Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-28

lestat1977uk Wrote:Hi Fekker

A couple of questions for you

1. How are you getting on with updates to music, i.e autopilot?

2. Any plans to implement features from DJHs new Aeon Auriga skin, for instance the mutliplex view which uses an extrathumbs folder which contains thumbs for that view?

still sorting out movie stuff, so haven't made it over to music yet, but it's in the next round of updates

I am working on some additional items with Digitalhigh for Serenity right now, it's possible that aeon can use those images when complete, but they are being created with Serenity in mind.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-28

ok Fekker look forward to the music updates

Cool i also use Serenity, as for Aeon the thumbs are 16:9 show and season thumbs, so hopefully can use for both

thx again

- kulprit - 2009-04-28

I think you missed my tv overwriting the nfo files that I already have fekker, on the previous page, I have read that it was just meant to rename these?

- anoobie - 2009-04-28

Hi Fekker,
Is it possible to use MIP to update the nfos created by MC for media flags only? I want my nfos to stay untouched except for adding dts, ac3, etc to the studio field.

If possible are there instructions available? I tried it but it kept renaming to .oldversion. Thanks

- Montellese - 2009-04-28

anoobie Wrote:Hi Fekker,
Is it possible to use MIP to update the nfos created by MC for media flags only? I want my nfos to stay untouched except for adding dts, ac3, etc to the studio field.

If possible are there instructions available? I tried it but it kept renaming to .oldversion. Thanks

Maybe this is what you are looking for: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48138

I've never used it myself but it sounds like it does what you are looking for.

- anoobie - 2009-04-28

Thanks man. Never thought updating flags was that easy.

- Montellese - 2009-04-28

anoobie Wrote:Thanks man. Never thought updating flags was that easy.

No need to thank me Wink Thank the guy who developped and released that tool.

- bramblepants - 2009-04-28

Hi, just a quick question regardin MIP and the tvupdate.exe file (i think it's called that?)

I have a script which launches the file once a tv episode has finished downloading and it happily runs though downloading nfos and thumbnails etc etc.

Just wondering if there's a way to either minimize or completely hide the DOS window which pops up whilst it's updating? The reason being that on occasion I'm watching something on XBMC and either the mouse pointer pops up in the middle of the screen, or DOS windows invade for a few seconds then dissapear!

- david81 - 2009-04-28

Good day Fekker,

As I've just recently really started using MIP for TV Shows (just used file view before) I've discovering some things I hadn't noticed before.

Now matter what I set the options to, MIP seems to download a whole bunch of images when a new show is added. I've disabled wide icons completely but it still seems to grab them. I have the number of posters/thumbs set to 3 I believe. When Simpsons was added this last week MIP queued up over 800 files to download. Does this sound right? Seems like an awful lot of data for just one episode...

- Swifty - 2009-04-28

I hate to bump a post but could anyone shed any light on this issue with music fanart ?
This thread moves so fast it seems to have slipped by without being noticed Laugh

Quote:Can anyone tell me how you get MIP to save backgrounds (fanart) for Music ?
I have got it to scan my albums and when I click an artist it's grabbing fanart from htbackdrops but I can't figure out how you actually save the files?? I just seems to download them into the cache folder inside MIP and when I click Tools | Scan artists and check for backgrounds it doesn't do anything..

Thanks!

- midgetspy - 2009-04-29

Fekker can you make an option to download all fanart for a show and save it as MovieFolder/extrathumbs/thumb#.jpg (# = 1, 2, 3, etc)? If there was a way to autopilot-download all fanart that'd be amazing. This would be a great way for people to get the extra thumb slideshow in Aeon Auriga.

- fekker - 2009-04-29

kulprit Wrote:I think you missed my tv overwriting the nfo files that I already have fekker, on the previous page, I have read that it was just meant to rename these?

As long as it's a valid xml formated .nfo file, it should leave it alone. If it's not, it will remove it. It prob should have a rename option, just never added one.

Episode level is also going to update the first time when it adds media info.

2890 is up on mip update, it adds creation options for episode thumbnails and episode fanart directly from the media file using ffmpeg. This is designed for Serenity's new options that Digitalhigh is working on. It's still in the early stages and is slow as it has to get the images from the video, then resize them maintaining the aspect ratio, based off the display aspect ratio of the media as encoded. then it gives a dialog allowing selection of the episode thumbnail and episode background.

for some reason the text for the episode thumbnail doesn't show up, the top half is the episode thumbnail 720x480 size

the bottom half is the episode fanart 1280x720 size

gui feedback during creation is not done, it just sits there.. i'll work on that after I get all the other areas sorted out with it's creation and put it into another thread so the gui can tell ya it's working.

Quote:tvshow commandline
, i'll add a flag to hide the wget windows (i'm guessing that's what items your referring to)

Quote:No matter what I set the options to, MIP seems to download a whole bunch of images when a new show is added.
tvshow and bunch of images.. first run on a show it's going to grab all the images it can from tvdb.. if there's an insane amount, see if you have media images enabled, that can be a bunch more images.. after it has them once, you won't see the window again and it won't need to go after those images.

Music fanart, one thing checks your local folder for the music fanart pack (that's the auto assign one, since it's based on names) the other downloads it from htbackdrops.. once downloaded from htbackdrops, goto the background tab, pick on and click on it to assign it.. no automatic stuff on that yet, it's on the list

as for .nfo updates.. unless you set the option not to rename the .nfo file it's going to backup any non-xml formated .nfo files. if it's valid it will display it.

while mip and mc do things abit different, most .nfo's should be compatable.. got an example one for me to take a look at? (pastebin please)

think i got the questions covered, sorry if i've missed one, just bring it back up if so... not much time right now and spending what I can to get the new updates out the door.

- fekker - 2009-04-29

midgetspy Wrote:Fekker can you make an option to download all fanart for a show and save it as MovieFolder/extrathumbs/thumb#.jpg (# = 1, 2, 3, etc)? If there was a way to autopilot-download all fanart that'd be amazing. This would be a great way for people to get the extra thumb slideshow in Aeon Auriga.

i'm thinking the naming conventions, sizes, locations and such might change for some of those. However, if ya could, please hit up digitalhigh with what ya got and if it works for him i'll add it in, there's a ton of options for images.. resize, compression, naming, locations, source (i.e. direct from media or from images from sites).

The reason i ask ya hit him up with the questions is that I'm working on a bunch of new items with him right now, some of which i'm sure are in the same realm. and of course collaboration = goodness Big Grin

- david81 - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:tvshow and bunch of images.. first run on a show it's going to grab all the images it can from tvdb.. if there's an insane amount, see if you have media images enabled, that can be a bunch more images.. after it has them once, you won't see the window again and it won't need to go after those images.

I guess I can see that, kinda like pre-cache for movies. Just seemed a bit excessive to add one episode of one show.

Any way to restrict it to download only applicable stuff? (e.g. for Simpsons right now I just have one episode, may only ever have one or two at a time. I watch and delete. Do I really need thumbnails for each season?)

Also, when making changes in the config, it doesn't seem to take for me. I uncheck the "show wget" option, hit save but it still shows. When I go back into settings, it is rechecked. Most other settings seem to stick, but this one and the number of TV Show posters (can't change it away from 8) are a bit sticky on the defaults.

- fekker - 2009-04-29

david81 Wrote:I guess I can see that, kinda like pre-cache for movies. Just seemed a bit excessive to add one episode of one show.

Any way to restrict it to download only applicable stuff? (e.g. for Simpsons right now I just have one episode, may only ever have one or two at a time. I watch and delete. Do I really need thumbnails for each season?)

Also, when making changes in the config, it doesn't seem to take for me. I uncheck the "show wget" option, hit save but it still shows. When I go back into settings, it is rechecked. Most other settings seem to stick, but this one and the number of TV Show posters (can't change it away from 8) are a bit sticky on the defaults.
for shows, it's grabs all the images for all seasons, but it should be selectable down to 1 (i think) for each area.. so not many images would be downloaded.. if you go into display mode first (before loading shows) it will ignore the images and won't attempt to download them.. (well all but media images those dont' care what mode right now, (bug))

sounds like a bug with the config selection part.. i'll look into why those settings are not getting applied correctly.