Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-25

iLurk Wrote:Hi fekker,

Any way to choose where I want the cache folder to be? Instead of using C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache

I'd like to use E:\movie data\

This is because MIP downloads a lot of info and I can can see it chewing up heaps of space on my system drive as my media collection grows.

Thanks
yup, just modify the path in the xml file (config.xml)

example

NOTE: make sure you include the trailing slash
Code:
<nicecovercachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\nccache\</nicecovercachefolder>
  <calgorydotnetfolder>e:\movie data\cache\caldncache\</calgorydotnetfolder>
  <iconcachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\iconcache\</iconcachefolder>
  <postercachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\postercache\</postercachefolder>
  <imdbcachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\imdbcache\</imdbcachefolder>
  <sourcePagefolder>e:\movie data\cache\source\</sourcePagefolder>
  <tmdbpostercachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\tmdb\posters\</tmdbpostercachefolder>
  <tmdbfanartcachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\tmdb\fanart\</tmdbfanartcachefolder>
  <tvdbpostercachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\tvdb\posters\</tvdbpostercachefolder>
  <tvdbbannerscachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\tvdb\banners\</tvdbbannerscachefolder>
  <tvdbfanartcachefolder>e:\movie data\cache\tvdb\fanart\</tvdbfanartcachefolder>

- iLurk - 2009-04-25

Awesome man.

Edit: Do you think you could add this option in the settings? Maybe under the "General" tab where users can specify where the downloaded info should go. I'm just thinking of future proofing it so that if the user looses their cofig.xml for whatever reason (e.g Windows re-install), then it would be easier doing it through the gui that looking for your post above. Just a suggestion

Thanx again for the great app

- iLurk - 2009-04-25

Just another ?uestion...

Where my movies are named "name.of.movie.x264.mkv"

I keep getting "NO IMDB DATA FOUND. UNABLE TO SAVE NFO FILE"

but the ones named "Name of movie (DIVX).avi" scrape without a problem.

I'm using build 2.0.1.2884

Any suggestions?

- fekker - 2009-04-25

iLurk Wrote:Just another ?uestion...

Where my movies are named "name.of.movie.x264.mkv"

I keep getting "NO IMDB DATA FOUND. UNABLE TO SAVE NFO FILE"

but the ones named "Name of movie (DIVX).avi" scrape without a problem.

I'm using build 2.0.1.2884

Any suggestions?
name.of.movie.x264.mkv
go into setup and configuration and check under file filters to make sure that the option use everything before x264 is checked

here's the trick.. when you load your movies, what you see in the left menu is what it's going to search imdb with.. so if the left panel says 300 x264 it's not going to find anything.. with the right filters applied (use everything before x264 in this case) it'll find the movie and show up in the left side of mip as 300

- kulprit - 2009-04-25

Based on your post above fekker, i was getting long names in the left hand window. I know its says it is not case sensitive, but I think to some extent it is. I put in a word that appears all in capitals in the folder name into the custom removal and it doesn't take it out. I tried in both the way it appears and all lower case.

- turbinez - 2009-04-25

Is it possible to use MIP for my music and tvshows as well? I've been using it for movies and it works great but haven't tried using it for any other media yet. Does it pretty much work the same way as it does for movies?

- zeltak - 2009-04-25

Hi Fekker

Movie scraping works really well but i get this error:

http://pastebin.ca/1402669

when i load my tv shows every time

I might add im using it in virtualbox since i cant get it to work under linux and using the latest build 2248

thx

Zeltak

- dandirk - 2009-04-25

fekker Wrote:i think alot of that is still in process, more news should be coming soon on it.

looks like ya just have to remove the . between the season and episode, or use a custom regex.

sXXeXX -chucks01e03.avi
or
sXeXX -chucks1e03.avi

are the ways i like to name them, others work as well.
mip uses the same types are xbmc's defaults.

Removed the period and all is good thanks Fekker

- turbinez - 2009-04-25

I notice that MIP is causing Aeon Auriga list view to pop up with a "operation not permitted error"

I checked the xbmc.log and it said something about dialogok.xml

Not sure if MIP is writing incorrect stuff in the .nfo file to be causing this in Auriga's List View.

- davemf - 2009-04-25

Hey Fekker,

Apologies if this has been covered before, but how does MIP decide which movie files/folders to display on the left hand side list? I have about 400 movies on my server, accessed over SMB. They're now all in their own little folders, each named reasonably consistently as "Movie Name (year)", but each time MIP only displays 64 of them. It's the same set every time; I've tried changing some of the more l33t folder names, and that helps with the IMDB lookups for the ones that appear but still doesn't show any of the others. I'm using build 2884, but this was happening on earlier builds too. My paths are set up as \\server\movies, and there's no difference between the permissions and ownership of the films that appear and the ones that don't.

Any thoughts? MIP works brilliantly for the ones it chooses to list, so I'd love to get them all in there!

Cheers

- fekker - 2009-04-25

zeltak Wrote:Hi Fekker

Movie scraping works really well but i get this error:

http://pastebin.ca/1402669

when i load my tv shows every time

I might add im using it in virtualbox since i cant get it to work under linux and using the latest build 2248

thx

Zeltak

please update to 2884, known issue, recommend using mip update (available on website)

Quote:turbinez Is it possible to use MIP for my music and tvshows as well? I've been using it for movies and it works great but haven't tried using it for any other media yet. Does it pretty much work the same way as it does for movies?
similar, but different, more details in wiki on shows, in this thread on music

Quote:kulprit Based on your post above fekker, i was getting long names in the left hand window. I know its says it is not case sensitive, but I think to some extent it is. I put in a word that appears all in capitals in the folder name into the custom removal and it doesn't take it out. I tried in both the way it appears and all lower case
please send a list of files, 10 or so, so i can isolate issue

Quote:davemf Hey Fekker,

Apologies if this has been covered before, but how does MIP decide which movie files/folders to display on the left hand side list?
based on settings for where to find them.
file level based on file extension
folder level, every folder except ones filtered out

since your folder level, ensure you've picked top level folder.
movies
---action
-----die hard
---wall-e
---etc
would pick up all those by adding movies to folder level in settings

it takes top level folders from settings and gets all sub folders in those, takes those sub folders and looks for any others, keeps going through all folders listed.

if they are not invalid, adds them to the list

here's the process in pseudo code
Code:
take folder from settings

get directory list for that folder

for each of those, get a list of sub directories

make sure it's not on the ignore list, if it's not then for each sub directory, get a list of it's sub directorys

keep going until we have all directories and sub directorys under the folder

now, take each foldername and make it a movie

For Each foldername In directory listing
    parse just the movie name

If moviename = "con air" Or moviename = "" Or File.Exists in folder specialfolder.nfo Then
    do nada
    else
        set up movie add to gui
    end if
end for

the ignore list
is it a valid movie folder

Case Strings.Right(s, 3).ToLower = "cd1"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 3).ToLower = "cd2"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 3).ToLower = "cd3"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 4).ToLower = "subs"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 9).ToLower = "subtitles"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 6).ToLower = "extras"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 8).ToLower = "video_ts"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 8).ToLower = "audio_ts"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 7).ToLower = "trailer"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 15).ToLower = "temporary files"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 8).ToLower = "(noscan)"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 6).ToLower = "sample"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 8).ToUpper = "RECYCLER"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 12).ToUpper = "$RECYCLE.BIN"
                Return False
            Case Strings.Right(s, 10).ToUpper = "LOST+FOUND"
                Return False
            Case s.ToLower.Contains("system volume information")
                Return False

Case Else 'it's a valid directory and will be added and searched
                Return True

Quote:turbinez I notice that MIP is causing Aeon Auriga list view to pop up with a "operation not permitted error"

I checked the xbmc.log and it said something about dialogok.xml

Not sure if MIP is writing incorrect stuff in the .nfo file to be causing this in Auriga's List View.
i'll need an xbmc debug log for this one, not sure what that's looking for

- iLurk - 2009-04-26

fekker Wrote:name.of.movie.x264.mkv
go into setup and configuration and check under file filters to make sure that the option use everything before x264 is checked

here's the trick.. when you load your movies, what you see in the left menu is what it's going to search imdb with.. so if the left panel says 300 x264 it's not going to find anything.. with the right filters applied (use everything before x264 in this case) it'll find the movie and show up in the left side of mip as 300

Thanks fekker, that did the trick. I just had to add the x264 filter to the "folder level" filters. Big Grin

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-26

Hi Fekker

A couple of questions for you

1. How are you getting on with updates to music, i.e autopilot?

2. Any plans to implement features from DJHs new Aeon Auriga skin, for instance the mutliplex view which uses an extrathumbs folder which contains thumbs for that view?

- kulprit - 2009-04-26

Examples of the filters not working fekker are like I add xvid to the folder remove and it does nothing. I add XViD and it removes those, but not XviD. Few other ones like that, as well. Also I have more than 5 things I am going to want to remove from the folder names. Which file should i edit to add more?

- Msan - 2009-04-26

I have the following in "Folder Level Name Filters": Limited
But it seems to be case sensitive because it doesnt catch stuff like LIMITED or LiMiTED
I would enter them as needed, but I am out of input boxes as well Sad
I am running version 2882