Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:And here's what the updated gui to pick those (using MIP) will look like tomorrow, i tweaked it abit and gave more options for picking the image.

working on the extra fanart for movies and shows next

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get home from work tonight so I can play with it more.

Like I said in the text...maybe keep it as-is, but add a slider or something that can also let you pick a specific time to grab a ss from? Not necessary, but I can already forsee someone requesting this. Wink

Definitely gonna be reduxing the TV collection tonight to utilize all these...

- Halibutt - 2009-04-29

I just noticed a strange behaviour in 2870, not sure if it's a WAD, a bug or a feature request.

I recently decided to finally tag all my movies with film studios so that the studio icons start being displayed. MIP seems to be choosing the studio names based on IMDB or some other database and apparently chooses only one studio (and that's fine, otherwise both logos are displayed in Aeon, one on top of the other).

So I decided to pick the studios I don't have icons for and replace them with the ones I do have icons for. Say, if a film was made by both Scott Free and De Line Productions, MIP chooses the latter, while I have an icon for the former. I tried typing the studio name in the "Skin tag" and "Studio" fields and saving, but upon reload (Display mode) the studio went back to De Line - and no change was saved in the .nfo files.

So I tried changing the studios in the .nfo files by hand, in Notepad. All went fine, but upon restart MIP... reverted those changes back. Any idea how to improve this?

By the way, our database of studio icons now uses two names: one shortened and one used by IMDB. This way it'd be easier to use the database in some future release of MIP - hopefully Smile

EDIT:/ Just noticed the same is true to 2790: no chance to save the studio if it's not on the internal list (and barely any is there).

- hikaricore - 2009-04-29

As I've mentioned in my previous post the CLI tv updater is not overwriting existing nfo files.
Okies that's cool I can just delete the damn things and scan as needed. However something strange happens:

Quote:Show Count: 161
Media file found, parsing: ashes.to.ashes.s02e01.ws.pdtv.xvid-river.avi
Found Single Episode: Season 2 - Epsiode1
Media file found, parsing: ashes.to.ashes.s02e02.ws.pdtv.xvid-river.avi
Found Single Episode: Season 2 - Epsiode2

This here shows me that mipupdater found Ashes To Ashes, Season 2, Episode 2...
However it just doesn't for whatever reason write the nfo file. O.o And this is after I've deleted the original.
The filename is in the exact same form as episode 1 and it writes that nfo but not for episode 2. >.<
I'm still trying to parse through this log and see what other info I can find.

- gbdesai - 2009-04-29

In the FAQ there is a question about why XBMC won't pick up changes in revised NFO files during a library update. It indicates that you should "click here" to get info on how to do a full update (I assume without just deleting the whole source, cleaning library, and re-adding all content). Unfortunately, there is no actual link anywhere to be found.

So is there a way to do a "forced" update or something like that?

- kizer - 2009-04-29

Let me get this straight. Now your app will generate thumb nails its self? Man I leave for a few weeks and come back and what the heck happened. Wink

I really like the idea of it creating thumb nails because now I don't have to wait for them to be created else where and completely rely on elsewhere.

I just hope my little PC can do it. hahaha

- supernoman - 2009-04-29

I grabbed 2890 but I don't see where to set episode images. Also, do I have to generate these myself? I have 7000+ episodes in MIP, so that would be a major PITA!

Thanks for the great work!

- fekker - 2009-04-29

gbdesai Wrote:Good stuff Fekker, just wanted to say thanks again, you're doing all of us a great service!
Welcome Big Grin

Quote:Hi Guys

Ive just noticed that all TV info and Movies are gone every time i close and restart the program, that is i get 000 movies and 000 shows even though had about 350 in each. I couldn't find a save button, so is this the "normal" behaviour to start with 000 and load all info each time? movies is fine but TV shows take like 25 minutes so its kinda annoying..

thx

Zeltak
This is normal and to be expected. MIP does not store the information about movies or shows that you have, it does a realtime scan for those when you load the items. Since images are cached locally, it doesn't have to download them again. Since data is cached locally, as well as stored in the .nfo files, it will load that up as well.

tv shows should not take that long to load.
make sure there it's not in debug mode (check in config.xml, search for debug (there's only one debug item in there) make sure it's value is false.
unless you have tens of thousands of shows, it should load in a minute or maybe 2 at most. It could be attempting to get the episode thumbs from tvdb, while most work correctly, there api has some issues and returns invalid images, which mip always try's to correct... to test, disable downloading of episode thumbnails and see if that speeds things up.

Quote:Nothings running behind the window it just tops out at 99-100% cpu on one core and stays that way.
However the cli version seems to work however it isn't taking into account my mip setting and overwriting the tv nfo files from what I can tell.
I'll post a log when it's done.

** Hrmm guess it doesn't actually output a log file, I'm gonna have to pipe this into a text file myself and look for anything out of sorts. **
Today 02:24
command line has an option to overwrite .nfo files as a parameter (for episodes), not sure if the shows one works or not, sounds like i'll need to check that one again.

in debug mode (set it in config.xml, only one item says debug, change that one to true) it will output a file to tvshowdebug.log in the root of mip's install directory. The gui toggle works for me as well... turn on debug (under settings drop down in tv shows) and it will output to the gui and to the log file.

pegging of the core is prob something to do with reading the media info in the file.. is there one it gets stuck on and doesn't output the .nfo file for (episodes i mean).

there are a few updated versions of mediainfo.dll on sourceforge, i didn't set mip to lock to a specific version, so you could rename the one in the folder (.old or whatever) and then put in a new version from the author of the tool. Most of the newer ones seem to have more issues, but i haven't tried the .14 update. http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86862&package_id=90614 .. grab MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.14_Windows_i386_WithoutInstaller.7z and extract to mip install directory

if that doesn't work, i'll put a build together that doesn't pull media info (or bypasses the check for shows) for testing.

Quote:Looks awesome! Can't wait to get home from work tonight so I can play with it more.

Like I said in the text...maybe keep it as-is, but add a slider or something that can also let you pick a specific time to grab a ss from? Not necessary, but I can already forsee someone requesting this.

Definitely gonna be reduxing the TV collection tonight to utilize all these...
I thought about the slider and realtime options, might be outside of my skills to make that work as it would need a full render of the video inside the app.. not impossible though Big Grin .. right now it starts 5 seconds in and grabs that from the first 3 minutes of the video.

Quote:I just noticed a strange behaviour in 2870, not sure if it's a WAD, a bug or a feature request.

I recently decided to finally tag all my movies with film studios so that the studio icons start being displayed. MIP seems to be choosing the studio names based on IMDB or some other database and apparently chooses only one studio (and that's fine, otherwise both logos are displayed in Aeon, one on top of the other).

So I decided to pick the studios I don't have icons for and replace them with the ones I do have icons for. Say, if a film was made by both Scott Free and De Line Productions, MIP chooses the latter, while I have an icon for the former. I tried typing the studio name in the "Skin tag" and "Studio" fields and saving, but upon reload (Display mode) the studio went back to De Line - and no change was saved in the .nfo files.

So I tried changing the studios in the .nfo files by hand, in Notepad. All went fine, but upon restart MIP... reverted those changes back. Any idea how to improve this?

By the way, our database of studio icons now uses two names: one shortened and one used by IMDB. This way it'd be easier to use the database in some future release of MIP - hopefully

EDIT:/ Just noticed the same is true to 2790: no chance to save the studio if it's not on the internal list (and barely any is there).
the list is generated from the .xml file, need to sync that with your list of studio options, i'll add it to the next patch.. you can always add them manually to the mystudios.xml file in mip's install dir.. will revist this one and do some testing.. it's prob because studio is stored in studioreal in the .nfo file.. tag data is stored in studio, which is a compiled field.

save should write what is displayed in the gui, the save button that is.

Quote:Media file found, parsing: ashes.to.ashes.s02e02.ws.pdtv.xvid-river.avi
Found Single Episode: Season 2 - Epsiode2
that might be what's causing the hang.. it could be it doesn't like something in that avi file (mediainfo that is).. does media info gui return the data for that one? i'll test a blank file to see if it's a scraper issue as well.

Quote:In the FAQ there is a question about why XBMC won't pick up changes in revised NFO files during a library update. It indicates that you should "click here" to get info on how to do a full update (I assume without just deleting the whole source, cleaning library, and re-adding all content). Unfortunately, there is no actual link anywhere to be found.

So is there a way to do a "forced" update or something like that?
for data from the .nfo file, a manual refresh on each item in xbmc works, but the easiest is removing the source, saying yet to removed cached data, and re-adding and scanning in xbmc. for images, removal of just xbmc's image cache works great and doesn't touch anything else.. that is just deleting the xbmc image cache folder.

Quote:Let me get this straight. Now your app will generate thumb nails its self? Man I leave for a few weeks and come back and what the heck happened.

I really like the idea of it creating thumb nails because now I don't have to wait for them to be created else where and completely rely on elsewhere.

I just hope my little PC can do it. hahaha
Big Grin yup.. it's slower then i'd like, but that's ffmpeg reading the data and putting out the files for the episode.. and it's manual right now until i can come up with a way to weight the image using image magick to allow auto-selection (and not end up with a blank screen shot).. the nice thing is that the quality of them is way better then the ones on tvdb.. if you have dvd, or hd source, the quality rocks for them and the background, either way with the skin it looks awesome in serenity

Quote:I grabbed 2890 but I don't see where to set episode images. Also, do I have to generate these myself? I have 7000+ episodes in MIP, so that would be a major PITA!

Thanks for the great work!
under the tools menu when an episode is being displayed, click on create thumbnail for episode.
currently it's manual, see above for more info on what i need to find out before doing an automated thing.
the automation of that part will be dog slow as well, but it's just a loop through an array of data so it's not impossible.

- fekker - 2009-04-29

Montellese Wrote:But it still would take quite a while to go through all folders etc.

the folder read for 40,000 movie folders takes about 12 seconds Big Grin these are just test directory's with no data, and since they are created by a script they are in order on the drive itself, so not real world, but it's still fast Big Grin

i'll revisit the database, local hash of the data and other areas to speed things up in version 2.0.2 of mip. (we are at 2.0.1 now)

- Msan - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:tvdb was returning some 0k zip files for shows..

see if there are 0k files in
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything
if so remove them

that's where it trys to save the compressed show data when it grabs it from thetvdb, if those are zero, extraction will fail, and the "error in banner read" when it trys to read the banners file (that's where the images are at for shows, posters & fanart) and the first item it hits during loading in MIP.

I have the same issue with "Error in Banner read"..
For me it's 76143 (Kyle XY)

I checked temp\tvdb\everything and there is no file with that number.. BUT there are 2 xml files in temp\tvdb named Kyle XY.xml and Kyle.XY.xml and they contain different data..

Kyle XY.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<Data>
<Series>
<seriesid>76143</seriesid>
<language>en</language>
<SeriesName>Kyle XY</SeriesName>
<banner>graphical/76143-g3.jpg</banner>
<Overview>Kyle XY: a story about a 16 year old boy with a mind of a genius. He's found wondering in the streets with no memory of who he is, or where he comes from. He's soon taken to a youth detention center, where he meets Nicole Trager, a psychologist. She sees that Kyle has these amazing abilities. It's not long before she wants to bring him home to her husband and two kids. Stephen at first has his doubts about Kyle. While staying with the Tragers, Kyle starts to remember and is willing to go all the way to unlock his past.</Overview>
<FirstAired>2005-01-01</FirstAired>
<IMDB_ID>tt0756509</IMDB_ID>
<zap2it_id>SH832965</zap2it_id>
<id>76143</id>
</Series>
</Data>

Kyle.XY.xml:
Code:

<Data>
</Data>

I tried deleting everything in temp, but the issue keeps coming back Sad

Running 2890 now..

- fekker - 2009-04-29

Msan Wrote:I have the same issue with "Error in Banner read"..
For me it's 76143 (Kyle XY)

I checked temp\tvdb\everything and there is no file with that number.. BUT there are 2 xml files in temp\tvdb named Kyle XY.xml and Kyle.XY.xml and they contain different data..

Kyle XY.xml:
Code:

<Data>
<Series>
<seriesid>76143</seriesid>
<language>en</language>
<SeriesName>Kyle XY</SeriesName>
<banner>graphical/76143-g3.jpg</banner>
<Overview>Kyle XY: a story about a 16 year old boy with a mind of a genius. He's found wondering in the streets with no memory of who he is, or where he comes from. He's soon taken to a youth detention center, where he meets Nicole Trager, a psychologist. She sees that Kyle has these amazing abilities. It's not long before she wants to bring him home to her husband and two kids. Stephen at first has his doubts about Kyle. While staying with the Tragers, Kyle starts to remember and is willing to go all the way to unlock his past.</Overview>
<FirstAired>2005-01-01</FirstAired>
<IMDB_ID>tt0756509</IMDB_ID>
<zap2it_id>SH832965</zap2it_id>
<id>76143</id>
</Series>
</Data>

Kyle.XY.xml:
Code:

<Data>
</Data>

I tried deleting everything in temp, but the issue keeps coming back Sad

Running 2890 now..

also check
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache\tvdb

remove zip file from temp folder, remove cache from cache data (banner.xml)

i'll see about making this work better in the next rev

- Halibutt - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:the list is generated from the .xml file, need to sync that with your list of studio options, i'll add it to the next patch.. you can always add them manually to the mystudios.xml file in mip's install dir.. will revist this one and do some testing.. it's prob because studio is stored in studioreal in the .nfo file.. tag data is stored in studio, which is a compiled field.

save should write what is displayed in the gui, the save button that is.

Thanks, looking forward to it. Not sure if it's one problem or two though, as it seems that the Save button doesn't work as designed. I tried the following procedure:
  1. Click on a film title in download mode
  2. change the studio by typing in the field and click save
  3. Then I opened the .nfo files and indeed one of the fields (but not both of them) got changed
  4. Then I switched MIP to Display mode, clicked on some other film and then again on the one I just changed info for
  5. Taddaa! The old studio name is back there, no matter what.
All in all, it would be nice to lock the studio name so that it's immune to browsing the films in MIP in Download mode.

Anyway, I could prepare an updated mystudios.xml (unless of course you already have it - or know an easier way than typing 134 studio names by hand)...

- Msan - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:also check
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache\tvdb

remove zip file from temp folder, remove cache from cache data (banner.xml)

i'll see about making this work better in the next rev
No zips or folders with 76143 there.. I just searched the whole mediainfoplus folders for 76143 and Kyle and only the 2 xml files where found..

Is there a way to manually pull the zip file from the tvdb website?

- fekker - 2009-04-29

Halibutt Wrote:Thanks, looking forward to it. Not sure if it's one problem or two though, as it seems that the Save button doesn't work as designed. I tried the following procedure:
  1. Click on a film title in download mode
  2. change the studio by typing in the field and click save
  3. Then I opened the .nfo files and indeed one of the fields (but not both of them) got changed
  4. Then I switched MIP to Display mode, clicked on some other film and then again on the one I just changed info for
  5. Taddaa! The old studio name is back there, no matter what.
All in all, it would be nice to lock the studio name so that it's immune to browsing the films in MIP in Download mode.

Anyway, I could prepare an updated mystudios.xml (unless of course you already have it - or know an easier way than typing 134 studio names by hand)...

i'm not touching the studio code Big Grin .. but i've got something better
took your xml file and reworked it abit, had to break out multiline items, and add some changes to the layout and contents.. blah blah blah.. end result is that the list contains all of the ones you have listed and if you put a copy of the media images into the directory the gui will show the studio image.

to change studio, ya use the studio button (to right of studio), that list is now the same as the latest version of your xml.
if you can match the output format from your site, like ya create for aeon, that would allow folks to grab the latest without me changing things around.
notes on that.. no multi line items, one per name.. disney | pixar = no .. two entries.. one for disney, other for pixar.. also media info flags are set to no display.

put files into here... (or install dir + \customimages\media\flags)
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\customimages\media\flags

i'll finish up that area and fix the tv show issue with error in banner read and get a build up when it's ready.. hour, maybe a few

- fekker - 2009-04-29

2891 test patch on the website, not going into mip update yet as i'm not done with testing on it.

uses the full studio list and will display the image in mip if it's in the customimages/media/flags folder in mip

should fix the error in banner read for shows as well

adds in the multi thumb selection (as seen in the screenshot a few pages back)

For debugging shows, it also adds the option to not scan tv episodes for media information. (in tvshow settings and config)

- Msan - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:2891 test patch on the website, not going into mip update yet as i'm not done with testing on it.

uses the full studio list and will display the image in mip if it's in the customimages/media/flags folder in mip

should fix the error in banner read for shows as well

adds in the multi thumb selection (as seen in the screenshot a few pages back)
Thanks, will download test and report back.. might take a bit, updating the media collection over a vpn connection takes a bit longer Smile