Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- david81 - 2009-04-16

fekker Wrote:rename the file to Heroes-S03E23-nineteen_sixty_one.ts and see if that works..

Still no dice on .ts...

TV Shows\Fringe\Season 1\Fringe-S01E16-Unleashed.ts
and
TV Shows\24\Season 7\24 - s7e18 - Day 7.1.00 AM - 2.00 AM.ts

Both go undetected. I have quite a few more episodes of 24 named exactly the same except for the extension (new recorder).

This is with the "test" build and the one previous as well. Renaming to .mpg allows MIP to pick them up no problem

Oddly enough, XBMC didn't seem to pick up the .ts files when adding to the library either...

- Bram77 - 2009-04-16

Any chance for automation of fanart downloading for artists? I have to click every artist manually now (or am I missing something?).

- rainmaker002 - 2009-04-16

This is probably a basic question but I'm having a tough time coming up with a descriptive search phrase.

I understand that skins such as Stark read info such as audio codec (DTS/ac-3) and resolution (1080p) from the <studio> tag, and that MIP is able to place the info inside that tag. I've browsed through a few random nfo files created by MIP and though i catches those bits of info, they aren't inserted into the <studio> field but rather in the <codec> and <width>/<height> fields.

Is there an option I'm missing?

- Montellese - 2009-04-16

rainmaker002 Wrote:This is probably a basic question but I'm having a tough time coming up with a descriptive search phrase.

I understand that skins such as Stark read info such as audio codec (DTS/ac-3) and resolution (1080p) from the <studio> tag, and that MIP is able to place the info inside that tag. I've browsed through a few random nfo files created by MIP and though i catches those bits of info, they aren't inserted into the <studio> field but rather in the <codec> and <width>/<height> fields.

Is there an option I'm missing?

Probably yes. The <codec> tag actually would be the correct place to store these information but XBMC doesn't support it yet. That's why fekker came up with the idea of putting the most important information into the <studio> tag as this is being read by XBMC and can be used by skins.

If you want MIP to put these information into the <studio> tag as well go to the settings window of MIP and look for a checkbox with something like "Enable Skin based Media Flags" (I don't remember the exact text and I'm at work now) and enable it. Then use AutoPilot and activate the option in the top right corner.

- nuzecast - 2009-04-16

Is there a way to export the IMDB ID numbers to imdbid.txt files in their respective folders for the movies we already have scanned into MIP ?

Some of my NFOs are kinda borked (correct movie but incomplete info: my own fault) and I'd love to delete them all and scan again. If I had the imdbid.txt files it would be a much more accurate and shorter process (1000+ movies).

If this is already in there can someone point me to the right area?

Thanks again for a great tool!!

- Montellese - 2009-04-16

Montellese Wrote:Btw is it just me who doesn't see the size of the background images in the preview list? It works perfectly fine for the posters (dimensions in white letters on a black rectangle) but for backgrounds I only the the black rectangle. After choosing a background image I can see the dimensions on the right side of the buttons like "Open IMDB" etc.
But as I'm only interested in background images with 1920x1080 and higher it's a bit of a pain in the ass to choose every single background image and check the size in the info view and then go back again because the resolution is only 1280x720...

Lol quoting myself now...

Well I figured out why I don't see the size of the background images in the preview tab. It depends on the skin you use. It works e.g. in Sky Blue but it doesn't show up in "Professional - System". Maybe the text is black (like all the other text) and I don't see it because of the black bar behind it.

Btw nice work on the new option to see the TBN image. Unfortunately it totally overlaps with the "Load Movies", "PreCache" and "Auto Pilot" buttons. I still can click them but would be nice if you could move it some pixel further down.

- Shadok - 2009-04-16

Ooops, wrong thread.
Sorry Smile

- MrDVD - 2009-04-16

nuzecast Wrote:Is there a way to export the IMDB ID numbers to imdbid.txt files in their respective folders for the movies we already have scanned into MIP ?

Some of my NFOs are kinda borked (correct movie but incomplete info: my own fault) and I'd love to delete them all and scan again. If I had the imdbid.txt files it would be a much more accurate and shorter process (1000+ movies).

Hallo, i dont know if there is an automatic option to export all IMBC IDs to imdbid.txt but there is an option under settings to create such file.
If you have to pres on each movie to create such file its a bit hard for 1000+ movies Sad

The other way is to use some external tools, i created with Ultraedit an small batchfile that create from the <id>tt........</id> field an imdb url in the *.nfo (i posted it some pages before)

Here the way i did it:
First i used Total Commander and pressed in the folder where all my movies are ctrl-b (to see all files in subdirectorys) and sorted the files via ext. than i selected 200 (dont select more as i think Ulraedit cant open more files) nfos and drag-and-drop it inside Ultraedit. After all files are loaded i run the batchfile via shortcut. (its also possible to say Ultraedit to run it xx times)

Attention:my batch will delete all exept the fileinfo and the new created url from the nfo. If you dont like this you can easy create your own batch file inside Ultraedit but i think its not important as you want create new nfos.

- fekker - 2009-04-16

nuzecast Wrote:Is there a way to export the IMDB ID numbers to imdbid.txt files in their respective folders for the movies we already have scanned into MIP ?

autopilot, update media information only save's the nfo file.. during an .nfo file save there's a check for the imdbid.txt file, so it will create it if it's missing.

coming in the next patch
.ts fix coming for shows, missed it in code for shows
.tbn screen location moved down 10 pixels to take account for the menu above it when in file mode

will look into the . problem again and figure out what's up with that one

still have a bunch to do before it's released, not sure on an eta yet, want to optimize some areas for tvshows load /update speeds, may be included, unknown right now.

- fekker - 2009-04-16

Bram77 Wrote:Any chance for automation of fanart downloading for artists? I have to click every artist manually now (or am I missing something?).

added to list, not a current option

- Weavus - 2009-04-16

Can build 2870 use tvdbid.txt files in the root of the TV show? I have a folder called 'Lost (2004)' which MIP cant find in TVDB so I created a tvdbid.txt file in the folder with the id inside it but clicking on load shows still reports it cant find any data for that show...

- david81 - 2009-04-16

fekker Wrote:coming in the next patch
.ts fix coming for shows, missed it in code for shows

Fantastic news. Thanks so much. Glad to know I wasn't going completely crazy.

Will look forward to the next release Smile

- nuzecast - 2009-04-16

Quote:autopilot, update media information only save's the nfo file.. during an .nfo file save there's a check for the imdbid.txt file, so it will create it if it's missing.

Worked like a charm.

Thanks

- fekker - 2009-04-17

Weavus Wrote:Can build 2870 use tvdbid.txt files in the root of the TV show? I have a folder called 'Lost (2004)' which MIP cant find in TVDB so I created a tvdbid.txt file in the folder with the id inside it but clicking on load shows still reports it cant find any data for that show...

run the command line tool if the gui can't find it, it will look for the tvdbid.txt file

if you have changed the lang for the tvshows, you'll need to set the update time to 1 day (also in the settings) so that it clears out the english (default) files.

- bramblepants - 2009-04-17

Just on the subject of the command line tool - are there any pointers or intructions on how to use it? I've done a search and looked on your wiki, but can't find anything?

What I'm trying to achive is, after SABnzbd has finished downloading a tv show and extracted it to the relevant season folder, it can then launch the MIP command line, which will run an update on all my shows. Can you advise if something like this (only the MIP part, I can do the rest) is possible please?

Also - a big thanks for making this software. It's really saved me a lot of time and is great to use Big Grin

EDIT: Dont worry - found the miptvupdate.exe file now...super!