Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- schwallman - 2009-04-23

fekker Wrote:For folder level movies, to just create the .nfo files, it doesn't need any video files. Of course it won't have the Media Information from the actual video file, but it will have the images and .nfo files.

Actually you can do the same for file level items by making a new 0k text doc and name it the video file name (be sure not to leave the .txt at the end of the file)

So by creating a dummy.m4v file and setting it in the folder should fool it to just grab fanart and posters?

I want to get my library setup in xbmc with the correct movie titles and years, then I was going to export to folders. and take all my videos out of said folders, copy those folders over with nfos inside them, then have mip get all the images.

if macfuse actually did what it was supposed to, this whole process might have gone a little faster. Have not checked out wine yet, but hear theres alot of trouble just setting it up right.

- Montellese - 2009-04-23

Looks like you finally fixed the issue with dots in movie names. Thanks a lot for that one :-)

- fekker - 2009-04-23

schwallman Wrote:So by creating a dummy.m4v file and setting it in the folder should fool it to just grab fanart and posters?

I want to get my library setup in xbmc with the correct movie titles and years, then I was going to export to folders. and take all my videos out of said folders, copy those folders over with nfos inside them, then have mip get all the images.

if macfuse actually did what it was supposed to, this whole process might have gone a little faster. Have not checked out wine yet, but hear theres alot of trouble just setting it up right.

If it's folder level, you only have to create the folders, no video file has to be in there.

Code:
i.e.

Movies {folder}
---> 300 {folder}
---> Cars {folder}
---> The Dark Knight {folder}
etc.
for file level it would need fake files

Code:
i.e.
Movies {folder}
--- 300.avi {fake file, named after the real file}
--- Cars.avi {fake file, named after the real file}
--- The Dark Knight.avi {fake file, named after the real file}
etc.

- Walhalla - 2009-04-23

@fekker

have you got an eta for auto ofdb scan after imdb oder an auto-pilot option doing the same, perhaps only a checkbox "update with ofdb?

- 2-7offsuit - 2009-04-23

Is it possible to download or convert all fanart and thumbs to an Xbox friendly size? Or does it have to be done one by one? I'm using it in a VM so it's a really slow process doing it that way.

Is there a Wiki or some kind of user manual? I searched through this thread and the sourceforge site, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

- fekker - 2009-04-23

Walhalla Wrote:@fekker

have you got an eta for auto ofdb scan after imdb oder an auto-pilot option doing the same, perhaps only a checkbox "update with ofdb?

haven't added that in yet.

Currently working on an update app for mip, one that updates itself (in case of changes) and MIP. Testing it with the next patch version of MIP.

Quote:Is it possible to download or convert all fanart and thumbs to an Xbox friendly size? Or does it have to be done one by one? I'm using it in a VM so it's a really slow process doing it that way.

Is there a Wiki or some kind of user manual? I searched through this thread and the sourceforge site, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.
I have another app that will be able to do that, the compression options are in place, just need to add the resize..

it's a very simple tool, pick the folder, it'll find every .jpg and .tbn and compress them.. fanart size as well as poster size will also be an option.

tv shows will be a bugger, so i've gotta put something in place to ignore those or episode images would get messed up. Maybe if there's a tvshow.nfo in that folder, don't touch the files, or something like that.

compression options go from 5% to 95% (5,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,95 actually)
resize will have the same options as MIP, the difference being that fanart will get one option and poster size will get another.

prob about 80% done with that app

there's a wiki, but it's out of date, it's public for changes and additions, but hasn't seen any updates in awhile.

- kulprit - 2009-04-23

Yeah fekker, all it took was moving all the folder from N:/ to N:/Movies/

Something that could be fixed ideally. more of a bug than a feature request i guess.

IMDB id of the two that didn't work without lots of fiddling, once i moved everything to /Movies/ were tt0427392 and tt0784972.

Now it still seems the main problem is xbmc is never going to be able to have studio icons for everything.

- fekker - 2009-04-24

Ok this is the first attempt an an auto-updating update utility for MIP

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/

Click on MIP Update in the top menu bar, when prompted, run the setup.exe file.

if that part works, the app will open up.

Set your install path.. click check for updates.

I didn't have any problems with it, but it's new, so i'm sure there will be some..

I didn't test under wine, no idea if it will work there or not.

If this works out, running it will automatically update the update utility and when you check for updates, it'll download and install them automatically.(which is a huge hint that there's a new update out there)

- schwallman - 2009-04-24

fekker Wrote:If it's folder level, you only have to create the folders, no video file has to be in there.

Code:
i.e.

Movies {folder}
---> 300 {folder}
---> Cars {folder}
---> The Dark Knight {folder}
etc.
for file level it would need fake files

Code:
i.e.
Movies {folder}
--- 300.avi {fake file, named after the real file}
--- Cars.avi {fake file, named after the real file}
--- The Dark Knight.avi {fake file, named after the real file}
etc.

got ya..

thanks

- seedzero - 2009-04-24

fekker Wrote:here's a patch for 2882

on hold- cert info in studio tag, need to confirm with digital this will work as expected (pretty sure it will)

Fekker,

My International Ratings mod for Aeon works on the assumption that the certification is placed into the MPAA field. I've done this so it can fall back on the MPAA rating if no international classification info is scraped. The way I envisioned it to work is if the classification field is blank, leave the MPAA field intact. If there is certification information however, the MPAA could be overwritten. That way either the international image could be displayed, and if it is not available the default MPAA rating appears. For more information I have a thread over in the Aeon forum.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-24

Hi Fekker, like te new additions.

Any idea when you may be introducing Autopilot for Music?, ganna wait to sort my collection until you do, too big to do manually Smile

- Kilack - 2009-04-24

Fekker,

I have been using mip just for tv episodes and it has been working very nicely.
I have my files organized in this fashion

tv series name (folder)
season xx (folder)
episode xx (folder)
filename_sxxexx_blah.avi

This has worked very well until today when I was adding some documentaries.
thetvdb.com has the season for these as the year. so season 2009 etc
mip doesn't seem to like this.. is it because it is expecting a 2 digit season?
or something else?

- fekker - 2009-04-24

Mip does expect 2 digit season id's, prob can code around it

currently trying to get the mipo auto-update working and the site setup

if you already grabbed the MIP Update from the iamkizer site earlier today, you will need to uninstall that version.

The new version is up on the MIP site at http://www.mediainfoplus.com

i do plan on getting the other features worked on, but first need to put some kind of site together for MIP, it's just a shell right now.

Mirrors will still be on iamkizer.com and up on sourceforge as well.. between the 3 sites the versions should be available all the time.

- Kilack - 2009-04-24

Hi Fekker,

Re: the 4 digit season codes.

xbmc doesn't seem to work with them either, if MIP writes the .nfo file for the avi will xbmc pick it up even with the 4 digit season code? or do they need to look at this issue also? (i have raised it in a forum)

- bobrap - 2009-04-24

Just want to say the site looks great!