Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-06

Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadok View Post
Looks like MIP doesn't like the apostrophe (build 2850).
When i try to load my tunes, it blocks on "Avril Lavigne - Let Go - 09 - Things I'll Never Say".
added to my fixit list

Ok i made up a mp3 with all the tag data for that song, it loaded without any problems.. i wonder if there's something specific to that file's tag that's causing an issue.

- fekker - 2009-04-06

Build 2852 - Bleeding Edge test build - http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mediainfoplus_build2852_exefiles_and_image_magick_embedded.7z
- added movie poster compression options
- added movie poster resize options
- fixed netnetnetnetnet issue with episodes
- enabled the "." and "_" options to be disable for file level items
- embedded image magick - no longer requires seperate install to work

- fekker - 2009-04-06

- fixed error on refresh of imdb data
- changed auto-pilot media update only to just update the status, speeding things up abit.

http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mediainfoplus_rev2853_exefiles_and_imagemagick_embedded.7z

- Montellese - 2009-04-06

fekker Wrote:Ok i made up a mp3 with all the tag data for that song, it loaded without any problems.. i wonder if there's something specific to that file's tag that's causing an issue.

Well I got similar problems with movies. Special characters like in "Æon Flux" seem to work now in movie titles, but text like "it's" or "they're" always show with the unicode html entity for the apostroph in the Tag-Line and Outline of the movie.

Gonna test the issue I had with "." in movie names this evening when I'm home and will let you know if it works now.

- Shadok - 2009-04-06

I'll post its id tags this evening Smile

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-04-06

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Anyway I've a proposition for Writers and <credits>. It seems that current MIP behaviour pulls all the names and the result looks quite messed up with many skins. Can you import only the same data what XBMC IMDb scraper does? Which are only two writers in main summary on IMDb page I believe = second and third names you are currently pulling, but things like (written by) (characters) etc and "&" should be trimmed. In your current data the first name is always director which is just waste of space to include him again. Results with so many names just doesn't look good for Writers: in most of XBMC skins.

Anything new concering this?

Montellese Wrote:Well I got similar problems with movies. Special characters like in "Æon Flux" seem to work now in movie titles, but text like "it's" or "they're" always show with the unicode html entity for the apostroph in the Tag-Line and Outline of the movie.

There was same problem with Character or Actor's name when I last checked. I.e.: lot of actors in Apocalypto have "á" in their name, etc.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:There was same problem with Character or Actor's name when I last checked. I.e.: lot of actors in Apocalypto have "á" in their name, etc.

Yeah I remember having the same issue with the movie "Léon the Professional".

- Halibutt - 2009-04-06

Montellese Wrote:Yeah I remember having the same issue with the movie "Léon the Professional".
This might be a problem with the skin you're using, and not necessarily with MIP. Aeon Stark for instance uses non-Unicode fonts by default. Install this fontset or find the one that suits you and all should be fine.

Halibutt Wrote:This might be a problem with the skin you're using, and not necessarily with MIP. Aeon Stark for instance uses non-Unicode fonts by default. Install this fontset or find the one that suits you and all should be fine.

Well it would be if it would show correctly in MIP itself. But it doesn't even there. In the input field where you can see the title or the description in MIP itself I can see the unicode html entities instead of the special chars. "Léon the Professional" is shown as "L&#0E9;on the Professional" both in MIP and in XBMC using Aeon Stark.

As I mentioned earlier I had the same problem with the movie "Æon Flux" which showed both in MIP and Aeon Stark as "&#0C6;on Flux". Then I downloaded the latest build and this one was fixed but other's still aren't. Same problem goes for the apostroph ( ' ) which shows as "". And here it can't be the Aeon Stark skin because the apostroph is also part of the ASCII charset.

All these characters show perfectly well in Aeon Stark as soon as I replace their html entity in MIP with their corresponding symbol and save it manually.

EDIT: Looks like the forum doesn't like me writing html entities plain text in my posts...

- Tuniq - 2009-04-06

fekker Wrote:wow.. great find.. tried it myself and it works.. didn't even do the reboot it said i needed to and the episode images where loaded..

how on earth did ya find that ?

Because I also couldn't see the images on thetvdb in IE or firefox I figured that there maybe was something wrong with the internet connection. And netsh winsock reset is an command that removes all winsock LSP.
Basically it kind of resets your internet connection. And it workedBig Grin!

- Anacotic - 2009-04-06

Just wanna ask how far the german scrapper is Big Grin

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-06

Hi Fekker that folder is still being dectected! any ideas , i did what u said but no joy

- miljbee - 2009-04-06

Hello,

I don't currently use this app, but would like to give it a try.

I have been a bit lazzy, and haven't read this huge post ... Sorry !

Can I Run MIP from a different computer than the one on which XBMC Runs ?
(Means that full path of movies, music, ... will be different)

Does it supports french scrappers for movies ?

Thank you for your help !

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-06

@fekker - Working with the newest version Well, 2852), and I'm running into some trouble manually setting the studio tag. I *thought* it should work so that when I type in or select the studio from the info box and then save it should save to the skin tag and studioreal, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I have to change it in both the studio and skin tag sections, and then when I select another movie and then select back to the one I'd changed, it only shows in the skin tag...

Edit:

Also, now MPAA tag is coming back as "RUnratedPG-13". This is gonna throw up major false positives...

- smcnally75 - 2009-04-06

Thanks for the help, fekker. It worked great for what I needed once I set it up properly.