Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- hikaricore - 2009-04-29

So I'm not 100% sure what's causing this because the debug mode seems to do nothing, however here is the issue I'm facing.
Every single time MIP is done scanning and updating my tv shows it just hangs and does nothing.
I've left it sit for 15 hours and it still does nothing, at all.
It downloads thumbs and posters and everything just fine, it even saves thumbs and nfos.

Once and once only it brought up a list of shows that it couldn't find matches/episodes for
and I was able to actually work with my shows but the very next time it froze up again.

I'll test out the new release and let you know if I can figure anything else out. >.>

- kulprit - 2009-04-29

fekker, they are not properly formated xml .nfo, which is obviously why they are being over written. If this could be stopped it would be great. Also, the copy Certification to MPAA works fantastically, thank you so much for that feature.

- fekker - 2009-04-29

hikaricore Wrote:So I'm not 100% sure what's causing this because the debug mode seems to do nothing, however here is the issue I'm facing.
Every single time MIP is done scanning and updating my tv shows it just hangs and does nothing.
I've left it sit for 15 hours and it still does nothing, at all.
It downloads thumbs and posters and everything just fine, it even saves thumbs and nfos.

Once and once only it brought up a list of shows that it couldn't find matches/episodes for
and I was able to actually work with my shows but the very next time it froze up again.

I'll test out the new release and let you know if I can figure anything else out. >.>
hmm.. wonder if the dialog is behind the active window again.. try alt-tab and see if it appears.. disable debug first, that takes forever anyway..

if it still craps out.. run the command line version with the debug flag (miptvupdate -debug). .exe file is in mip's intall directory

- fekker - 2009-04-29

kulprit Wrote:fekker, they are not properly formated xml .nfo, which is obviously why they are being over written. If this could be stopped it would be great. Also, the copy Certification to MPAA works fantastically, thank you so much for that feature.

i'll have to add that into the rework plans for shows.. in it's current mode, mip is anal about the xml files being proper since it needs those to display the data.

good to hear that one is working correctly. Big Grin

- kulprit - 2009-04-29

I know I want the new nfo, i just want it to rename the old ones rather than overwrite them, also if it is implemented, is it possible to rename the actual file, and not change the file type to like .nfo.old?

Thanks again

- fekker - 2009-04-29

kulprit Wrote:I know I want the new nfo, i just want it to rename the old ones rather than overwrite them, also if it is implemented, is it possible to rename the actual file, and not change the file type to like .nfo.old?

Thanks again

gotcha, that can be done easy.. tvshow.orig.nfo ? hows that work for ya?

also, is this the tvshow.nfo file or episode specific ones? .. could do the same for episodes .. blarg.s1e02.orig.nfo

- kulprit - 2009-04-29

Sorry this is only episode specific ones, the nfo's mip creates for the whole show is fine, i don't already have them. Also blarg.s1e02.orig.nfo is a great way of doing it, still makes it openable is the main thing.

- Kilack - 2009-04-29

Hi Fekker,

I've noticed that MIP isn't downloading banners (folder.jpg) for me in some cases. I've just noticed it recently. I have checked thetvdb.com and they have banners there for the tv series im talking about.. is that where you download them from?

an example would be "tour of duty", mip didn't download the banner but one exists there.. something im doing?

- fekker - 2009-04-29

Kilack Wrote:Hi Fekker,

I've noticed that MIP isn't downloading banners (folder.jpg) for me in some cases. I've just noticed it recently. I have checked thetvdb.com and they have banners there for the tv series im talking about.. is that where you download them from?

an example would be "tour of duty", mip didn't download the banner but one exists there.. something im doing?

in the tv shows settings, check the language override option.. for some reason it list the lang for the banner as pl when everything else is in english.

- seedzero - 2009-04-29

kulprit Wrote:fekker, they are not properly formated xml .nfo, which is obviously why they are being over written. If this could be stopped it would be great. Also, the copy Certification to MPAA works fantastically, thank you so much for that feature.

Thanks Fekker for the Cert to MPAA, I'll check out this release when I get home! Keep up the fantastic work!

- fekker - 2009-04-29

And here's what the updated gui to pick those (using MIP) will look like tomorrow, i tweaked it abit and gave more options for picking the image.

working on the extra fanart for movies and shows next

- gbdesai - 2009-04-29

Good stuff Fekker, just wanted to say thanks again, you're doing all of us a great service!

- zeltak - 2009-04-29

Hi Guys

Ive just noticed that all TV info and Movies are gone every time i close and restart the program, that is i get 000 movies and 000 shows even though had about 350 in each. I couldn't find a save button, so is this the "normal" behaviour to start with 000 and load all info each time? movies is fine but TV shows take like 25 minutes so its kinda annoying..

thx

Zeltak

- hikaricore - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:hmm.. wonder if the dialog is behind the active window again.. try alt-tab and see if it appears.. disable debug first, that takes forever anyway..

if it still craps out.. run the command line version with the debug flag (miptvupdate -debug). .exe file is in mip's intall directory

Nothings running behind the window it just tops out at 99-100% cpu on one core and stays that way.
However the cli version seems to work however it isn't taking into account my mip setting and overwriting the tv nfo files from what I can tell.
I'll post a log when it's done.

** Hrmm guess it doesn't actually output a log file, I'm gonna have to pipe this into a text file myself and look for anything out of sorts. :p **

- Montellese - 2009-04-29

zeltak Wrote:Hi Guys

Ive just noticed that all TV info and Movies are gone every time i close and restart the program, that is i get 000 movies and 000 shows even though had about 350 in each. I couldn't find a save button, so is this the "normal" behaviour to start with 000 and load all info each time? movies is fine but TV shows take like 25 minutes so its kinda annoying..

thx

Zeltak

It's the normal behavior as the infos are read from the nfo files. So even if it is done automatically at the beginning all the information must be loaded which doesn't shorten the process. So let's say you just want to change a movie and start MIP and it starts scanning all your TV Shows automatically as well => you need to wait 25minutes or longer only to change 1 movie.

In my opinion the only way to get the infos faster would be an internal database holding all the information from the NFOs. But if you manually change an NFO you would want MIP to update the internal database as well. It could be done by saving a hash of the NFO or something in the DB and if it doesn't fit with the available file, rescan it or something.

But it still would take quite a while to go through all folders etc.