Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Roborob - 2009-04-18

Just wondering, I used the search function but did not find it. Is it possible to add a Trailer function to MIP so it downloads the appple trailer in the movie folder and renames it to movie-trailer.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-18

Really can't get on with the music section.

I have used MIP to sort all my music to a new folder, then i have quite a few that it got wrong, tried changing using change album info but it does nothing.

Also no auto pilot for music? it seems no where near as polished as tv/movies

It also struggles with artist names, i.e Creed & creed it thinks are 2 differnet artists, also decimal placement seem to cause major confusion, ie B.B.King or B.B King again reads as 2 artists, none of this would be a problem if the app had a way to change the info picked up but change album/artist doesnt seem to do anything

Please help, driving me insane

- dandirk - 2009-04-18

dandirk Wrote:I am assuming this is a noob problem...

From the screenshots it looks like when viewing imported/created movie info, the fanart is shown as a background and current poster is shown as a smaller overlay image...

For some reason I cannot see the current poster (folder.jpg and <movie>.tbn). I also seem to be missing file location information at the bottom like I have seen in screenshots...

I installed imagemagik even though I don't plan on using any of the editing features... Though when I do there is an exception error kicked by windows.

I am running XP SP3 with virtually all the .nets installed.

Anyone see this problem before? I tried a search but only came up with the show tbn option (enabled or disabled, no change for me)

I seemed to have fixed the issue, by uninstalling then reinstalling. Remembering to delete the Program Files\mediainfoplus folder in between.

- schwallman - 2009-04-18

Quote:phunqe - if xbmc picks up 95%.. run it, then export the library, then load mip and it'll pick up on the imdbid from those .nfo files automatically (movies, shows don't export id's yet).
that could save ya some time and allow the features of mip on your collection.
anyone? hate to keep posting the question but it keeps getting lost in the questions.

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-18

About the international MPAA rating stuff...support for this is already available in Serenity, I just need the images you guys want to use for your country ratings, and they can be added to the file mpaalogos.xml.

- fekker - 2009-04-19

billyad2000 Wrote:Hi fekker

I know this is not really the place for this, but you may not realise that your pm is full.

I was just wondering if you could answer a couple of questions about the HD Tags.

I've implemented them for movies in MC and everything is working as expected, I have been told that XBMC doesn't support them yet, I was wondering if the implementation of this was going to be soon.

If not, I also read that some of the information from HD Tags can be added to the <studio> tag, I was just wondering if you could give me details of how this works, what tags are supported, etc

Many thanks

Billy
reply was too long for pm.. here ya go Big Grin

basically for the media info I put it into the studio field, since it's dynamic, based on the media scan, it was a real bugger until i figured out to just create another field in the .nfo file for the real studio information.

studioreal -- just the studio information
studio -- a string concat (seperated by / ) of the media info and studio info.

i know the hd flagging won't make 9.04.. haven't heard from captbry in awhile as to the status of it. it was close before, so prob not too far off.
here's the source that grabs it from media info..

in file .. xbmcMediaInfo.vb on source forge as well

Code:
Public Function toTagData(ByRef xmifi As xbmcMediaInfo.Fileinfo) As String
            Dim statusStr As String = ""
            If Not xmifi.streamdetails Is Nothing Then
                Dim couVS As Integer = 0
                Dim couAS As Integer = 0
                Dim couSS As Integer = 0
                Dim vwidthmax As Double = 0
                Dim vheightmax As Double = 0
                Dim vaspectdisplayratio As Double = 0
                Dim achanmax As Double = 0
                Dim accodec As String = ""
                Dim alang As String = ""
                Dim scantype As String = ""
                Dim vcodec As String = ""
                Dim subtitleLang As String = ""
                For Each curVS As Video In xmifi.streamdetails.Video
                    couVS += 1
                    If cleandbl(curVS.Width) > vwidthmax Then
                        vwidthmax = cleandbl(curVS.Width)
                        vheightmax = cleandbl(curVS.Height)
                        Dim car As Double = 0
                        If curVS.Aspectdisplayratio = "" Then
                            car = 0
                        Else
                            car = cleandbl(curVS.Aspectdisplayratio)
                        End If
                        vaspectdisplayratio = car
                        If curVS.Scantype.ToLower.Contains("progressive") Then
                            scantype = "p"
                        Else
                            scantype = "i"
                        End If
                        vcodec = curVS.Codecid
                    End If
                    'To_Display += "   Container: " + "This is the extension of the file" + vbNewLine

Next
                For Each curAS As Audio In xmifi.streamdetails.Audio
                    couAS += 1
                    'audio
                    If Not curAS.Channels = "" Then
                        If cleandbl(curAS.Channels) > achanmax Then
                            accodec = curAS.Codec
                            achanmax = cleandbl(curAS.Channels)
                            alang = curAS.Language
                        End If
                    End If

Next
                For Each curSS As Subtitle In xmifi.streamdetails.Subtitle
                    couSS += 1
                    'audio
                    subtitleLang += " / sub" + curSS.Language
                Next
                If Not couVS = 0 Then 'no video streams, don't write any tag data
                    Try
                        statusStr = " / " & getrezfromsize(vwidthmax, vheightmax, vaspectdisplayratio) & scantype & " / " & vcodec & " / " & accodec & " / " & achanmax & "ch / " & alang & subtitleLang
                    Catch ex As Exception
                        Debug.Print("Failed to process media information to tag data.")
                        Return ""
                    End Try
                End If
            End If
            Debug.Print(statusStr)
            Return statusStr
        End Function
        Private Function getrezfromsize(ByVal curwidth As Double, ByVal curheight As Double, ByVal curar As Double) As String
            'detect Aspect Ratio
            Dim calulatedcurar As Double = curwidth / curheight
            'curar is from the media file and is passed into the function, this is pulled from the media file data in the video

'strict format
            If curwidth = 1920 And curheight = 1080 Then Return "1080"
            If curwidth = 1280 And curheight = 720 Then Return "720"
            If curwidth = 720 And curheight = 576 Then Return "576"
            If curwidth = 720 And curheight = 480 Then Return "480"
            If curwidth = 960 And curheight = 720 Then Return "720"
            If curwidth = 1366 And curheight = 768 Then Return "768"

'closest based on widescreen
            'ask about ar from file
            Dim arcalcheight As Double
            Dim maxheight As Double
            If curar > 1.34 And Not curar = 0 Then
                arcalcheight = curwidth / 1.777
                If curheight > arcalcheight Then
                    maxheight = curheight
                Else
                    maxheight = arcalcheight
                End If
                If maxheight > 1000 Then Return "1080"
                If maxheight > 730 Then Return "768"
                If maxheight > 700 Then Return "720"
                If maxheight > 550 Then Return "576"
                If maxheight > 530 Then Return "540"
                If maxheight > 400 Then Return "480"
            End If

'loose format
            If curwidth = 1920 And curheight > 700 Then Return "1080"
            If curwidth = 1280 And curheight > 400 Then Return "720"
            If curwidth < 20 Then Return ""
            If curwidth < 641 Then Return "SD"
            If curwidth < 853 Then Return "480"
            If curwidth < 961 Then Return "540"
            If curwidth > 961 And curwidth < 1281 Then Return "720"
            If curwidth > 1281 Then Return "1080"
            Return ""
        End Function

- fekker - 2009-04-19

schwallman Wrote:anyone? hate to keep posting the question but it keeps getting lost in the questions.

when you export, don't choose the single file option (forget the name of the other one, seperate files or something like that).. xbmc will put the files in the folders where the media is at automatically.

- fekker - 2009-04-19

Only One Haze Wrote:first of all, love this program! was just wondering if there was an option to not download the wide icons? I only use the poster thumbs and fanart, and have no need to download all the diff. types of wide icons, this would make things much faster i think. but then again, i just started using this last night and i may have missed the option, using build 2861, btw

in the settings, under the general tab, you can disable those options and it won't download those.. the ones under the general tab are for both movies and shows.. there's also wide images for tv shows, that setting, specific to shows, is under the shows tab.

- fekker - 2009-04-19

Weavus Wrote:That didnt seem to work either so I just changed the name of the problem folders, ran load shows, then changed them back. Seem to do the trick.

Would it be possible to get load shows to check for tvdbid.txt if no tvshow.nfo exists? Also could you make load shows pump out a tvdbid.txt if tvshow.nfo exists with a tvdb id inside it? Thanks!

added to the feature list

- fekker - 2009-04-19

kulprit Wrote:Just a quick question about the program, which is fantastic by the way.

I am pretty sure I have set it up just to create a movie.nfo file, as I already have a <moviename>.nfo file that I don't want to change. However on running through either manually or autopilot, it doesn't change this field, just puts old.dateandotherstuff after it.

Any ideas where I am missing something.

there's a build 2872 that has an option to leave those files alone. Xbmc may pick up on those and not the movie.nfo in some cases, but movie.nfo is suppost to be first in the to use code.

Quote:autopilot for music
i'll add it in when i can, agree it's needed, just short on time right now

- fekker - 2009-04-19

redtapemedia Wrote:I have a question about International ratings... skins appear to not be able to read from the certification field. I was wondering if it would be possible to automatically place the rating in the MPAA field if you have an international region selected? With a check box or something enabled. The reason I ask is I'm developing international rating support for Aeon.

Thanks for this great program! I'm looking forward to mac support with mono down the track too!

very doable, i'll see about adding the feature.

- seedzero - 2009-04-19

fekker Wrote:very doable, i'll see about adding the feature.

Thanks for that. Big Grin

- kulprit - 2009-04-19

Thanks fekker, where can i get 2872. I'm running 2861, and can only find 2870 on sourceforge.

Cheers

- fekker - 2009-04-19

kulprit Wrote:Thanks fekker, where can i get 2872. I'm running 2861, and can only find 2870 on sourceforge.

Cheers

http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_2872_testpatch_pre-release.zip

should be fine for general use as well since the new items i was coding at the time check for the data in the .nfo file when it loads anyway.

- schwallman - 2009-04-19

fekker Wrote:when you export, don't choose the single file option (forget the name of the other one, seperate files or something like that).. xbmc will put the files in the folders where the media is at automatically.

I was told that earlier today. I looked but I dont ever get the option. Does it matter how and where the movies are. I have a drobo that I store all my movies on. I dont ever see an option to write to it when I choose export nor the single file output option either. Strange though I didnt have a problem finding the drive when I first imported the movies in.

Also, i currently dont have all my movies in a seperate folder, they are all under 1 movies folder. I am in the process of getting them into a folder by themselves and probably need to reimport library to get that option you speak of.

Also.......this is an extreme pain in the ass having to transfer files back and forth from pc to mac. But its the only option to get this done