Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Chosen - 2009-04-24

Hi,
i updated to Version 2884 and since then i get this error when downloading Movie Information:
I set the language to german, so the ofdb settings may cause that error.

can you ttell me whats wrong here?

thx a lot
Chosen

- fekker - 2009-04-24

Chosen Wrote:Hi,
i updated to Version 2884 and since then i get this error when downloading Movie Information:
I set the language to german, so the ofdb settings may cause that error.

can you ttell me whats wrong here?

thx a lot
Chosen

Edit: got it, it's missing one of the .dll files
grab this one and put it into the isntall directory.

http://mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1:2.0.1&download=3:miplibfc.dll-2863&Itemid=54

- joebrady - 2009-04-24

Site looks good. Simple and Clean, I like it. Big thanks for the auto update. Will this only update full verions, or can patches be updated with this too?

season codes using the year - Kilack - 2009-04-24

Fekker,

Just another update for you.

thetvdb.com confirmed they are happy using the year as the season code so it is set to stay with some series so if you are able to make mip deal with this that would be hugely appreciated.

It looks like Spiff will take care of it in xbmc also

- fekker - 2009-04-24

joebrady Wrote:Site looks good. Simple and Clean, I like it. Big thanks for the auto update. Will this only update full verions, or can patches be updated with this too?

Now that I have it in place, I'll be able to do all updates with it. The biggest thing before was going from build x to build y.. sometimes those needed changes specific to the prior build or build you have installed (updated files, additional files, etc.) Config changes and such will be interesting, but it should be pretty easy for me to just have it load your current config add in any new settings and save it back out with the defaults for just the new items. I'm glad I don't use the registry for MIP, it makes the update so much easier.

The biggest thing is going to be making sure I can keep the site up. It's pretty cheap for unlimited hosting, and we are good for 3 months right now thanks to the few donations mip has received.

If at some point I had to take the site down, the auto-updates would no longer work, but i'll cross that bridge if it comes to it.

for the 4 digit seasons, i'll look into how to handle that one. the current way is might not work very well with it as I'd have to account for anything from season 1 to season 2009 .. currently it's 1-99 maybe it won't be too bad though

- Chosen - 2009-04-24

fekker Wrote:Edit: got it, it's missing one of the .dll files
grab this one and put it into the isntall directory.

http://mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1:2.0.1&download=3:miplibfc.dll-2863&Itemid=54

Great, it works

Is it possible to implement the ofdb Funktion into the Auto Pilot?

Keep going the good work
Love this Program Wink

cu Chosen

- kulprit - 2009-04-25

Won't let my install the updater fekker, error message attached above,

And the file shown in the temp directory is here.

http://pastebin.com/m7a15cada

EDIT: just looking through the aeon forum as well and the newMultiplex view, which of the media images should i be ticking in options to download these in movie captures?

- fekker - 2009-04-25

try from this link
http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/

if that still fails, i'll make an install version that can be downloaded as a package.

as for the additional aeon images, i'm not sure what he is looking for in the path (names specifically)

- kulprit - 2009-04-25

Not too worried about the names just yet fekker, more which of all those options is in movie captures, rather than box art , or dvd covers, or cd print things.

- dandirk - 2009-04-25

OK I tried searching this thread, the wiki and website yet I must just be stupid.

What are the default supported naming conventions for tvshows?

I have no problem renaming my files...

My current naming system is:

TITLE.Sxx.Exx.EPISODE.iso

The series are picked up fine all the episodes are erroring out.

- fekker - 2009-04-25

kulprit Wrote:Not too worried about the names just yet fekker, more which of all those options is in movie captures, rather than box art , or dvd covers, or cd print things.

i think alot of that is still in process, more news should be coming soon on it.

Quote:OK I tried searching this thread, the wiki and website yet I must just be stupid.

What are the default supported naming conventions for tvshows?

I have no problem renaming my files...

My current naming system is:

TITLE.Sxx.Exx.EPISODE.iso

The series are picked up fine all the episodes are erroring out.
looks like ya just have to remove the . between the season and episode, or use a custom regex.

sXXeXX -chucks01e03.avi
or
sXeXX -chucks1e03.avi

are the ways i like to name them, others work as well.
mip uses the same types are xbmc's defaults.

- kulprit - 2009-04-25

djh_ did post some more info in the Multiplex thread fekker, but will be a couple of days before it is committed.

That install link did work, and an update went through. It said update failed at the end but I am now using 2884 so not sure what the go is. What is that install method? and will an uninstall happen the same way.

- Dam0 - 2009-04-25

well i dont think media info plus interfaces quiet that transparently with xbmc.

i use it myself, its a seperate applicatioon you run to "scrape" and save all your imdb data and covers(including fanart)

you open the application, select the media path ie d:\movies\

and scan away your movie, tv show, music data.

the information is saved into the respective folders, so when you scan the files again into xbmc, it will already have the correct(if you performed process manually as i did) data and covers.

hope this helps you somewhat.

Dam0

- fekker - 2009-04-25

kulprit Wrote:djh_ did post some more info in the Multiplex thread fekker, but will be a couple of days before it is committed.

That install link did work, and an update went through. It said update failed at the end but I am now using 2884 so not sure what the go is. What is that install method? and will an uninstall happen the same way.

the update failed at the end is a bug, it's backwards right now.. update worked .. says failed.. update fails.. says it worked.

the update to the update app fixes the error.. next time it's run it'll update itself.

- iLurk - 2009-04-25

Hi fekker,

Any way to choose where I want the cache folder to be? Instead of using C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache

I'd like to use E:\movie data\

This is because MIP downloads a lot of info and I can can see it chewing up heaps of space on my system drive as my media collection grows.

Thanks