas, one for folder level movies, and another for file level movies.

They're all in their own folder. I checked, double checked, and triple checked my configuration and it all seemed fine.
It seems to pick 157 folders at random and shows them in the list. It is very very odd.

- midgetspy - 2009-04-05

Also I have a feature request - could you add an option to generate the -big.png thumbs that Aeon supports for its high res posters in file mode? It would just need to duplicate the .tbn with a different filename (<movie_filename>-big.png). Note that it is the movie's *filename* not the movie name (IE My.Movie.mkv-big.png).

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-05

biggest problem i have is a system folder called Boot is being picked up on every scan, this also has loads of sub folders and they are also being picked up, will try the ignore file

- Tuniq - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:try blowing away your dns cache from a command prompt
ipconfig /flushdns

Thanks, but that didn't solve it, you have other suggestions?

- MrDVD - 2009-04-05

Ok i found the problem with the Backgrounds.
Here it display Background after switching it aslong i have selected "Create fanart.jpg"
When i turn off this option so that MIP only create Moviename-fanart.jpg i dont see it anymore after selecting a new background.

- smcnally75 - 2009-04-05

I'm trying to use MIP to only update my nfo files for media tagging to use with Stark. I set up MIP to only create a movie.nfo (not <moviename>.nfo) and to overwrite the existing nfo file. When I run autopilot and select "Update Media Information Only", it still creates the <moviename>.nfo file, and neither that or the movie.nfo file havd anything but the studio in the studio field (no media tags). What could I be doing wrong?

- fekker - 2009-04-05

hikaricore Wrote:They're all in their own folder. I checked, double checked, and triple checked my configuration and it all seemed fine.
It seems to pick 157 folders at random and shows them in the list. It is very very odd.
that's very odd for sure, take a look in the config.xml, folder level items should be listed in the element pclbPaths
for example
Code:
<pclbPaths>
  <anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">Z:\SD Movies</anyType>
  <anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">Z:\HD Movies</anyType>
  <anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">Y:\Movies</anyType>
</pclbPaths>

- fekker - 2009-04-05

smcnally75 Wrote:I'm trying to use MIP to only update my nfo files for media tagging to use with Stark. I set up MIP to only create a movie.nfo (not <moviename>.nfo) and to overwrite the existing nfo file. When I run autopilot and select "Update Media Information Only", it still creates the <moviename>.nfo file, and neither that or the movie.nfo file havd anything but the studio in the studio field (no media tags). What could I be doing wrong?

make sure that the config option for "Scan for movie media info" under the movie scan section (default on) ... and "Support skin based Flagging" (default off) are both enabled.

Not sure why it's making the moviename.nfo if its not set to, take a look in the config.xml and check the following setting
<pcbcreatemovienamedottbn>true</pcbcreatemovienamedottbn>
false is disabled, true is enabled.

everything from the config is setup in config.xml.. most items will start with p .. meaning it's a property .. pcb .. means property, check box (pcb).. and they are almost all pretty verbose in what they do.. the skin name's are not exactly what you might expect.. like pink is really blue.. but the other stuff makes sense for the most part.