Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- hikaricore - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:2891 test patch on the website, not going into mip update yet as i'm not done with testing on it.

uses the full studio list and will display the image in mip if it's in the customimages/media/flags folder in mip

should fix the error in banner read for shows as well

adds in the multi thumb selection (as seen in the screenshot a few pages back)

Just fyi your rar file is a zip file. :p

Quote:mip_2891_patch_exefilesonly.rar is not RAR archive

This probably won't matter for folks who don't use cli tools but I thought I'd let ya know.

- fekker - 2009-04-29

hikaricore Wrote:Just fyi your rar file is a zip file. :p

This probably won't matter for folks who don't use cli tools but I thought I'd let ya know.

woops.. gotta fix that part of the script to check the extension before upload and link. Trying to get as much automation of builds possible, guess i could spend a bit more time getting that sorted Big Grin

- Halibutt - 2009-04-29

fekker Wrote:i'm not touching the studio code Big Grin .. but i've got something better
(...)

put files into here... (or install dir + \customimages\media\flags)
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\customimages\media\flags

Thanks a lot mate, that indeed is something better. Testing it right now. It still doesn't has some flaws, mostly in the list (no Focus, double Lionsgate...), but it works a charm.
Cheers

- fekker - 2009-04-29

Halibutt Wrote:Thanks a lot mate, that indeed is something better. Testing it right now. It still doesn't has some flaws, mostly in the list (no Focus, double Lionsgate...), but it works a charm.
Cheers
hmm.. it should be an exact copy, i used your xml and notepad2 to replace some text and rename some areas..

i'll double check against source.. let me know if there's any others ya find .. ok checked source.. lionsgate had two entrys and focus is missing there too.. maybe i had an older version of the xml or something?

think your site can output an xml like that one? (mystudio2.xml)

- garvani - 2009-04-30

Fekker: Could you update your second post with additional info on how to get most studio icons displaying in xbmc correctly using mip. What needs to be downloaded (studio icons etc, xmls), where these files need to go, what needs to be done in mip, and finally what needs to be done in xbmc for it to pick these up (although its nothing if you have the correct skin.. that probably needs to be pointed out). It will help with all the new people coming into the forums, and should also help with the same repeated questions..You have started it but with the advancement in studio icons in the past month or so it dosnt contain the information needed, at the moment you have to troll through countless pages of threads for all the info required, and since this is the program most people will use to achieve this it seems logical for it to be in the first couple of posts Laugh

- fekker - 2009-04-30

New additional utility tool.. requires 2891 or higher build of MIP

(mip files are on mip's website .. http://www.mediainfoplus.com in the downloads area

i put together a command line parser for it that generates the mystudios2.xml file for mip

studioconverter.exe is a command line app that converts Includes_MediaFlags.xml to mip's mystudio2.xml file

- save converter to some folder
- download the latest media flags and xml file
http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/getFiles.php
- extract that file somewhere on your local machine..
- wherever ya extracted that file to, go into the 720p folder and copy the Includes_MediaFlags.xml to the same directory as studioconverter.exe
- copy the images to MIP's directory C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\customimages\media\flags .. you will also want to copy the ones from one of the skins (Serenity and/or Aeon) to get the default other studio images

- run the tool to create mystudio2.xml

if you saved the converter and Includes_MediaFlags.xml to some other directory, just copy the mystudio2.xml to your MIP install folder

Now when your looking at your movies, and you click on the studio change button (to the right of the studio name) the list will have all available studios with images
pick the correct studio from the left list.. this will ensure it'll work in the skins as that's the list we just converted over

HUGE props to Halibutt and FernFerret .. they made the list and house the images.. i just made it work with MIP .. collaboration = good

example of mystudios2.xml (shortened version for example only)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mystudios xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <version>1.02</version>
  <mystudio>
    <displayonly>false</displayonly>
    <texture>flags/20thcenturyfox.png</texture>
    <studioname>Fox</studioname>
  </mystudio>
  <mystudio>
    <texture>flags/universal.png</texture>
    <studioname>Universal</studioname>
  </mystudio>
  <mystudio>
    <texture>flags/filmfour.png</texture>
    <studioname>FilmFour</studioname>
  </mystudio>
  <mystudio>
    <texture>flags/filmfour.png</texture>
    <studioname>Channel Four</studioname>
  </mystudio>
  <mystudio>
    <texture>flags/disney.png</texture>
    <studioname>Disney</studioname>
  </mystudio>
  <mystudio>
    <texture>flags/disney.png</texture>
    <studioname>Pixar</studioname>
  </mystudio>
</mystudios>

- Livin - 2009-04-30

fekker,
are you going to build this EXE into MIP - or at least launch it from within MIP?

- Montellese - 2009-04-30

fekker Wrote:the folder read for 40,000 movie folders takes about 12 seconds Big Grin these are just test directory's with no data, and since they are created by a script they are in order on the drive itself, so not real world, but it's still fast Big Grin

i'll revisit the database, local hash of the data and other areas to speed things up in version 2.0.2 of mip. (we are at 2.0.1 now)

Well I atm I only have about 10 tv shows on my harddisc (all the others are on an external harddisc) with each tv shows having an average of 3 seasons and scanning them takes about 2 minutes. I don't know why it takes that long but I thought it's normal so I didn't complain about it. But if I would scan all my tv shows (well the 750 GB external harddisc only contains tv shows so you can imagine that the 10 tv shows on my harddisc atm is only a small part) it would take soo much longer. Maybe I'm missing an option in settings or something?

Btw as you already use the MediaInfo dll would it be possible to replace the runtime scraped from IMDb with the one read from the file itself? I mean the runtime on IMDb and the real one always differ. The most annoying part about the IMDb runtime are infos like the ones containing different version's runtime and not showing right in XBMC.

Maybe you could make it the way that IF you can read the runtime from the source file use this one otherwise use the one scraped from IMDb? That would be a great improvement in my opinion. Best of all would be if you could display the runtime from MediaInfo in minutes only and not in something like "1h 20min 43s" (not sure if it even shows milliseconds might depend on the parameter you use with MediaInfo).

- Halibutt - 2009-04-30

fekker Wrote:New additional utility tool.. requires 2891 or higher build of MIP
Thanks, you're my idol now!
Cheers

- iLurk - 2009-04-30

fekker Wrote:New additional utility tool.. requires 2891 or higher build of MIP

Wow!! lol do you ever sleep?! thanks for the add-on Big Grin

- PiNCH - 2009-04-30

This may be a dumb question, but if XBMC can write and read all images from a .db file, can't MIP do the same? Write to a .db and let XBMC read it. If that's possible, one could also just let XBMC scrape and then use MIP to edit anything it got wrong (plus a central DB would be awesome!) Wink

- Msan - 2009-04-30

PiNCH Wrote:This may be a dumb question, but if XBMC can write and read all images from a .db file, can't MIP do the same? Write to a .db and let XBMC read it. If that's possible, one could also just let XBMC scrape and then use MIP to edit anything it got wrong (plus a central DB would be awesome!) Wink
and if the db gets corrupted/deleted/lost you have to start from scratch Sad

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-30

Msan Wrote:and if the db gets corrupted/deleted/lost you have to start from scratch Sad

Backups are easy enough to automate...

- Msan - 2009-04-30

fekker Wrote:2891 test patch on the website, not going into mip update yet as i'm not done with testing on it.

uses the full studio list and will display the image in mip if it's in the customimages/media/flags folder in mip

should fix the error in banner read for shows as well

adds in the multi thumb selection (as seen in the screenshot a few pages back)

For debugging shows, it also adds the option to not scan tv episodes for media information. (in tvshow settings and config)
I'm not sure if the last version fixed the banner issue or if it was just a naming issue.. I noticed that Kyle XY was actually named Kyle.XY on my NAS server.. (But that should still work no?)
Anyway, I renamed the folder and no more banner issue.

Another thing I noticed.. I have the movie Wall-E in a folder called Wall-E, but MIPs always displays it as Wall instead of Wall-E

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-30

Msan Wrote:Another thing I noticed.. I have the movie Wall-E in a folder called Wall-E, but MIPs always displays it as Wall instead of Wall-E

Select it in movies, paste the proper IMDB ID in the IMDB box, and then click the green dot. That should update the data. Then click save info, and rescan in XBMC.