Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-05

MrDVD Wrote:Ok i found the problem with the Backgrounds.
Here it display Background after switching it aslong i have selected "Create fanart.jpg"
When i turn off this option so that MIP only create Moviename-fanart.jpg i dont see it anymore after selecting a new background.

ahh... gotca.. i'll take a look at that one, good find!

midgetspy - djh_ is also reading up movie.tbn so the other shouldn't be necessary anymore as far as i know .. for the other data.. current fanart size and poster size.. i'll see what I can do about those .. i like the idea of having it show up under the selection section as the first item as well..

S__G - your right.. that option is missing it seems.. i'll see about adding it, I know i coded it.

Tuniq - run the command line tv show update and see if that does it.. it's got more checks in place and is more verbose..
open a command prompt .. change dir to c:\program files\mediainfoplus
run the following command
Code:
miptvupdate.exe -debug

- smcnally75 - 2009-04-05

thanks for the help. I have the data going in place now, but still have the nfo issue. The config.xml file shows:

<pcbcreatemovienamedotnfo>false</pcbcreatemovienamedotnfo>

and

<pcbcreatemovienamedottbn>false</pcbcreatemovienamedottbn>

The tagging is going into the new <moviename>.nfo , but it isn't going into the original movie.nfo

- fekker - 2009-04-05

smcnally75 Wrote:thanks for the help. I have the data going in place now, but still have the nfo issue. The config.xml file shows:

<pcbcreatemovienamedotnfo>false</pcbcreatemovienamedotnfo>

and

<pcbcreatemovienamedottbn>false</pcbcreatemovienamedottbn>

The tagging is going into the new <moviename>.nfo , but it isn't going into the original movie.nfo

checking.... ok, it was looking at the wrong config option for that one, fixing that and retesting.

fekker Wrote:checking.... ok, it was looking at the wrong config option for that one, fixing that and retesting.

Excellent! Thanks for looking into it so quickly Smile

- fekker - 2009-04-05

smcnally75 - give this one a try
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_build2842_exeonly.zip

fekker Wrote:smcnally75 - give this one a try
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_build2842_exeonly.zip

I'm still having the same issue for some reason :confused2:

- fekker - 2009-04-05

smcnally75 Wrote:I'm still having the same issue for some reason :confused2:

can you pastebin your config.xml .. gotta be something in there ..

is it still creating the moviename.nfo file as well?

It is not creating movie.nfo at all, it is just creating <moviename>.nfo. Here's the config.xml http://pastebin.com/m25e4cf51

- fekker - 2009-04-05

smcnally75 Wrote:It is not creating movie.nfo at all, it is just creating <moviename>.nfo. Here's the config.xml http://pastebin.com/m25e4cf51

ahh.. ic

you have them entered as file level items, but they are also in folders..

file level can only create <moviename>.tbn

#
<pclbPathsFileMode>
#
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">\\Mybookworld\movies\iso\Along Came Polly (2004)</anyType>
#
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">\\Mybookworld2\MOVIES\iso\Bee Movie (2007)</anyType>
#
</pclbPathsFileMode>

remove those from file level .. add in to folder level this one
\\Mybookworld2\MOVIES\iso\

that will be able to look at all the movies in that folder
you can test a single movie by just click on it to load it.. it won't do anything to the others unless ya do autopilot (which processes all of them)

Ahhh, ok. Yeah I was testing on a couple movies before hitting all of them. I didn't realize that would happen. Thanks for setting me straight Smile

- fekker - 2009-04-05

I'm going to add the fanart size to the toolbar, but it's not going to be displayed at lower resolutions directly on there, so i'll also add it to the "tools" menu which is where you can resize the background.. I'm just not sure where else to put the label, the screen is kinda full as it is for 1024x768 users.

At this point it will only be for movies.. once it's been in use for awhile and confirmed to not break image selection, i'll add the same code to shows and tunes (it's like 5 lines of code)

- hikaricore - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:that's very odd for sure, take a look in the config.xml, folder level items should be listed in the element pclbPaths
for example
Code:
<pclbPaths>
  <anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">Z:\SD Movies</anyType>
  <anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">Z:\HD Movies</anyType>
  <anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">Y:\Movies</anyType>
</pclbPaths>

Yup it's listed just fine.

Code:
<pclbPaths>                                                                                                    
    <anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">J:\</anyType>                                                                  
  </pclbPaths>

I'm thinking this issue is something to do with how it's reading the directory structure.
By finding the movie it stopped at I was able to move the next movie down a folder then back to where it belonged.
Upon refreshing the Load Movies function the new movie appeared in the list.

I'll be trying this with every folder in this directory and seeing if it resolves the issue.
I can't imagine what could possibly be wrong as it's detecting the file after it's moved back.
All permissions and file ownership are correct so this makes little sense. :p

**update** I've moved the files and there's been a change. Now everything from 0-B is showing and a few scattered after that.
I've noticed this application doesn't like to see directory names with a . at the end of them but changing the filename doesn't
necessarily mean that it will show up afterwards. I'm going through and renaming any folders with special characters in them
but it really seems there is no definite logic to this madness that I'm facing. :p

- fekker - 2009-04-05

hikaricore Wrote:Yup it's listed just fine.

Code:
<pclbPaths>                                                                                                    
    <anyType xsi:type="xsd:string">J:\</anyType>                                                                  
  </pclbPaths>

I'm thinking this issue is something to do with how it's reading the directory structure.
By finding the movie it stopped at I was able to move the next movie down a folder then back to where it belonged.
Upon refreshing the Load Movies function the new movie appeared in the list.

I'll be trying this with every folder in this directory and seeing if it resolves the issue.
I can't imagine what could possibly be wrong as it's detecting the file after it's moved back.
All permissions and file ownership are correct so this makes little sense. :p

i have no idea what's up with that, gotta be permissions or something ??
if you can narrow it down, maybe i can add some kind of check or something.

- fekker - 2009-04-05

Build 2844 - http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_build2844_exefilesonly.zip
- fixed .nfo being created when it was not suppose to be created.. was an error in which config value it was looking for
- added movie fanart size to toolbar, both in the toolbar, and under the tools menu
- added poster size to the picture box for movie (both folder.jpg and the tbn)
- added config option for tv shows to use either poster or wide image (default wide)
- includes all other fixes and changes from 2801
- movie mpaa and certification fields should now be created .. these are not yet appended to studio field
- mpaa rating should show for current movie, certification data should be in config only at this point, need to add to the gui for that field, xbmc will not use that field, but it will be used for skin based flagging by adding to studio area as outlined by jivetalker and digital high

note on studios.. they are read from the mystudios.xml file in the mip install directory.. you can add whatever else ya like to that file, i've got a few missing ones by default already that will be added sometime.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:i have no idea what's up with that, gotta be permissions or something ??
if you can narrow it down, maybe i can add some kind of check or something.

I renamed every single folder that had a . at the end of it's name and pretty much everything is being recognized now.
So whatever your app has against periods at the end of filenames lol i think it needs a good smacking around. ^_^

Thanks for all the help in leading me to discovering the cause.