Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-14

Walhalla Wrote:You are totally right, ofdb has no tagline .. i think we should just leave it empty or empty it. Thats not the best i know, but i don't know another german movie database of that kind.

Can you implement the option in a way that you can select what you want to update from Ofdb, as i want to keep the rating as example from imdb.

hmm i think you need to much filters to cover all the possibilities don't know how to do it best. If have seperate folders for each film. i will send you some directory names through pm.

EDIT: hmm is PM not working here ?

I'll see about making the ofdb more granular for what to use and what to keep

from the pm you sent to me, it appears the folders are using something similar to what the file was called, makes sense to me.. so i'll add the option to apply file level filters to folders.. this will clean up that folder name as if it was a file, tested on the list you sent to me, works like a champ!

- fekker - 2009-04-14

Anyone tried the changed installer? (2865)
does it work correctly?

I have a few patches, but they are based off 2865 and the new install, so i have not released them yet.

Ok here's 2870 full installer
-- adds ofdb updates to movie information (this is found under the tools menu, for the currently displayed movie..)
-- go into the settings and choose which fields you want to update with that data
--Add's 0k file checks to command line and gui based tvshows, this should help when tvdb has a problem or returns nothing for the zip file
--contains the imdbid.txt file option
--fixes a bunch of little bugs that I noticed, nothing major
--add's additional output to command line tv show updates when you use the -debug flag on it
--fixes the impawards posters with the new format, run update known posters under the movie rename tab (i know, weird place) to update those known impaward posters (not necessary if doing a full install with no prior install of mip)
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/MediaInfoPlus_2.0.1_build2870_fullinstaller.zip

if your running 2801 to 2860 ... this should be a full patch to get you up to date
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mediainfoplus_build2870_FullUpdatefiles_build2801_to_2870.7z

if your running 2861 or higher, try this one
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mediainfoplus_build2870_update_exefiles.7z

when in doubt, use the full installer
if you didn't update to 2861 before today, make sure you clear out your imdb cache files or you'll be missing movie information (see first page for details on where that is)

if you need a portable version, grab the full installer on a windows box, install it, compress the directory and put it whereever ya like (before running it!)..

that should cover just about every version..

i haven't added the tv poster resize yet, it's on the list
also on the list is the bugged filter for file level movies
and of course the 3d box shots counter is still on crack

This is a much smaller installer, which i tested, but didn't hear back from anyone else.. should work, might not.

- diemos - 2009-04-14

thank you very much, awesome updates and amazing job, looking forward to kinopoisk integration in the future. Smile

- Talle - 2009-04-14

fekker Wrote:I'm not sure i understand the issue or problem, can you provide an example with details of the folder / file names and what's created, or not created, as well as what images it's got.. is this issue with MIP or when you load the movie in xbmc?

edit the tag and click on the save button, that should force it.

Sorry for not being very clear, my post started out to be an answer to the post above, but turned itself into a question...

The problem seem to be when presented in XBMC, some of the Icons in the bottom are left out (not the same all the time and not in all movies, I will see if I can find a pattern... (bluRay is taken from filename I know that.)
The issue is with the other 3...

I get back to you if I can find a pattern in wich are left out.

- MrDVD - 2009-04-14

I also have to thx you very much for this update, finaly OFDB is inside Smile

I still have some question to this new release.

First, is it possible that you skip actors thumb with "http://i.media-imdb.com/images/tn15/addtiny.gif" in the url ? I think xbmc own pic looks better than this white one from imdb ? (to me looks it like as xbmc internal ofdb scraper did it this way)

2nd, how i can i make OFDB as default for the selected parts ? At the moment i have to go to tools and select OFDB for each movie ?

3rd, would it be possible that you add after </movie> in an new line the whole url to imdb ? For an example when i run MIP over "1.Mord.fuer.2.2007.German.AC3.720p.Bluray.x264" and than add it inside xbmc to the db, xbmc still ask for the correct name but when i have "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0857265/" at the end of the file it didnt ask. (OFDB is selected as internal scraper)

- masterosok - 2009-04-14

fekker Wrote:edit the tag and click on the save button, that should force it.

That works, but if you decide to, or inadvertently click on the movie in your movie list again, it rescans the file and changes the nfo back to whatever it detects from the movie media scan. I have a few 768p files and since there isn't a flag image for that... afaik, I am trying to change them all to 720p so something comes up.

Is this by design, or is there a way to prevent it from autosaving the nfo file, unless you use refresh.

I tried disabling the save nfo file options and the overwrite both nfo options, but by doing that it doesn't save the nfo when I click save to manually save it.

Edit: I think I found a work around for the meantime... not sure if it will work. I am at work and can't really test it cause XBMC loads horribly slow over VNC on my measily DSL connection. I just editted my Include_MediaFlags.xml so that for every instance of
Code:
substring(listitem.studio,720p)
I added
Code:
| substring(listitem.studio,768p)
to it and hopefully that will make the 720p.png load for any movies that have a 768p tag

- Walhalla - 2009-04-14

@fekker

the new features work like a charm. Thank you very much.

Now i have some requests regarding this features Smile

1. Would it be possible to change the way how MIP names the fanart, nfo and poster? Because if i check "Select Apply File Level Filters to Folder Names" it cleans the directory name as it should, but names the files with the filtered string. This makes no sense if you also use "Allow Automatic Movie File renaming". It would be better if he uses the directory name for all files.

2. When he cleans up the directory name is it possible that he is doesn't strips spaces after the movie name? As i got tags in the nfo file like <title>Alexander </title>

3. Is it possible to change MIP that he is also using the release year of the directory for querying imdb, when you selected "Use everything before the Year as the Movie Name?

4. Can you make a option for the ofdb scanning to scan all movies in the list at once?
When can we expect an automatic search? First imdb then ofdb right after selecting the movie in the list.

I'm really sorry for my bad english. I hope you get what i mean Smile

- Bram77 - 2009-04-14

Oehhh.... I wish this one could run on Linux. Tried it with Wine (latest version...no-go) and with Mono (no-go).

- hikaricore - 2009-04-14

Bram77 Wrote:Oehhh.... I wish this one could run on Linux. Tried it with Wine (latest version...no-go) and with Mono (no-go).

Works fine for me. It was just a pain in the ass to get working in the first place. :p
Good luck.

- Bob___ - 2009-04-14

What can i do, if MIP recognizes a series in a wrong way?
For example: I have some episodes of "House" (<- this is also the folder name). MIP and TVDB.com think that this folder contains episodes of "Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible" ShockedConfusedOo

How can i change this bad situation? Is there a way to say MIP to rescan this folder from the scratch and then hopefully with the right "House"?!

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-14

Bob___ Wrote:What can i do, if MIP recognizes a series in a wrong way?
For example: I have some episodes of "House" (<- this is also the folder name). MIP and TVDB.com think that this folder contains episodes of "Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible" ShockedConfusedOo

How can i change this bad situation? Is there a way to say MIP to rescan this folder from the scratch and then hopefully with the right "House"?!

For house to recognize, it should be called House M.D.. Wink

Delete all the .nfo's, rename the folder, and all *should* be well.

@fekker -

Howabout that flag to tell the skin if extra media is avail or not? Big Grin

- david81 - 2009-04-15

Little request here....

Is it possible to allow TV episodes to reside in a folder by show name only?
eg TV Shows\Lost\Lost episodes go here

I know that currently we need another folder to tell MIP to pick up the episodes, but how about some sort of allepisodes.txt file or something instead. My current recording program puts each recording into a folder for that particular show and I'd love to be able to leave those recordings as is. They should come from the recorder properly named so there should be no trouble in MIP picking them up.

Thoughts?

On another note....are .ts files supported? I thought there were but I have a few that are not showing up in a scan.

- fekker - 2009-04-15

Walhalla Wrote:@fekker

the new features work like a charm. Thank you very much.

Now i have some requests regarding this features Smile

1. Would it be possible to change the way how MIP names the fanart, nfo and poster? Because if i check "Select Apply File Level Filters to Folder Names" it cleans the directory name as it should, but names the files with the filtered string. This makes no sense if you also use "Allow Automatic Movie File renaming". It would be better if he uses the directory name for all files.
with the movie.nfo, movie.tbn, and fanart.jpg, the file names no longer matter.. with older versions of xbmc the names matter, so the option to rename the actual file is still valid. I can see about changing some of that, but it's linked all over the place and may break more then it's worth.

Quote:2. When he cleans up the directory name is it possible that he is doesn't strips spaces after the movie name? As i got tags in the nfo file like <title>Alexander </title>
I'll add trim to the cleanup so it'll get rid of the spaces

Quote:3. Is it possible to change MIP that he is also using the release year of the directory for querying imdb, when you selected "Use everything before the Year as the Movie Name?
Depending how many filters (and which filters) you have applied and where the year is at in the string, it will keep it or strip it out. Create a few test folders and try different combo's of things.. if you have a specific need for a filter, i'll see about adding it in or adding a user level filter. (provide examples please)

Quote:4. Can you make a option for the ofdb scanning to scan all movies in the list at once?
When can we expect an automatic search? First imdb then ofdb right after selecting the movie in the list.

I'm really sorry for my bad english. I hope you get what i mean Smile
I'll be adding something similar to that once I get that part reworked to support more scraper options.. I'm still trying to figure out how to be able to use xbmc's scrapers directly (most of my regex's come from xbmc's regex's with slight changes as required)

Your english is way better then my german Big Grin no worries.

- fekker - 2009-04-15

masterosok Wrote:That works, but if you decide to, or inadvertently click on the movie in your movie list again, it rescans the file and changes the nfo back to whatever it detects from the movie media scan. I have a few 768p files and since there isn't a flag image for that... afaik, I am trying to change them all to 720p so something comes up.

Is this by design, or is there a way to prevent it from autosaving the nfo file, unless you use refresh.

I tried disabling the save nfo file options and the overwrite both nfo options, but by doing that it doesn't save the nfo when I click save to manually save it.

Edit: I think I found a work around for the meantime... not sure if it will work. I am at work and can't really test it cause XBMC loads horribly slow over VNC on my measily DSL connection. I just editted my Include_MediaFlags.xml so that for every instance of
Code:
substring(listitem.studio,720p)
I added
Code:
| substring(listitem.studio,768p)
to it and hopefully that will make the 720p.png load for any movies that have a 768p tag
I'll check that one, i'll bet i missed a flag telling it that the information was already from an info file (which tell's mip not to rescan for it)

Linux - OSX - Wine
wine can be a real pain to get going.. get the latest version of wine first and compile it.. make sure you remove old versions, use winetricks for the .net 2.0 install.. it should work after that. I'll be making a less intense gui for wine users in hopes that it'll speed things up.

The native version (mono) is still a ways out, i don't think i'll be able to dive into it for a few months as it'll take a full rewrite to get going and i don't think i'll have the time until things are sorted out IRL with some other matters. The first step will be splitting all the functions (which i've been doing slowly) and converting those over to c#, using the windows version as things are added / changed over. Then it'll be the new gui, .net but without any component factory items (i.e. standard forms).

There's only a few more things to add to this version before it's where i consider it stable and done. Once I hit that mark, mass conversion and rewriting it to c# will take place.. once stable under that code, i'll make any changes required for mono to work correctly with it.

Before i get that going i need to rework some areas of mip that are from the very early versions. Like the scrapers.

Quote:Little request here....

Is it possible to allow TV episodes to reside in a folder by show name only?
eg TV Shows\Lost\Lost episodes go here
yup, i'll add it.

Quote:On another note....are .ts files supported? I thought there were but I have a few that are not showing up in a scan.
yeah, those should be showing up.. i think the little flag (bottom left part of mip's screen) doesn't turn green (minor gui glitch, doesn't do anything, just a visual quick check), but the files and all that should work for.

Quote:@fekker -

Howabout that flag to tell the skin if extra media is avail or not?
i think it's going to be a file that you can check for.. hasextras.txt or something like that (a cooler name would be better)... that way it's dynamic and outside of the database so it doesn't need a rescan of the .nfo to work in the skin. hows that sound?
also need to add a filter in mip for those items when i fix the file level filters. i.e. show me movies without media images.

- Walhalla - 2009-04-15

fekker Wrote:with the movie.nfo, movie.tbn, and fanart.jpg, the file names no longer matter.. with older versions of xbmc the names matter, so the option to rename the actual file is still valid. I can see about changing some of that, but it's linked all over the place and may break more then it's worth.

hmm okay, its more a visual thing, as it "looks" better when all files are named the same and i already started this way. Bad time to switch to movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg. Perhaps an extra checkbox for renaming all files with the movie file at the end batch?

fekker Wrote:Depending how many filters (and which filters) you have applied and where the year is at in the string, it will keep it or strip it out. Create a few test folders and try different combo's of things.. if you have a specific need for a filter, i'll see about adding it in or adding a user level filter. (provide examples please)

hmm the most time i have 1080p or German after the Year so if i select "Use everything before the Year as the Movie Name" it skips the year as its supposed to. How about a extra checkbox for the selected language?

If Certification Language = Germany then skip German ...