Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- maui917 - 2009-04-10

I'm having any issue with an TV episode not being picked up by the update shows function. The episode is there, with the exact same naming convention as previous episodes, but IMP isn't picking it up. Is there anyway to add it manually? When I update my library on my xbox it isn't picking it up either and I don't know why, if I go into files view it's there and I can watch it, it's just not being picked up by the scanner, any ideas?

- fekker - 2009-04-11

maui917 Wrote:I'm having any issue with an TV episode not being picked up by the update shows function. The episode is there, with the exact same naming convention as previous episodes, but IMP isn't picking it up. Is there anyway to add it manually? When I update my library on my xbox it isn't picking it up either and I don't know why, if I go into files view it's there and I can watch it, it's just not being picked up by the scanner, any ideas?

Here's some info that will be helpfull
1) Mip is set, by default, to check for new updates to shows after 5 days from the last modified date on the archive from thetvdb.. so if it's a new show that just came out, it may / may not be in that data.. change to 1 day in the settings if you want it to reload every time you hit load shows button.
2) If an episode is not in the correct format, it will show in the dialog box that it couldn't figure out what the show was

and here's what I need to help ya with this one
the name of the file for that show
the name of the tvshow
the lang your using (as configured in the settings, default is en)

- fekker

- maui917 - 2009-04-11

fekker Wrote:Here's some info that will be helpfull
1) Mip is set, by default, to check for new updates to shows after 5 days from the last modified date on the archive from thetvdb.. so if it's a new show that just came out, it may / may not be in that data.. change to 1 day in the settings if you want it to reload every time you hit load shows button.
2) If an episode is not in the correct format, it will show in the dialog box that it couldn't figure out what the show was

and here's what I need to help ya with this one
the name of the file for that show
the name of the tvshow
the lang your using (as configured in the settings, default is en)

- fekker

I do have the last modified date set to 1 day, but yes its a brand new episode from last night.

The file name for the show: 30.Rock.S03E17.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi
Name of the Show: 30 Rock
Language: English

- PashaK - 2009-04-11

in regards to exporting the library from xbmc, how do you get MIP to see it? do i just put the exported library file and copy it into the same directory as the movies? do i have to rename it to anything for MIP to see it?

my xbmc is on a htpc, and movies are on a seperate server.

this will greatly reduce the amount of time i spend in MIP choosing which movie it is out of the list that comes up for every movie, bcos i have the library in xbmc already setup.

thanx in advance

- nu1mlock - 2009-04-11

Hello!

I tried MIP for the first time yesterday. It seems pretty easy to use.

However, when I scanned my collection of movies and then re-scanned my content from whithin XBMC, a LOT of the previous covers and fanart was gone! 98% (yes, 98%) of my movies won't show any Studio-flags or anything. Many do, however, show Media Format (BlyRay & HDDVD). Still, most of the movies won't.

I've tried to delete the library and start fresh with a new scan of my content, but the problem is still there.

Also, MIP won't find almost any info of my movies, so Media Flagging doesn't really work. However, I belive this is because 99% of my movies are rar'ed, and I guess MIP doesn't unpack the files to search the video for resolution and such.

This is the look of my collection:

/Movies/
/The.Matrix.1999.1080p.HDDVD.x264-GROUP/
/fanart.jpg
/movie.nfo
/The.Matrix.1999.1080p.HDDVD.x264-GROUP.nfo
/the.matrix.1999.1080p.hddvd.x264-GROUP.part01.rar -> part86.rar
/The.Matrix.1999.1080p.HDDVD.x264-hV-fanart.jpg (same as fanart.jpg)

This movie does NOT have Studio, resolution or sound-tag. It does, however, have Format-tag (HDDVD). It also doesn't have a cover or fanart. And there's no way of choosing one.

Since MIP have overwritten all my scene-nfo's WITHOUT me ticking that box when running "Auto Pilot", there's no going back to before either.

Any ideas?

EDIT: And yes, all my movies do have BluRay or HDDVD in their foldername, except some with BD9 instead (these, I know won't have any Format-tag).

nu1mlock

- hikaricore - 2009-04-11

I've looked a few times and not found an option to do so, but how do I get MIP to leave my scene nfos the hell alone? lol
It's not overwriting any of them but still insists on renaming them. >.>

- Roborob - 2009-04-11

Downloaded the new version, movies working fine, but with TVshows I get an Error. Did some search and I found something about 0 bytes files in C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything . How can I Solve the problem, all the files have 0b tried to delete and all files are 0b again. And reinstalled MIP ??

- Hitcher - 2009-04-11

Could be the fact that TVdb is not working properly.

- Roborob - 2009-04-11

Hitcher Wrote:Could be the fact that TVdb is not working properly.

That was it I think. Everything working now Big Grin

- Bob___ - 2009-04-11

Roborob Wrote:That was it I think. Everything working now Big Grin

Is it for sure that everything is working again at TVDB? With MIP i get everytime only a "no show data exists for the following shows" No

- Vampirebat - 2009-04-11

Weavus Wrote:How about a feature to populate the selected movie with a black background for the fanart/backdrop? Some of the fanart in TMDB is shocking and while people say I should create my own sometimes there is just not suitable source material available and I'd rather have nothing than a 200x320 picture blown up to 1920x1080. Being able to do that via MIP would be great...

try this to get hi def screenies from your movies if you wanna make your own fanart.
it works well and once its all set up it only takes a few mins unless you wanna photoshop the hell out of it.
personally i like my backdrops to be just high res photos from the movies with very little/no writing.
otherwise just open a paint program and create a 1920 x 1080 rectangle and fill it in with black then save it and dump the file in your fanart folder in the MIP folder so you can set it manually on the movies that wont pull up fanart off one of the scraper DBs.

- Vampirebat - 2009-04-11

Bob___ Wrote:Is it for sure that everything is working again at TVDB? With MIP i get everytime only a "no show data exists for the following shows" No

i had that issue with some of my tv shows until i changed the way i had the episodes labeled and then it worked great.
how do you have your folders and episodes labeled?

- midgetspy - 2009-04-11

Does the filtering stuff work for anybody? For me if I click "Movies without fanart" or whatever nothing happens even though it should filter out basically all my movies.

- Bob___ - 2009-04-11

For example: The series "24". I labeled the folder "Twenty Four", but MIP didn't catch this folder Sad
Nevertheless i achieved it that some other folder were recognized but there is no background or poster art for the series title/episode from TVDB No

So my conclusion is that TVDB is not right on top again...

- MaxNL - 2009-04-12

Fekker,

just a quick question, do you think it could be possible for mip to just connect directly to xbmc database an do he insert, update work also in there so... voilĂ  xbmc updated.....

bye
Max