Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-05

time to start again i think!

- sensei73 - 2009-04-05

Is there a way to add source disc inf .nfo (bluray, hd-dvd) ??

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-05

ok im starting again can someone give me a quick step by step to get best results !

thx in advance

- fekker - 2009-04-05

lestat1977uk Wrote:ok im starting again can someone give me a quick step by step to get best results !

thx in advance

1) leave default create options checked Big Grin
--- if you have changed and checked, unchecked, disabled, etc.. just remove config.xml and it'll start back up with the getting started wizard and reset everything to defaults.
2) go into config and check skin based tagging support, and wicked blue ui color scheme
3) run autopilot, leave the defaults, just pick poster on the left
4) select the movies as they appear

ok, the color scheme doesn't matter

now for posters, it's only checking impawards posters for autopilot.. no biggy, once it's done with autopliot, just click on the left, missing movie images and you'll have the ones that you'll need to change.

in the end, most if not everybody, ends up going back through and picking other options in the gui, that's kinda what mip's for, picking the images you want, changing the data to how you want it to be displayed.. etc

- fekker - 2009-04-05

sensei73 Wrote:Is there a way to add source disc inf .nfo (bluray, hd-dvd) ??

add it to the studios list via the mystudios.xml .. then select it for the movie
or manually type it into the gui..

i don't think it's being checked there in aeon, but it would be an easy change in the xml for it to lookinto that field for it

- fekker - 2009-04-06

Shadok Wrote:Looks like MIP doesn't like the apostrophe (build 2850).
When i try to load my tunes, it blocks on "Avril Lavigne - Let Go - 09 - Things I'll Never Say".

added to my fixit list

Quote:thanks! Sorry that I did not have the idea with the show id myself ... not very smart
i had to look at the code to remember the file name myself, and i never posted how to do that one before as it won't show in the gui under it can be pulled from tvdb.com

for that show, it looks like the text is english, but the lang is de, that's why it was flagged, of course that doesn't show up unless you manually grab a file that you have get via the middle of an api call..

- fekker - 2009-04-06

lestat1977uk Wrote:ok heres a weird one when i do auto pilot with a movie selected, in this canonball run, all folder,fanart etc goes into that folder and keeps over writting, therefore i end up with no fanart in the correct folders and only the last one scanned in canonball run!

wierdHuh

one more thing.. make sure your using the latest build, 2850

- david81 - 2009-04-06

As a test (and because I thought it was needed) I uploaded a new fanart for "10 Things..". It now shows 5 in the "Backgrounds" tab, but only 2 images are actually displayed.

After checking into it, it appears that the 3 missing backgrounds are png files.

Perhaps PNG backgrounds are not supported in MIP?

Edit: NM. I see that PNG isn't supported in XBMC according to the online manual.

- fekker - 2009-04-06

david81 Wrote:As a test (and because I thought it was needed) I uploaded a new fanart for "10 Things..". It now shows 5 in the "Backgrounds" tab, but only 2 images are actually displayed.

After checking into it, it appears that the 3 missing backgrounds are png files.

Perhaps PNG backgrounds are not supported in MIP?

Edit: NM. I see that PNG isn't supported in XBMC according to the online manual.
ahh yes.. i filtered those out at one point due to the size, the ones that where pngs where 5 and 6 megs.
i'll have to change that check around, there's a few areas that need to be updated, will take abit to fix.

I wonder how many items are impacted by this.. i could always take and send them through image magick and spit out a jpg file.
I think what i should do is get the embedded version of image magick working, so that mip has it internal to the app, then things like format conversion on the fly will be possible without requiring anything else be installed.
- thoughts on that?

TV Show general
-- this works for Alpha Centauri
I did find that if you change the lang for tvshows, you'll need to either set the number of days to update to 1 (temporary) so that it removes the cached english (default) version, or empty the folder where those are at
those zip files are here
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything\

also, for tvshows
The mpaa rating is not going to do much good at this point
here's the mpaa tvshow fun ..
if lang is 'us' then mpaa for tvshows is returned
TV-14

if lang is 'de' then mpaa for tvshows is returned
TV-14

if lang is es
TV-14

if lang is fr
TV-14

if lang is pl
TV-14

i'm seeing a pattern here.. it's always returning the same thing

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-06

Fekker thx man, will do that now, just one thing do i need delete any caches or anything as although i have removed nfos it still seems to be remembering my movie list?

- fekker - 2009-04-06

lestat1977uk Wrote:Fekker thx man, will do that now, just one thing do i need delete any caches or anything as although i have removed nfos it still seems to be remembering my movie list?

shouldn't be any need to, the movie list is dynamic, it comes from the folder or filename

mip doesn't store any information about what movies/shows you have, it's all on the fly

it keeps picking up this folde rnay ideas?

S-1-5-21-3792481449-4152345425-415383838-1000

- fekker - 2009-04-06

lestat1977uk Wrote:it keeps picking up this folde rnay ideas?

S-1-5-21-3792481449-4152345425-415383838-1000

that would be the recycle bin..
it should be ignoring that folder

as a workaround
C:\RECYCLER (or whatever drive it's on)
create a file called specialfolder.nfo .. just blank file.. make sure it's not specialfolder.nfo.txt .. in that folder, that's mips flag to ignore it.

will try that

- fekker - 2009-04-06

working on movie poster size's

what poster resizing do you all want for movie posters?
These will work just like fanart, so they will center and scale, keeping the aspect ratio for the image.
here's what i was thinking
320x480 (480)
360x540 (540)
384x576 (576)
480x720 (720)
720x1080 (1080)
800x1200 (1200)
1000x1500 (bigger Smile )

I've finished up movie poster compression, same settings as fanart as far as quality levels go.

and i've embedded image magick into mip now, so a seperate install is no longer required for 32bit os's.. not sure yet on 64bit