Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- david81 - 2009-04-15

fekker Wrote:yup, i'll add it.

Now that's what I call support Smile Thanks a million

fekker Wrote:yeah, those should be showing up.. i think the little flag (bottom left part of mip's screen) doesn't turn green (minor gui glitch, doesn't do anything, just a visual quick check), but the files and all that should work for.

Odd, nothing here on at least one of the ts files. I deleted the other that wasn't showing up as it was corrupted, but the following is a valid file.

TV Shows\Heroes\Season 3\Heroes-S03E23-1961.ts

When scanning shows I get no season or episodes listed for Heroes. Same naming convention is used for other shows that do work.

Any thoughts?

- Vampirebat - 2009-04-15

question and sorry if this has been asked or answered before but i did not find it.
when i load my tv shows MIP doesn't pull cover art for everything most likely because it isnt available from any site that are scrapeable which is fine but most of them i have my own cover art and BGs for but i don't see any way to add them manually because in the Tv Shows section "add poster" and "add Background" are both grayed out?
i can add them manually as needed but it would be nice if i could do this from within MIP...any ideas?

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-15

fekker Wrote:i think it's going to be a file that you can check for.. hasextras.txt or something like that (a cooler name would be better)... that way it's dynamic and outside of the database so it doesn't need a rescan of the .nfo to work in the skin. hows that sound?
also need to add a filter in mip for those items when i fix the file level filters. i.e. show me movies without media images.

That would be cool, except for (AFAIK) there is no way to check via the skinning engine for the existence of file X. If that were the case, I would just have it checking for the folder "extras" or "Front.jpg" or any of the images. I have scratched my head for hours trying to think of any way possible to make it go, but unless someone makes me a script, I don't think I can do that.

Hence wanting a flag in the DB. Wink

- fekker - 2009-04-15

david81 Wrote:Now that's what I call support Smile Thanks a million

Odd, nothing here on at least one of the ts files. I deleted the other that wasn't showing up as it was corrupted, but the following is a valid file.

TV Shows\Heroes\Season 3\Heroes-S03E23-1961.ts

When scanning shows I get no season or episodes listed for Heroes. Same naming convention is used for other shows that do work.

Any thoughts?

rename the file to Heroes-S03E23-nineteen_sixty_one.ts and see if that works..

- fekker - 2009-04-15

Vampirebat Wrote:question and sorry if this has been asked or answered before but i did not find it.
when i load my tv shows MIP doesn't pull cover art for everything most likely because it isnt available from any site that are scrapeable which is fine but most of them i have my own cover art and BGs for but i don't see any way to add them manually because in the Tv Shows section "add poster" and "add Background" are both grayed out?
i can add them manually as needed but it would be nice if i could do this from within MIP...any ideas?

I'll see about finishing up those, totally forgot about those options for shows.

- fekker - 2009-04-15

Walhalla Wrote:hmm okay, its more a visual thing, as it "looks" better when all files are named the same and i already started this way. Bad time to switch to movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg. Perhaps an extra checkbox for renaming all files with the movie file at the end batch?

hmm the most time i have 1080p or German after the Year so if i select "Use everything before the Year as the Movie Name" it skips the year as its supposed to. How about a extra checkbox for the selected language?

If Certification Language = Germany then skip German ...
I'll add in a "Use everything before the _________ as the movie name" and put a text box in so it's customizable.

Ok, i've added this in as a regular expression, which means you'll want to add in
(.*)german to the text box and then check the option for it to use everything before German (or german).. it will ignore case.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-15

So was that a no to leaving nfo files completely alone when only writing movie.nfo?
Honestly it does seem reasonable. :p

- fekker - 2009-04-15

hikaricore Wrote:So was that a no to leaving nfo files completely alone when only writing movie.nfo?
Honestly it does seem reasonable. :p

You'll be happy to find a checkbox in the settings for movies... "do not attempt to rename or move .nfo files" .. with <moviename>.nfo unchecked, it will not rename it or any other .nfo files it finds, unless they are specified for use..

i.e. if you have it set to output movie.nfo, it's gonna use that file.. if not it'll leave it alone

coming in the next build, incorporated into 2872

I've put up an build for ya to try out
.. same with the regular expressions.. this is a test patch .. means it's not the final patch ..
this also has the root level tv show scanning enabled in it
(extract the archive to your install directory, requires build 2870 or higher to work)
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_2872_testpatch_pre-release.zip

Try this on a few files only.. don't run this on an entire collection (specifically movies, tv shows are fine), it's missing some of the new tmdb id information in the .nfo files as well as the date/time stamps.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-15

Thanks for the option ^_^ I'll check it out when it's up.

- MrDVD - 2009-04-15

Bob___ Wrote:What can i do, if MIP recognizes a series in a wrong way?
For example: I have some episodes of "House" (<- this is also the folder name). MIP and TVDB.com think that this folder contains episodes of "Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible" ShockedConfusedOo

How can i change this bad situation? Is there a way to say MIP to rescan this folder from the scratch and then hopefully with the right "House"?!

You can also use this way:

Create inside your House folder a file called "tvdbid.txt" and insert "73255" than MIP know the tvdb ID.

- zeltak - 2009-04-15

Hi fekker

First of all let me start but thanking you for all your efforts on MIP. I've been using it for the past few days and its truly awesome!

I was was wondering if i could suggest/ask for a feature?

I have in my opinion way to many genres that were scraped for my movies (more then 500..). I would love an option similar to mass editing ID3 tags on mp3's where i could have a genre view (like missing info view) where i could mass change genres so for example i can group all variants of action (IE action/horror, action/thriller etc...) and mass edit the nfo to Action.

I hope i made sense...

Thx again for all your hard work, its much appreciated

Zeltak

- Montellese - 2009-04-15

I just wanted to let you know that I still have a problem with movies containing a dot in the movie title like "S.W.A.T.", "Mr. & Mrs. Smith", "Mr. Brooks" and "E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial" (just a few examples).

MIP always shows these movie titles without the dots (replaced by whitespaces) and always tells me that there is no plot description, background image and poster for all these movies. I already played around with the (now changeable) option to replace dots and underscores with whitespaces but it doesn't seem like activating/deactivating this option does change anything. Or do I have to delete the already existing NFO's and scrape them again?

Btw is it just me who doesn't see the size of the background images in the preview list? It works perfectly fine for the posters (dimensions in white letters on a black rectangle) but for backgrounds I only the the black rectangle. After choosing a background image I can see the dimensions on the right side of the buttons like "Open IMDB" etc.
But as I'm only interested in background images with 1920x1080 and higher it's a bit of a pain in the ass to choose every single background image and check the size in the info view and then go back again because the resolution is only 1280x720...

- Weavus - 2009-04-15

zeltak Wrote:I have in my opinion way to many genres that were scraped for my movies (more then 500..). I would love an option similar to mass editing ID3 tags on mp3's where i could have a genre view (like missing info view) where i could mass change genres so for example i can group all variants of action (IE action/horror, action/thriller etc...) and mass edit the nfo to Action.
+1 on being able to mass edit Genres. Also I'd love to be able to tell MIP to only save the first X (3/5/10/15) amount of actors in a movie. With 2000+ movies actor search in XBMC is way too slow to use...

- asphinx - 2009-04-15

Combining Weavus ideas into one.. I would love to able to limit MIP to only save x number of genres.. As I browse my movies according to genres, it feels too much to have some movies pop up in e.g. 7 different genres..

Posted in this thread until I realised this is probably a better place for my ramblings.. Smile

- Bram77 - 2009-04-15

It's working very well with .NET installed with winetricks! Thanks!
I find the interface a bit unclear. I think there should be less buttons, or tabs to categorise the options.
Other then that, "a whole bunch of compliments" Wink