Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Msan - 2009-04-30

fekker Wrote:And here's what the updated gui to pick those (using MIP) will look like tomorrow, i tweaked it abit and gave more options for picking the image.

working on the extra fanart for movies and shows next
I'm running 2891 and for the life of me I can't get to that selection screen.. Where is it hiding?

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-30

Highlight an episode, select tools - > create episode thumbnail? It's the last one in the list.

- PiNCH - 2009-04-30

Msan Wrote:and if the db gets corrupted/deleted/lost you have to start from scratch Sad
Although time consuming, making a new DB isn't that big of a deal - it's a mostly automated process anyway Wink

I don't mind all the files MIP creates in the movie dir as I only have one movie per dir, but episodes is a different case; an .nfo + .tbn for every ep kinda clutters up a neatly organized library Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-30

PiNCH Wrote:Although time consuming, making a new DB isn't that big of a deal - it's a mostly automated process anyway Wink

I don't mind all the files MIP creates in the movie dir as I only have one movie per dir, but episodes is a different case; an .nfo + .tbn for every ep kinda clutters up a neatly organized library Wink

I can agree with what you're saying about clutter, but for me, the only thing I use to view any of my media (except for maybe music in the bg on winamp when I'm developing) is XBMC. So, having extra files sitting around for the sake of not having to re-download my whole library every time I need to update stuff...well, it doesn't bother me so much. Wink

- themugger - 2009-04-30

Hi Fekker, love your program and have been using it successfully for a while now. A few questions though as always Smile

1./ For some reason when i use auto pilot my movies download the fanart and nfo fine but not the posters and i have to go back to relect them individually...

2./ I love the miptvupdate tool and was wondering if there was anything similiar for movies, i use sab and would like to run this when a movie d/l completes if possible.

Thanks again.....

- PiNCH - 2009-05-01

digitalhigh Wrote:I can agree with what you're saying about clutter, but for me, the only thing I use to view any of my media (except for maybe music in the bg on winamp when I'm developing) is XBMC. So, having extra files sitting around for the sake of not having to re-download my whole library every time I need to update stuff...well, it doesn't bother me so much. Wink
I get what you're saying, and you're probably right too, I just really like the idea of only having a single file containing the complete library... dunno why, really :confused2:

Well, one could argue that MIP being able to write to a .db isn't a real necessity, but being able to read .db would still be awesome; let XBMC do the scraping and should anything go wrong, it can be corrected using MIP.

I did a test with a complete season of a show, and where MIP got all the info correct, it added | and \ around all cast info (ie. "|DIRECTOR|", "/WRITER1/WRITER2/") all to be displayed in XBMC... This is probably an easy fixable issue, I just never had any problems with XBMCs own scraper, plus, by using XBMC to scrape you don't lose that "home entertainment system"-feeling Wink

- bobrap - 2009-05-01

Msan Wrote:I'm running 2891 and for the life of me I can't get to that selection screen.. Where is it hiding?

When I hit create thumbnail for episode, I get an error looking for a directory. says "could not find part of the path". Do I need to create a directory somewhere? thanks.

- SN33KY - 2009-05-01

i got TV shows with DVD files with video_ts en audio_ts files but they are in a folder like C:\Users\User\Videos\TV Shows\The Wire\Series 1\s1d1, C:\Users\User\Videos\TV Shows\The Wire\Series 3\nl4u.the.wire.s3d1, C:\Users\User\Videos\TV Shows\The Wire\Series 5\The.Wire.S5D1.Custom.NL.by.JayDee etc....
Can't media info 2 read this or am i doing things wrong?
how to solve this? make a image file? or do i need to rip it to divx before it is going to work? please help.

multiplex??? - xalaros - 2009-05-01

any idea when we are going to be able to download thumbs for the new multiplex aeon tvshow viewHuh i got used to download everything automatically and now it seems difficult to download manually.
Anyway i am looking forward to going from wide thumbs and posters to multiplex thumbs the new view seems really cool.

1 thing I would like to see: - jetskijoe - 2009-05-01

I like to see a way to find duplicate movies. I have over 1400 movies in my collection and I am sure I have dupes but there is no easy way to find them. I have my movies on multiple drives and external drives so I just wish there was an easy way to find them. BTW great program.

Thanks
Joe

- Msan - 2009-05-01

bobrap Wrote:When I hit create thumbnail for episode, I get an error looking for a directory. says "could not find part of the path". Do I need to create a directory somewhere? thanks.
I finally got around to trying that feature and am also getting the same error Sad

- fekker - 2009-05-01

"When I hit create thumbnail for episode"
as well as for those getting errors when trying to compress or resize an image

32bit users
make sure you have this folder
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\3rdParty\ImageMagick
and there are files in there
.. if not, download and extract image magick to that folder. (file is on mip website)
http://mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1:2.0.1&download=8:image-magic-portable&Itemid=54
64bit users
you will need to download and install image magick 64bit to
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\3rdParty\ImageMagick
be sure to check the option during install for dll access... details in mip wiki as well as in first page post.

Quote:dup check
- should be easy enough to get that one in
Quote:aeon thumbs
- not sure which ya mean

Quote:for tv shows,
best way is to break them apart with dvd shrink to single .iso files for each episode.. or create a full disk iso, and name it with s01e01e02e03e04 .. that tells it season 1, episdoes 1 - 4

Quote:or some reason when i use auto pilot my movies download the fanart and nfo fine but not the posters and i have to go back to relect them individually...
known limitation, it can only do autopilot on the impawards.com posters (make sure those are enabled in settings)..
for tmdb and other posters, ya have to select them at the movie level.. meant to fix this, ran out of time

command line for movies will happen, but it's going to be abit.

I'm going to try to get one more patch out this weekend, then it's gonna be a few weeks for the next set.

full cast? - vism - 2009-05-01

Hi, I was wondering is there a way to have MIP download the complete cast for movies and such? I noticed right now it's pulling from TMDB which usually only lists the top 5-10 stars. I want a more complete listing from IMDB. Is there a way to do this?

- themugger - 2009-05-01

Thanks for your responces fekker! just what i wanted to hear Smile

- Halibutt - 2009-05-01

Fekker, you're going to hate me for this, but it seems the movies and series work just fine. How about fixing the music part now? Big Grin Seriously, let us know if there is any way we could help you with that.

As to music, I mean mostly the automagical move&rename thingie (great idea, too bad it doesn't work) and music fanarts (making them work would fix a major flaw in XBMC as it seems that now the fanart selection doesn't search the Internet - or is it only me?).

You're our god anyway, so whatever your plans are, they're fine Smile
Cheers