Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- JRuss2k - 2009-04-06

Hello,

I am new to XBMC and MIP and love them both. Have a few questions I could not find the answer to.

1. Besides portability is there any advantage to using the nfo and images in separate files instead of just inside XBMC?

2. Is there a way to have all the movies (or music) in a folder and all the supporting files (nfo, jpgs, and thn) in a subfolders? This would keep all the movies/tv shows to be easy to scroll in Windows.

3. What is a good program to create a folder for each movie and move them there (assuming I can't do #2)? Also is there a program that will rename the movies/folders to include the date? I understand this is the more common way to do it.

Thanks in advance!

- krypt2nite - 2009-04-06

digitalhigh Wrote:@fekker - Working with the newest version Well, 2852), and I'm running into some trouble manually setting the studio tag. I *thought* it should work so that when I type in or select the studio from the info box and then save it should save to the skin tag and studioreal, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I have to change it in both the studio and skin tag sections, and then when I select another movie and then select back to the one I'd changed, it only shows in the skin tag...

Edit:

Also, now MPAA tag is coming back as "RUnratedPG-13". This is gonna throw up major false positives...

I have also noticed this behavior putting latest version through it's paces.

- fekker - 2009-04-06

Ascii
I'm looking into a way to cover the Ascii chars, right now i'm fixing them as they come up. This is an issue with my scraper in MIP and the filtering of the content it finds.

If you find them in a field, please note the following
imdbid - so i can check what's coming in
what field its in - so i can make sure that field is being filtered
the text ya see - just makes it easier to isolate

Can I Run MIP from a different computer than the one on which XBMC Runs ?
(Means that full path of movies, music, ... will be different)

yup, it writes the data to the movie (show/music) location and doesn't populate the file location in the .nfo file.

looks like the studio selection dialog is failing in the latest builds, i know what's wrong, i'll get it fixed up.

you can type it in and click save, that will force the fields you see in the gui to be written just like you enter them..

I'll match xbmc's writer data best i can.

not sure what's up with the mpaa tag.. is that on all movies or a specific one?

ofdb scraper is still in process, it's being a pain.

Does it supports french scrappers for movies ?
- not yet, ofdb is in progress, after that I see about other versions.

keep in mind, i have no idea what those sites say, so i'm using google translate to see what's what.. some fields, i'm sure, will be in the wrong place.

- fekker - 2009-04-06

JRuss2k Wrote:Hello,

I am new to XBMC and MIP and love them both. Have a few questions I could not find the answer to.

1. Besides portability is there any advantage to using the nfo and images in separate files instead of just inside XBMC?
yes and no, it's more initial work, and allows greater customization to what's being displayed, but's it not required.. xbmc's built in scrapers are great for pulling data from loads of different place. There's more customizations being added to skins that pull in data not native to xbmc.. Aeon and Serenity both pull in additional images, from huge posters to media images and tag information, the customizations are very cool imho.

Quote:2. Is there a way to have all the movies (or music) in a folder and all the supporting files (nfo, jpgs, and thn) in a subfolders? This would keep all the movies/tv shows to be easy to scroll in Windows.
nope, it has to be in the same location
using folders works great in windows.. and it does display the folder.jpg and fanart (depending on windows folder view settings).

Quote:3. What is a good program to create a folder for each movie and move them there (assuming I can't do #2)? Also is there a program that will rename the movies/folders to include the date? I understand this is the more common way to do it.
Load the file level movies in mip (go into the settings, under the movie tab, there's an area to add file level movies)
when you click on the movie to show it in MIP, there's a button that appears for file level movies that will create the folder and move the data. It doesn't get all the stacked items, so some manual work will still be required, but I think it's helpful and saves time.

click load movies button
click on first movie in left list box
on right side of screen, click move to folder
click on the next movie
repeat..
after all are done, exit mip, go to your file level folder and see if there's any stacked items that need to be moved, drag and drop whatever is still there into it's folder
open mip, go into the settings, remove the path from file level and put it in folder level.

- JRuss2k - 2009-04-06

Thank you for the quick reply. Generally, speaking do most people keep all movies in a separate folder with all the additional files or in a single folder?

For fanart.jpg, are there multiple fanarts to choose from or just the one that is fanart.jpg?

- deano72 - 2009-04-06

Fekker, Just a quickie. using 2850. A few of my films folder.jpg are all of something completely different. E.g. College (2008) scrapes to give me a folder.jpg of college hoops xbox gameHuh? Lol.
Other ones , e.g Eden Lake (2008) gives me Lake House.
The fanart is perfect, and correct for the relevant movie, but in my folder of the individual films, the folder.jpg shows up as different one.
I am being dull and chose some wrong options on autopilot? or have i done something else wrong?
Cheers,
Deano72

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-06

JRuss2k Wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. Generally, speaking do most people keep all movies in a separate folder with all the additional files or in a single folder?

For fanart.jpg, are there multiple fanarts to choose from or just the one that is fanart.jpg?

I think most people probably do it with each movie in it's own subfolder, as it makes it easier to have DVD's and archived movies in a collection.

There are multiple fanart images available for most movies, however, XBMC just grabs the first one it finds. This is why MIP is so great.

If none exist for a specific movie, you can request that they be made.

- JRuss2k - 2009-04-06

Makes sense. I don't have any DVDs (TS_VIDEO) but I can see how that would be required.

So XBMC just grabs fanart.jpg? Whereas MIP will give me several fanarts? If that is the case then are they just named differently, e.g., fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg...? Can we somehow rotate through them randomly (similar to XBMC random backgrounds) or do we pick the one we want and name it fanart.jpg then rename it when we want to switch (assuming we have to flush the cache for the movie first)?

Thanks!

- Montellese - 2009-04-06

fekker Wrote:Ascii
I'm looking into a way to cover the Ascii chars, right now i'm fixing them as they come up. This is an issue with my scraper in MIP and the filtering of the content it finds.

If you find them in a field, please note the following
imdbid - so i can check what's coming in
what field its in - so i can make sure that field is being filtered
the text ya see - just makes it easier to isolate

Ok as already mentioned above my favorite example is the movie "Léon the Professional" which is parsed from IMDB ID tt0110413. The title shows as "Léon".

Another example I just found is the movie "50 First Dates" with the IMDB ID tt0343660. The tagline reads:

Quote:Imagine having to win over the girl of your dreams... every friggin' day.

I also just noticed that Æon Flux still doesn't work. Maybe I just changed it manually. IMDB ID is tt0402022 and the title reads "Æon Flux".

I will provide you with further examples if I stumble across them.

- Ayla - 2009-04-06

Fekker,

I have created .nfo's for my movies with Media Companion.

MC has named the .nfo's after filename.

I loaded them in MIP (I'm using build rev2853) and chose to only update media information (to get the HD tags etc. ready for Aeon Stark).

But, MIP just creates a new "movie.nfo" file in the folder and renames the other .nfo.

Am I doing something wrong or isn't what I'm trying to do, supported yet?

- Montellese - 2009-04-06

It is supported as it works for me.

Do you have a folder level or file level system?
Check all the settings where you can define how to create and name your nfo's and tbn's.

- Ayla - 2009-04-06

Montellese Wrote:It is supported as it works for me.

Do you have a folder level or file level system?
Check all the settings where you can define how to create and name your nfo's and tbn's.

You have the same setup as I, with MC and then MIP for mediainfo?

I use folder level.

Maybe I missed an overwrite .nfo option...

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-06

fekker Wrote:working on movie poster size's

what poster resizing do you all want for movie posters?
These will work just like fanart, so they will center and scale, keeping the aspect ratio for the image.
here's what i was thinking
320x480 (480)
360x540 (540)
384x576 (576)
480x720 (720)
720x1080 (1080)
800x1200 (1200)
1000x1500 (bigger Smile )

I've finished up movie poster compression, same settings as fanart as far as quality levels go.

and i've embedded image magick into mip now, so a seperate install is no longer required for 32bit os's.. not sure yet on 64bit

It would be nice to have one poster small and compressed and one full screen height (1200) at high quality. That way skins such as Stark and Serenity could have a small poster and their prefered "thumb" image size (whatever that is?) for use when scrolling through titles and high quality for when the title is full screen and there aren't loads of other big images to be dealing with.

- fekker - 2009-04-06

Ayla Wrote:You have the same setup as I, with MC and then MIP for mediainfo?

I use folder level.

Maybe I missed an overwrite .nfo option...

Please pastebin one of the .nfo that mip is renaming, and the name(s) of the files and foldername. It may be an invalid xml file.

Stacked items are handled differently between MIP and media Companion, but MIP should automatically copy that to the format I use.

Quote:Ok as already mentioned above my favorite example is the movie "Léon the Professional" which is parsed from IMDB ID tt0110413. The title shows as "Léon".
Ok i've fixed that up on all fields for all items that it can decode, turns out there's a build in function that I can call from another library to do that for me. much easier.

I have not been able to get it to encode to a format that imdb will take as a searchstring yet.. i.e. if the foldername is Léon it fails to find anything

Quote:It would be nice to have one poster small and compressed and one full screen height (1200) at high quality. That way skins such as Stark and Serenity could have a small poster and their prefered "thumb" image size (whatever that is?) for use when scrolling through titles and high quality for when the title is full screen and there aren't loads of other big images to be dealing with.
I'll split it so you can compress / resize either the folder.jpg, <moviename>.tbn, or movie.tbn file, or all at once.. just have to think of a way that doesn't add 50 more drop down items to choose from, maybe it should just be a dialog that pops up and one button that brings that dialog up.

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-06

fekker Wrote:Please pastebin one of the .nfo that mip is renaming, and the name(s) of the files and foldername. It may be an invalid xml file.

Stacked items are handled differently between MIP and media Companion, but MIP should automatically copy that to the format I use.

Ok i've fixed that up on all fields for all items that it can decode, turns out there's a build in function that I can call from another library to do that for me. much easier.

I have not been able to get it to encode to a format that imdb will take as a searchstring yet.. i.e. if the foldername is Léon it fails to find anything

I'll split it so you can compress / resize either the folder.jpg, <moviename>.tbn, or movie.tbn file, or all at once.. just have to think of a way that doesn't add 50 more drop down items to choose from, maybe it should just be a dialog that pops up and one button that brings that dialog up.
That sounds good. I can't remember which image should be big and which should be small so anything that suggests "best skin compatibility" would be good. If the config had the 2 preferred sizes in it then couldn't both automatically be re-sized whenever a new poster was selected? Or maybe have a dialog popup "Do you wish to optimise your poster resolution?" whenever "Load Movies" is clicked on?

Obviously the aspect ratios of posters vary slightly so I'd suggest that the resized image should be exactly the desired height but the width may vary a little.