Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- iLurk - 2009-04-27

Msan Wrote:ok, here is a pic of the setup screen: http://i44.tinypic.com/kdr8mw.jpg

I really don't see that option there anywhere...

- fekker - 2009-04-27

iLurk Wrote:Image

for the custom filter you need (.*)DVDRip

i'll have to rework for multiples as the expression is very complex

for tvshow debug the xml name to change is <debugtvshows>true</debugtvshows>

Quote:Sadly I had to give up in the end, one to many unexplained end of exception errors resulting crashing (Or some such)
Today 17:19
as for errors and exceptions, the only way i can fix those is if i know what they are, so please do post any that have come up

Quote:Now what? what did it do with it.

When I select a film now, it then has to go back on line to get the info again, I thought it just downloaded it? What was I doing for the last 3 hours?
data is cached locally, so it only retrieves anything not in cache, there's over 230 user configurable options for what mip gets, does, and how it processes data, the defaults gets pretty much everything.

- iLurk - 2009-04-27

Fekker,

I have some feedback / questions / suggestions about the File renaming section...
  • "Cosmetics"

In the default skin, the renaming button is missing it's text. And also the "modify name of folder..." text doesn't show in some skins (i.e. Bling).

Regarding the buttons...

• "Find Similar Movies"

Didn't seem to work for me

• "Update known posters"
I clicked on it to see what it does and it started updating posters for movies I didn't have. Is there anyway to customise where it's downloading from? Also does it serve another purpose? Maybe it's just me but it seems out of place in a "Rename" section of the app.

And finally...
  • "Correct Name"

Is the "modify name of folder..." option supposed to be selectable? When I clicked on the box I was expecting it to show a check mark or something to show that I want the program to change my folder names.

Also I also have a feature request of sorts.

Is it possible to add extra options to this button that would allow a user to choose how the file is renamed? (e.g. add tags). Going by the earlier example of the movie 300... Say I have a bluray rip of the movie and have it saved as 300 (2006).mkv. What I'd like to see is an option to rename the file using the already available tags (from the .nfo?) and rename the movie in scene format. the resulting file name would be something like 300.2008.720p.BluRay.x264.mkv. This would be great for a skin like Aeon that reads tags like this to display media flags. Inversely, users who like the "clean look" could clean up their movies and folders to the simple 300 (2006) format.

Thanks for this great application.

- Dam0 - 2009-04-27

firstly, let me start by saying that Media Info Plus is very handy tool for xbmc and indeed any serious media centre user imho.

that said, i have a slight suggestion to consider.

i prefer to use xbmc with file mode, and have somewhat hacked the PMIII skin to allow for fanart views while not in library mode. looks great.

but the main reason why i prefer to use non library mode, is i like to have my content listed in " most recent" fashion. which works great for me. however when i perform a manual update of my movies with media info plau, the extra data saved into the folders changes the date for the respective folders.

so i was gona ask, if it was possible to have an option to sort media content according to date? therefore keeping some kind of date order to files.

pls forgive me if this has already been covered previously.

regards,
Dam0

- kulprit - 2009-04-27

Finished doing my movies and started testing out tv shows. All seems well except that if i already have an nfo, it isn't renaming it but replacing it all together. Is there something I am missing. This is obviously if I have overwrite nfo ticked under episode settings, but if i don't tick it I get it say nfo is not correct, because it didn't create on at all.

- Weavus - 2009-04-27

Is it possible to get MIP to use the IMDB title for the movie instead of the folder/file name? I don't want to rename my files but it would be nice if it put 11:14 as the title field in the nfo rather than 11_14 (which I have to use on the filesystem) that it current does. I can't seem to find an option for it...

- garyi - 2009-04-27

Fekker you are clearly actively developing this app which is great.

I chose to pre cache the movies which it did do and then it downloaded everything. To my mind that means the data is somewhere on my computer, only it was not. If indeed its not on my computer what was it downloading for half an hour? (It retrieved around 1500 images) If these have indeed just gone into a temproary cache, well this is dangerous and clearly an issue for me as the programme crashed soon afterwards, to me it should be downloaded to a folder until dealt with.

I have a couple of problems I ran into.
Firstly it said it had found multiple instances of the same movie and to pick one, it did this for at least 150 of my 300 movies, the scraper in XBMC picks them up no issue. The suggestions it gave were not in anyway related to my movies, and in certain cases such as a folder named 'bolt 2008' I could not understand why it was having a problem with that.
Secondly sometimes it would say the above but not actually display the movie at all, and from within this screen there is then no way to type a new name in for it to search, the only option to be to cancel out of it, then it would come up with the same movie again and to cancel again, before it would move on.

And the main issue was that it would keep popping up every half minute or so, and took total focus of the computer Surely it would benefit users if it went and found what it could then displayed the errors for the user to fix. Because basically it meant I had to be in front of the computer for the entire process which took just over 2 hours.

And finally perhaps there should be a new user option where it takes the most obvious thing the user wants, so for instance I could click a button to have use folder names, download everything and put it in my folders. I notice one buttons sort of did this only it kept getting confused on names, for instance 'Alien 1979' seems a very obvious hit, only its apparently not with many results coming back not related to the word Alien or 1979 at all. 230 user options is very impressive, but perhaps less would be much much more if you get my drift.

Please understand I am not putting down, this app seems like the answer to my prayers, as long as I don't have to sit and watch it for three hours Wink

The exception error came at exactly the same point in the scan so I wonder if some film has confused it I will investigate and get back to you.

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-27

Weavus Wrote:Is it possible to get MIP to use the IMDB title for the movie instead of the folder/file name? I don't want to rename my files but it would be nice if it put 11:14 as the title field in the nfo rather than 11_14 (which I have to use on the filesystem) that it current does. I can't seem to find an option for it...

Just wanted to say...that movie is AWESOME.

I coulda sworn that MIP already does this. I have the Aqua Teen movie's folder and filename set as ATHCMFFT [DVD], and the title tag in the .nfo is set properly.

IDK why it wouldn't work.

- Weavus - 2009-04-27

digitalhigh Wrote:I coulda sworn that MIP already does this. I have the Aqua Teen movie's folder and filename set as ATHCMFFT [DVD], and the title tag in the .nfo is set properly.
I just deleted the movie.nfo and got MIP to create another one and this time it renamed it (must have been a bug in an old build that did it the first time). However there is still a small problem:

<title>11:14 </title>

It's got an extra space in there at the end. Checking some other movie.nfo files from build 2884 it seems it does it on all title and outline tags.

Fekker, any chance you can trim the strings before writing them out? Ta.

- Swifty - 2009-04-27

Can anyone tell me how you get MIP to save backgrounds (fanart) for Music ?

I have got it to scan my albums and when I click an artist it's grabbing fanart from htbackdrops but I can't figure out how you actually save the files?? I just seems to download them into the cache folder inside MIP and when I click Tools | Scan artists and check for backgrounds it doesn't do anything Huh

- Radikaltimes - 2009-04-27

getting this while trying to update to 2882

===
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mediainfoplus.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.1.2882
Problem Signature 03: 49efd80d
Problem Signature 04: mediainfoplus
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.1.2882
Problem Signature 06: 49efd80d
Problem Signature 07: 50
Problem Signature 08: c6
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
====

2870 is install ...
running vista 32

any ideas??

thank you

- fekker - 2009-04-28

Radikaltimes Wrote:getting this while trying to update to 2882

===
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mediainfoplus.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.1.2882
Problem Signature 03: 49efd80d
Problem Signature 04: mediainfoplus
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.1.2882
Problem Signature 06: 49efd80d
Problem Signature 07: 50
Problem Signature 08: c6
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
====

2870 is install ...
running vista 32

any ideas??

thank you
please run mip update from mediainfoplus.com, or manually download and extract build 2884 to your install directory.. manual updates and patches are just compressed archives of the exe files and not actual patches that run on the system.

The mip update utility does all of this for you, and checks for updates to itself.

Quote:Update news:
for the other posts here, i'm working on some changes, hopefully i'll get those out this evening through mip update that address some of the problems.

garyi Wrote:Fekker you are clearly actively developing this app which is great.

I chose to pre cache the movies which it did do and then it downloaded everything. To my mind that means the data is somewhere on my computer, only it was not. If indeed its not on my computer what was it downloading for half an hour? (It retrieved around 1500 images) If these have indeed just gone into a temproary cache, well this is dangerous and clearly an issue for me as the programme crashed soon afterwards, to me it should be downloaded to a folder until dealt with.
This is a great point, and I think further explanation will help.

So what is MIP doing, and where the data is going.

All cached info is stored in mip's folders, each item is downloaded to the specific folder that holds that data. It doesn't use windows temp folder for 99% of the data. (the 1% is when i use http requests to get xml files that are only used during processing).

For example: during pre-cache, one item to download is impawards.com posters.
These posters are downloaded directly to the following folder using wget:
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache\postercache\

Another item that is being downloaded is posters and fanart from themoviedb
These are downloaded directly to the following folders
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache\tmdb\posters\%IMDBID%
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache\tmdb\fanart\%IMDBID%

Quote:I have a couple of problems I ran into.
Firstly it said it had found multiple instances of the same movie and to pick one, it did this for at least 150 of my 300 movies, the scraper in XBMC picks them up no issue. The suggestions it gave were not in anyway related to my movies, and in certain cases such as a folder named 'bolt 2008' I could not understand why it was having a problem with that.
So let's dive into what mip does to get the imdb id for file level movies

First) look in the folder for a valid .nfo file, in xml format using the stacked movie name. happywonders-part1.avi and happywonders-part2.avi .. it would look for happywonders.nfo(stacking is based on xbmc's stacked naming conventions)

Second) look in the folder for a valid .nfo file, in xml format using the movie file name with the extension changed to .nfo (i.e. happywonders-part1.avi would look for happywonders-part1.nfo)

Third) look in the folder for an .nfo file, that's not valid, but contains the imdbid number

Fourth) Search imdb using title search for the name (as displayed in the left pane in mip), if more then one imdb id is returned, populate a dialog with each of those items returned from the results and allow the user to pick which movie it is.

for folder level, it looks for movie.nfo as well as any .nfo in the folder (since only those relating to the movie should be in a folder that is specific to that movie.)

imdb's search can be odd
"http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=" + searchencode(pmname) + "&x=0&y=0"
bolt - works
bolt 2009 - does not return bolt
bolt (2009) - works

Quote:Secondly sometimes it would say the above but not actually display the movie at all, and from within this screen there is then no way to type a new name in for it to search, the only option to be to cancel out of it, then it would come up with the same movie again and to cancel again, before it would move on.

Thanks to the specific cases you provided, i've changed the search behavior to leave ( and ) around a year
if a year is entered without ( and ) around it, it will remove the year, which results in much better results from imdb.

An option in the dialog to change the name here would be helpful, it won't make it into the next patch though.

Quote:And the main issue was that it would keep popping up every half minute or so, and took total focus of the computer Surely it would benefit users if it went and found what it could then displayed the errors for the user to fix. Because basically it meant I had to be in front of the computer for the entire process which took just over 2 hours.
Initial setup is a pain and takes time, but correct results are important. I could have mip guess at what movie it is, but it doesn't do a really good job and there are way too many variables for me to cover 10,000+ users with a blanket this will work thing..

with that in mind, i'm open to ideas on how to guess what movie you have in folder x .

Quote:And finally perhaps there should be a new user option where it takes the most obvious thing the user wants, so for instance I could click a button to have use folder names, download everything and put it in my folders. I notice one buttons sort of did this only it kept getting confused on names, for instance 'Alien 1979' seems a very obvious hit, only its apparently not with many results coming back not related to the word Alien or 1979 at all.
This was part of the year issue, and will work much better in the next patch.

Quote:230 user options is very impressive, but perhaps less would be much much more if you get my drift.
The defaults work well for most users, I can only guess what folks want, which is why the configuration can be changed. There is a simple mip coming, it's a stripped down version, but the same issues are there.

Quote:Please understand I am not putting down, this app seems like the answer to my prayers, as long as I don't have to sit and watch it for three hours Wink
Feedback is how mip gets better, details are a good thing and really do help.

Quote:The exception error came at exactly the same point in the scan so I wonder if some film has confused it I will investigate and get back to you.

cool, one thing to make sure of is that your running the latest build of MIP. the mip update utility will ensure this and is available on the website. The update utility checks for updates to itself when it runs, so it's always up to date.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-28

Hi Fekker

A couple of questions for you

1. How are you getting on with updates to music, i.e autopilot?

2. Any plans to implement features from DJHs new Aeon Auriga skin, for instance the mutliplex view which uses an extrathumbs folder which contains thumbs for that view?

- 2-7offsuit - 2009-04-28

For some reason MIP won't get rid of the [ in a lot of my movie names. For instance, it would read "Bolt [2009]" as "Bolt [". I've added it to the name filters, but that doesn't help either. Is there something I'm missing?

- fekker - 2009-04-28

2-7offsuit Wrote:For some reason MIP won't get rid of the [ in a lot of my movie names. For instance, it would read "Bolt [2009]" as "Bolt [". I've added it to the name filters, but that doesn't help either. Is there something I'm missing?

add it to the custom filters and check the option to use file level filters for foldernames.

put in the following the custom filter.
(.*)\[